Linky :bowdown:

That was a very good write up ... If I didn't have all these loans to pay off before they go to one shift , I'd be buying one myself ... and I work in the plant that builds these cars!

And yes for what you get, Ford is giving these cars away.

If they ever put the darn 24v SOHC V8 in there I will buy one. I don't care if they stick the old 4R70W but a ZF6 would make for a great tranny behind that shiny 3v V8. My setiments are the same as the author and I'm only 21. Call me a grey hair in a young man's body but I don't care. I love my big cars.

That's a GREAT article. The 95 CV I had would put you back in your seat when you floored it. We sold it when it had 158000 miles on it. Even though we now have a Five Hundred (which is not a bad car), I still wish we had a CV. They (and the GM) are fantastic cars, need a little tweaking on the interior features, exterior, and the engine, that should be left alone forever!!!!

If they ever put the darn 24v SOHC V8 in there I will buy one. I don't care if they stick the old 4R70W but a ZF6 would make for a great tranny behind that shiny 3v V8. My setiments are the same as the author and I'm only 21. Call me a grey hair in a young man's body but I don't care. I love my big cars.

We need more customers like you Steve :happy feet:

Yes, it would be simple to make the Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, and Town Car into highly desireable vehicles by:

- offering the 3 valve 4.6 engine and 6-speed automatic (easy and almsot cost free);

- installing an independent rear suspension (not as difficult nor as expensive as it sounds, since Ford has so many good independent rear suspension designs which they have made (e.g. the pre- 1997 Thunderbird and Mark VIII design) or are now making for other vehicles; and,

- designing new interiors.

You might notice that I did not say anyting about the exteriors, since I don't see any need to change them. With the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger having a rap/gang look and small trunks, and rumors that the new Impala will also have a small trunk, the design and proportions of the present designs are excellent alternatives.

You might notice that I did not say anyting about the exteriors, since I don't see any need to change them. With the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger having a rap/gang look and small trunks, and rumors that the new Impala will also have a small trunk, the design and proportions of the present designs are excellent alternatives.

Well, I would hope they'd redo the front and rear clips, as those are pretty easy to manage.

Oh, and :finger: 4V NOT 3V :finger: or I get a bigger frying pan :rockon: