Walter Ruether

Stugots

It falls on us ladies and gentlemen.

History has a tendency to repeat itself. Just as the founding members of the UAW had to fight, so shall we. Just as they were first to fight, we shall be as well.

They were not "super men". They were regular working class men and women like us, who realized enough was enough.

We opened our contract and gave concessions. After doing so ford stated they were now on par with the foreign transplants. Now they want to match gm and chrysler.

Pattern bargaining is dead. We stand alone as the only American auto company who didn't take money, and isn't bankrupt.

I know this is scary. You are not alone. Our founding members were scared also. But they stuck together, stood tall, and persevered. So shall we.

The UAW led the way for the average American to earn a good living. After Ruether and the rest made a stand, America followed. And they will again.

We are trend setters. We are ground breakers. We are the UAW. Don't forget it!

SOLIDARITY

History has a tendency to repeat itself. Just as the founding members of the UAW had to fight, so shall we. Just as they were first to fight, we shall be as well.

They were not "super men". They were regular working class men and women like us, who realized enough was enough.

We opened our contract and gave concessions. After doing so ford stated they were now on par with the foreign transplants. Now they want to match gm and chrysler.

Pattern bargaining is dead. We stand alone as the only American auto company who didn't take money, and isn't bankrupt.

I know this is scary. You are not alone. Our founding members were scared also. But they stuck together, stood tall, and persevered. So shall we.

The UAW led the way for the average American to earn a good living. After Ruether and the rest made a stand, America followed. And they will again.

SOLIDARITY

Hey Stugots- that's Walter Reuther- R-E-U-T-H-E-R Thank you.

SOLIDARITY

You got that right brother...

We work for a living and a fair days work for a fair days pay is what we're all about....

I had enough of these broken promises and agreements to us and especially our retirees who spent a lifetime working, thinking they were providing for, and protecting their families futures, with the pensions, suvivior benefits and health care gaurnteed by our collective bargaining agreements....

I'm fighting mad....

Solidarity

Reuther wasnt fighting against a bankrupt company in the middle of the worst recession EVER. Personally I could give a fuck, all I want is a job and a wage. Legal services, paid college, child care, family centers, etc isnt realistic anymore. Keep fighting asshole and you wont have a job or union to fight for.

Nobody likes a quitter. Can you defend the company on their mis spending, their foreign investments? Excessive wages to executives. Visteon. We could do this all day.

If we don't fight we will end up making wal mart wages anyhow. What's the damn difference? At least if we fight we can say we tried.

Edited by Stugots

Can you defend the UAW and their golf course, their boats, their work rules, the money spent on that radio station, money spent of campaigns, working to keep deadbeats working, etc.

Imagine you are a life long smoker. You know you are killing yourself but you keep on doing it. When its time for the lung transplant, your doctor says nope cant help you. You made a bunch of bad decisions and now you must live with the consequences. If I was that doctor Id help you so I could make money off you instead of letting you die and getting nothing.

Can you defend the UAW and their golf course, their boats, their work rules, the money spent on that radio station, money spent of campaigns, working to keep deadbeats working, etc.

Imagine you are a life long smoker. You know you are killing yourself but you keep on doing it. When its time for the lung transplant, your doctor says nope cant help you. You made a bunch of bad decisions and now you must live with the consequences. If I was that doctor Id help you so I could make money off you instead of letting you die and getting nothing.

Shut the fuck up! You are a big asshole and dont deserve one fucking thing the UAW, and ford has giving you. You want a paycheck? Quit the auto industry and stand on your own to feet. I bet you fall on that big fucking head of yours.

Shut the fuck up! You are a big asshole and dont deserve one fucking thing the UAW, and ford has giving you. You want a paycheck? Quit the auto industry and stand on your own to feet. I bet you fall on that big fucking head of yours.

Nice reply, cant form an intellgent retort without the use of fucking every other word?

Simple answer the UAW is not going broke, the domestic auto manufactures are.

The UAW can afford that golf course even though they are losing money on it, because they can manage their business and obligations. Where on the other hand the auto companies have not saved or invested right otherwise legacy costs that they knew would come to fruition would eventually have to be paid. So point being not only has the UAW managed it's business they are more recently tasked with managing the auto companies responsibilities because Ford, GM and Chrysler didn't know how to save for future obligations.

That intelligent and insulting enough of a reply, Mr. salaried ?

Edited by lquidspine

Simple answer the UAW is not going broke, the domestic auto manufactures are.

The UAW can afford that golf course even though they are losing money on it, because they can manage their business and obligations. Where on the other hand the auto companies have not saved or invested right otherwise legacy costs that they knew would come to fruition would eventually have to be paid. So point being not only has the UAW managed it's business they are more recently tasked with managing the auto companies responsibilities because Ford, GM and Chrysler didn't know how to save for future obligations.

That intelligent and insulting enough of a reply, Mr. salaried ?

hey liquid, dont waste your time on this salary PUKE, he aint worth it.

hey liquid, dont waste your time on this salary PUKE, he aint worth it.

Lol thanks for the concern Dark.

But honestly I am sick of debating about religion and the bailouts on the non automotive site I frequent, so taking on an insider that is blind to what is going on should be fun while I am laid off the next few weeks. :stirpot:

Lol thanks for the concern Dark.

But honestly I am sick of debating about religion and the bailouts on the non automotive site I frequent, so taking on an insider that is blind to what is going on should be fun while I am laid off the next few weeks. :stirpot:

very true, good luck!!!

he reeks of salary puke!

What's your take eagle? And pulse, captain723, what are you feelin?

I think all unions have to come together. The UAW is by far the most responsible union over the last 70 years. If we don't take on the Europe concept of "Shut the Country Down" we are going to see more and more of the same.

Reuther wasnt fighting against a bankrupt company in the middle of the worst recession EVER. Personally I could give a fuck, all I want is a job and a wage. Legal services, paid college, child care, family centers, etc isnt realistic anymore. Keep fighting asshole and you wont have a job or union to fight for.
It's "DOUCHBAGS" like you that are the reason this company is in the shape it's in the UAW was founded during " THE GREAT DEPRESSION " BECAUSE OF "CROOKS" like you , their will be a CHANGE coming to people like yourself !! TAKE , TAKE , TAKE WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND !!! NOW GO HIDE UNDER YOUR DESK !! And by the way if you don't like UNIONS you should consider a job at WALMART , you'd make a great greeter ....

Sorry to ruin you party boys but I am not salaried. I am a UAW member that comes to work every day and does the job asked of me. I dont whine and bitch about my job, I dont have restrictions, Ive never been to medical, and Ive never had an AWOL. Guess what, Ive never had to call my committee man to come clean up my mess either.

In the real world people get paid on their performance and dont have cradle to grave benefits anymore. If we want to survive and have a "fucking" job, Ill use the word you retards can understand, then we are going to have to give back many of the perks Ford has granted us.

We have an opprotunity to do great things now that we are the ONLY domestic car company not government loans/bailout/ownership. We can move beyond GM and Chrysler and start making money again and gaining market share. We can become AMERICAS car company. OR we can fight, bitch, and show our asses (like everyone in this thread) and turn people away and make them buy foreign.

Most people hate UAW workers and our benefits and when "dumbasses" like yourselves (more retard language) spout off about fighting and going back to our militant roots it just makes us look like we want Ford to go under.

I expect nothing more than a fuck you, suck a dick, your the problem, eat shit reply from you Einsteins.

Sorry to ruin you party boys but I am not salaried. I am a UAW member that comes to work every day and does the job asked of me. I dont whine and bitch about my job, I dont have restrictions, Ive never been to medical, and Ive never had an AWOL. Guess what, Ive never had to call my committee man to come clean up my mess either.

In the real world people get paid on their performance and dont have cradle to grave benefits anymore. If we want to survive and have a "fucking" job, Ill use the word you retards can understand, then we are going to have to give back many of the perks Ford has granted us.

We have an opprotunity to do great things now that we are the ONLY domestic car company not government loans/bailout/ownership. We can move beyond GM and Chrysler and start making money again and gaining market share. We can become AMERICAS car company. OR we can fight, bitch, and show our asses (like everyone in this thread) and turn people away and make them buy foreign.

Most people hate UAW workers and our benefits and when "dumbasses" like yourselves (more retard language) spout off about fighting and going back to our militant roots it just makes us look like we want Ford to go under.

I expect nothing more than a fuck you, suck a dick, your the problem, eat shit reply from you Einsteins.

good post 182

182, If in fact you are an hourly UAW/Ford employee, You should tear up your Union card and become management. As a matter of fact, become management and come to Ohio Assembly. Get off the soapbox. Those "perks" that you say Ford granted us were very hard fought and won because the folks of the UAW deserve them. The UAW members sweat and blood are the forgotten ingredients in the build of our cars and trucks.

Most people hate the UAW, because they don't have what we have. If we were't here......they would have less; BOTTOM LINE. Make no mistake, this isn't about Ford, Chrysler, GM. This is about the survival of the working middle class. The elitist management types at all levels are jealous that a "line worker" can provide for his family's well being without having the burden of all the college costs that they have to pay. They chose their path. We chose ours. We can still become America's Car Company, while protecting the lives we enjoy. The only thing stopping that from happening is GREED. Before you spew any more of your anti UAW rhetoric, please say Thank You....UAW. Then proceed to be as hypocritical as you wish. :redcard:

182, If in fact you are an hourly UAW/Ford employee, You should tear up your Union card and become management. As a matter of fact, become management and come to Ohio Assembly. Get off the soapbox. Those "perks" that you say Ford granted us were very hard fought and won because the folks of the UAW deserve them. The UAW members sweat and blood are the forgotten ingredients in the build of our cars and trucks.

Most people hate the UAW, because they don't have what we have. If we were't here......they would have less; BOTTOM LINE. Make no mistake, this isn't about Ford, Chrysler, GM. This is about the survival of the working middle class. The elitist management types at all levels are jealous that a "line worker" can provide for his family's well being without having the burden of all the college costs that they have to pay. They chose their path. We chose ours. We can still become America's Car Company, while protecting the lives we enjoy. The only thing stopping that from happening is GREED. Before you spew any more of your anti UAW rhetoric, please say Thank You....UAW. Then proceed to be as hypocritical as you wish. :redcard:

Id rather have a job than these hard fought and won "perks"

Child care

Family centers

ESSP, drug and alcohol conselling/rehab. What other business has this asinine benefit?????

company paid college tuition and books

legal services

full medical benefits, no co-pay

JSP/GEN, what other business pays people not to work????

family days

The above reasons are why people hate the UAW. Granted some of those are gone already, but they still are negative marks against us. Add to it the stories of people working 4 hours and getting paid 8, people getting fired mulitple times and getting back in, people not showing up at least once a week and still having a job, etc. Thats the stuff that make people mad. Where else can you not come to work and still have a job? My dept has 15 extra people to cover the AWOLs. Ford has to pay more people than they should have to pay to cover those that dont show up.

So tell me again why fighting, bitching, and talking about going back to the stone age is going to help us keep our jobs. Face it, you may think every business should offer the benefits we have instead of us giving back but its not going to happen that way And the longer we hold on to these ancient benefits the closer we get to the street.

Id rather have a job than these hard fought and won "perks"

Child care

gone
Family centers
gone
ESSP, drug and alcohol conselling/rehab. What other business has this asinine benefit?????
Maybe we should lock up these employees, I mean the war on drugs and the billions upon billions have done allot to stop drug use since the eighties hasn't it.
company paid college tuition and books
gone
legal services
Ford uses this benefit as well not just the hourly workers
full medical benefits, no co-pay
well lets see $25 office co-pay, $100 emergency co-pay if not admited, prescription co-payments shall I go on
JSP/GEN, what other business pays people not to work????
Toyota for one, besides JSP is gone
family days
Wow 2 days out of four years, and you can bet the only reason these where not taken in the modifications agreement was due to most people have at least already used one day

The above reasons are why people hate the UAW. Granted some of those are gone already, but they still are negative marks against us. Add to it the stories of people working 4 hours and getting paid 8, people getting fired mulitple times and getting back in, people not showing up at least once a week and still having a job, etc. Thats the stuff that make people mad. Where else can you not come to work and still have a job? My dept has 15 extra people to cover the AWOLs. Ford has to pay more people than they should have to pay to cover those that dont show up.

So tell me again why fighting, bitching, and talking about going back to the stone age is going to help us keep our jobs. Face it, you may think every business should offer the benefits we have instead of us giving back but its not going to happen that way And the longer we hold on to these ancient benefits the closer we get to the street.

There are many more that would argue that we are overpaid for the skill level type of work we do, let alone most from the outside that would just as well buy imported goods without any thought of what it does to this country.

How many of those needless benefits have you offered back to the company ?

Save the company yourself there 182 start by buying your own medical insurance, take your SUB checks to pay roll when you are laid off and dont cash them.....please lead by example instead of preaching from your high horse.

I will admit there are people that abuse the benefits those before us fought hard to get, however tell me one program that is not abused. When my wife and i met she was on WIC, going down to the office with her one time I saw people getting out of there Escalades and right into the office getting food stamps and such. Abuse of programs will always occur but there are rules for termination if more management would enforce the rules all the time and not just when it is against a worker they disapprove of then allot of the abuse would slow down.

Edited by lquidspine

Nice reply, cant form an intellgent retort without the use of fucking every other word?

Speak from experience ?

Personally I could give a fuck, all I want is a job and a wage.

Judge not ye be judged, seems you where the first one on this thread replying with the foul language.

Are we to come to the conclusion that is all you can understand, but in an effort to make yourself feel smarter than most you start out by criticizing the type of language you yourself obviously can use ?

This will be fun 182, or you can continue to ignore my responses to your posts when it does not suit your asinine comments.