order accepted, whats next?

xlover

Just expect to sit and wait 2.5-3 months and hear nothing. My dealership called on Monday (finally) and said mine would be here today. Talked to them yesterday (I had to call) and they said it should be here today. As of 11 am I have heard nothing.... no surprise. How can you not know if a car is going to be there or not? I ordered mine 4/30.

Order placed 6/17 dealer told me was accepted by the factory on 7/7. How long until I should expect the VIN number?

What are the different order status stages on the vehicle visibility report?

I've been managing all new vehicle orders, stock and retail, for my primary Ford store for over 20 years so I'll try to answer your questions as best I can based on what you've written so far. Vehicle scheduling is usually done on Thursday night of each week, with Dealers being notified on Friday mornings, so it's not likely that your order was actually scheduled on Tuesday, July 7th unless that's when your Dealer first realized that it had been scheduled. The 7th was my birthday so I know it was Tuesday!

The vehicle's VIN number is generated at the same time that the vehicle is scheduled at the plant. The Vehicle Visibility reporting and tracking system available to Dealers provides "real time" reporting for every change in a vehicle's status (Sent to Plant/In Production, Produced, Released for Shipment, etc.) from the time the order was initially placed all the way through production and shipping until deliver to the ordering Dealer.

Thank you for buying a new Ford!

Just expect to sit and wait 2.5-3 months and hear nothing. My dealership called on Monday (finally) and said mine would be here today. Talked to them yesterday (I had to call) and they said it should be here today. As of 11 am I have heard nothing.... no surprise. How can you not know if a car is going to be there or not? I ordered mine 4/30.

I'm sorry to read that you you have not received your new Mustang yet but your complaint provides no information other than that you ordered the vehicle on April 30th and that your Dealer told you that it was expected on Monday and hadn't yet arrived as of Friday. I'd be curious to know on what basis your Dealer was giving you updated vehicle status information. When was the vehicle produced? Released for shipping? What is its' current location? Model? Destination?

I'd be happy to try to answer/address your claims/complaint but would like to know more. As has been discussed at length here on the Mustang Message Forums, there have been substantial shipping delays with the 2010 MY Mustangs. Ford has been doing thorough quality inspections for new model introductions the past couple of years to ensure that vehicles are delivered to Dealers with the required quality for sale and delivery to customers which has greatly reduced the risk of having to issue a recall and then dealing with the aftermath of the press coverage and backlash afterwards.

There have been three "quality" issues that I know of on the 2010 Mustang that have been part of the shipping hold. These issues were identified several months ago and were addressed as the corrected components were being received at the plant. None of the issues were of a critical matter but important enough that Ford wanted to address them at the plant level so that it wasn't necessary to issue a recall notice, however minor. The first priority was to use the "good" components on the vehicles in production so as to not interrupt production. As such, this is what started the shipping hold resulting in older produced units being the last to be released for shipping.

2010 Mustang units currently being built and/or scheduled should not experience any shipping delays.

To anyone that's ordered and still waiting to receive their new 2010 Mustang, the wait will be well worth it!

The VIN number to my car is 1ZVBP8EN2A5133898. If there has been that many "quality" issues with my car then Ford shouldn't have a problem giving me an extended warranty for the trouble. There is no reason why my "made" car should be still sitting in a lot when I know a few Mustangs made right before mine and right after has been shipped. No reason to tell me twice in a week that my car should be here on Friday only to find out Friday that it never left Michigan.

The VIN number to my car is 1ZVBP8EN2A5133898. If there has been that many "quality" issues with my car then Ford shouldn't have a problem giving me an extended warranty for the trouble. There is no reason why my "made" car should be still sitting in a lot when I know a few Mustangs made right before mine and right after has been shipped. No reason to tell me twice in a week that my car should be here on Friday only to find out Friday that it never left Michigan.

Sorry but there's absolutely no reason why Ford should give you an ESP because you've had to wait longer than expected for your vehicle. Ford is making sure that all 2010 Mustang's meet their required quality standard before being released. The vehicle is covered by the full manufacturer's warranty... should you have any problems.

I've been managing all new vehicle orders, stock and retail, for my primary Ford store for over 20 years so I'll try to answer your questions as best I can based on what you've written so far. Vehicle scheduling is usually done on Thursday night of each week, with Dealers being notified on Friday mornings, so it's not likely that your order was actually scheduled on Tuesday, July 7th unless that's when your Dealer first realized that it had been scheduled. The 7th was my birthday so I know it was Tuesday!

The vehicle's VIN number is generated at the same time that the vehicle is scheduled at the plant. The Vehicle Visibility reporting and tracking system available to Dealers provides "real time" reporting for every change in a vehicle's status (Sent to Plant/In Production, Produced, Released for Shipment, etc.) from the time the order was initially placed all the way through production and shipping until deliver to the ordering Dealer.

Thank you for buying a new Ford!

Thanks for assistance. I think some of my terminology may have been off so I will try to provide more detail. When I called on Friday 7/10 I was told my order that I placed on 6/19 had been "pulled" in their words on 7/7. They did not have the VIN number yet. I asked them the next time i should check in and they said in a week or so. Should I expect to have a VIN number this friday 7/17? They told me once the VIN comes things move pretty quickly.

Thanks for assistance. I think some of my terminology may have been off so I will try to provide more detail. When I called on Friday 7/10 I was told my order that I placed on 6/19 had been "pulled" in their words on 7/7. They did not have the VIN number yet. I asked them the next time i should check in and they said in a week or so. Should I expect to have a VIN number this friday 7/17? They told me once the VIN comes things move pretty quickly.

The VIN number is generated when the vehicle order is "pulled" or scheduled so your Dealer already has it!

Now, I don't have the same contacts as I use to (work in a different part of the company), so I can't do any follow up but this....this is what an internal website says....

Current

Awaiting Shipment Released Autoalliance International Inc, MI Jul-11-2009 Jul-27-2009

Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - D58 (Autoport Limited ) Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI Jul-10-2009, 13:25 ET Jul-27-2009

Awaiting Shipment Returned to Plant (Autoport Limited ) Flat Rock, MI Jul-10-2009, 12:19 ET Jul-27-2009

In Production Produced Autoalliance International Inc, MI Jun-22-2009 Jul-27-2009

In Production Body Shop Autoalliance International Inc, MI Jun-18-2009 Jul-27-2009

In Production Sent to Plant Autoalliance International Inc, MI Jun-09-2009 Jul-27-2009

In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jun-18-2009) Autoalliance International Inc, MI Jun-04-2009 Jul-27-2009

In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jun-15-2009) Autoalliance International Inc, MI May-21-2009

In Order Processing Unscheduled- Clean May-05-2009

Now, I don't have the same contacts as I use to (work in a different part of the company), so I can't do any follow up but this....this is what an internal website says....

Current

Awaiting Shipment Released Autoalliance International Inc, MI Jul-11-2009 Jul-27-2009

Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - D58 (Autoport Limited ) Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI Jul-10-2009, 13:25 ET Jul-27-2009

Awaiting Shipment Returned to Plant (Autoport Limited ) Flat Rock, MI Jul-10-2009, 12:19 ET Jul-27-2009

In Production Produced Autoalliance International Inc, MI Jun-22-2009 Jul-27-2009

In Production Body Shop Autoalliance International Inc, MI Jun-18-2009 Jul-27-2009

In Production Sent to Plant Autoalliance International Inc, MI Jun-09-2009 Jul-27-2009

In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jun-18-2009) Autoalliance International Inc, MI Jun-04-2009 Jul-27-2009

In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jun-15-2009) Autoalliance International Inc, MI May-21-2009

In Order Processing Unscheduled- Clean May-05-2009

Sorry accidently pressed enter, I was trying to pretty up above..... but as of July 11th, your ETA is July 27th. Again, sorry I can't do any follow up for you....unforturnately, during a quality hold, the first in is last out.....don't dispair, you will will very happy when it arrives!!!

Put things in perspective (not that you want to hear this....) but an in-law of mine was told 10 to 12 weeks for his Venza....told him to cancel the order and make it a 2010....better yet ,buy an Edge