2010 Mustang Shipping Hold

ice-capades

I just received a note from my Ford Zone Manager who was replying to my inquiry about why the 2010 Mustang shipping and tracking information is so poor this year. He tells me that ALL the 2010 Mustangs are on a shipping hold but he hears that they believe they will start shipping within the next 7-10 days. I'll post any updated information available as I receive it.

Thanks for the info. I have been annoying the heck out of my dealer for info on a stang ordered April 8th, that the window sticker shows was built on 4/28. Had an estimated delivery of 5/27 and no joy yet. The salesman has been extremely nice by calling the trucking company regularly to see if it has been unloaded from rail in the region. I think he even called the zone rep for here (texas) to try and track down, but has not heard back. We were starting to wonder if it was lost or if it was a delay from the OTT factory stripe and it was sitting at VPC during the shutdown.

Do you happen to know when the shipping hold started?

Thanks for the info. I have been annoying the heck out of my dealer for info on a stang ordered April 8th, that the window sticker shows was built on 4/28. Had an estimated delivery of 5/27 and no joy yet. The salesman has been extremely nice by calling the trucking company regularly to see if it has been unloaded from rail in the region. I think he even called the zone rep for here (texas) to try and track down, but has not heard back. We were starting to wonder if it was lost or if it was a delay from the OTT factory stripe and it was sitting at VPC during the shutdown.

Do you happen to know when the shipping hold started?

We're still waiting for a 2010 Shelby GT500 Coupe that was produced as of March 17th!

I just received a note from my Ford Zone Manager who was replying to my inquiry about why the 2010 Mustang shipping and tracking information is so poor this year. He tells me that ALL the 2010 Mustangs are on a shipping hold but he hears that they believe they will start shipping within the next 7-10 days. I'll post any updated information available as I receive it.

Do you know the reason for the hold?

No one at Ford is revealing anything as to the reason for the shipping hold. Perhaps it's better that they not reveal the reason so that the media doesn't get ahold of it and blow the story out of proportion and taint the new 2010 Mustang's introduction. Even so, it's still frustating at the Dealership level considering that we're now in "Mustang Season" for a good part of the country and we're having trouble getting the cars.

No one at Ford is revealing anything as to the reason for the shipping hold. Perhaps it's better that they not reveal the reason so that the media doesn't get ahold of it and blow the story out of proportion and taint the new 2010 Mustang's introduction. Even so, it's still frustating at the Dealership level considering that we're now in "Mustang Season" for a good part of the country and we're having trouble getting the cars.

I read on another forum that it had to do with the passenger side airbag cover warping in the sun and moving about 1/8 inch out of alignment. I guess they had to run through and fix them all.

Sounds about what I had heard. My salesman just called me after speaking with the zone manager confirming most of this. No stangs will ship until they have ALL been corrected, but they have already begun work. Told me to expect my car in about 3-4 weeks depending on the order my car gets freighted out which will not be done based on order date, but instead luck of the draw. *sigh*

Sounds about what I had heard. My salesman just called me after speaking with the zone manager confirming most of this. No stangs will ship until they have ALL been corrected, but they have already begun work. Told me to expect my car in about 3-4 weeks depending on the order my car gets freighted out which will not be done based on order date, but instead luck of the draw. *sigh*

that sucks, cars rolling off the assembly line with the fix already installed will probably be shipped before cars people are waiting for. I wonder if they will do a TSB for the cars already delivered?

I met with my Ford Zone Manager today and he confirmed that the issue is NOT related to the Pasenger Air Bag cover. It is a different issue that I can't disclose but is being addressed so that the vehicles that have been subject to the shipping hold can be released within the next 7 to 10 days.

Out of 6 Mustangs built over the past few months... 2 are still at the plant awaiting shipping release, 2 have moved to the shipping ramp in Ohio (Ramp 98) and 2 have made it all the way to the Selkirk, NY (Ramp 46) destination which is the final destination for my Dealership's vehicles. Hopefully, these 2 Mustangs will be loaded onto carriers at the Selkirk ramp and be delivered to the Dealership within the next few days. The vehicles at Selkirk, NY are a 2010 Mustang GT Convertible (White/Automatic) & 2010 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible (Kona Blue/Automatic) are are two of the last of our 2010 Mustang's produced of our orders. Our 2010 Shelby GT500 Coupe that was produced as of March 17th has arrived at the ramp in Ohio but hasn't moved in the past week. I'll provide more information as it becomes available. So far, it seems that the information received from my Ford Zone Manager is accurate regarding the Mustang "Shipping Hold" being released within the next week to 10 days as of last week.

Anyone still seeing movement in the mustang world? I saw a few hit one or two hit most of the local dealers last Monday/Tuesday, but then everything just stopped. Makes me wonder if they were already in transit during the hold and they were simply released to finish their journey.

Received another 2010 Mustang GT Premium Coupe (Black w/Black Leather) early yesterday morning and got a note from our Dealer Principal last night that our 2010 Shelby GT500 Coupe (Torch Red w/Black Racing STripes) arrived yesterday afternoon. Now just waiting for another 2010 Mustang GT Premium Coupe (Torch Red w/Black Leather) and a 2010 Mustang GT Premium Convertible (Grabber Blue w/Black Leather) that are still at the plant awaiting their shipping release.

Our Torch Red 2010 Mustang GT Premium Coupe has finally arrived at Ramp 98 in Ohio so we should have it within the next week or so. Of course, we have a customer waiting for our 2010 Mustang GT Premium Convertible in Grabber Blue that's been sitting at the plant for well over a month!

• 4 weeks later...

Shipping hold is over for sure. My dealership got my car today. It was late this afternoon and they were closed. I was going bye and saw the car carrier there. Pulled in and there was my baby on the bottom row right next to the truck cab. Video the driver unloading her and he even let me sit in her before he locked her up. Cant wait for Monday. It would have been 18 weeks on Tuesday.

Edited by dconfer

Our Dealership received the last of our stock 2010 Mustang's that was part of the shipping hold. Vehicle is a 2010 Mustang GT Premium Convertible (Grabber Blue/Black Leather/Black Cloth Top/5-Speed Manual/HID Headlamps) that was produced as of March 17th!

Thursday night we got a retail 2010 Mustang GT Premium Coupe scheduled for one of our customers with one of the accessory packages that was a commodity issue for a number of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

My ordered 'stang from April 8th just arrived at the dealer. Worst part is after all the wait, it looks like crap. I guess the factory stripe kit was changed or never looked anything like what is shown on the ford website and brochure. Plus, a lousy job was done leaving bubbles in the vinyl striping. Way to go Ford. I would have hoped that after sitting in Flat Rock for 3 months it would have come out right. What a shame.