DTP 3 Crew

CandyCane

Heard that in the beginning,but with KCAP Truck losing a shift, and FORD needs 4 shifts to build the F-150 I would think DTP will keep there C-CrewBut who knows,we never get the real story as to why things happen......Thats why I just show up til they tell me othe....rwise!!

We were told that KCAP moving their second shift to SUV side was temporary as well. That is why the C crew is only scheduled for 6 weeks.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scoop?

3 crew is not temporary. The rumors about 6 weeks on 3-crew came earlier this summer when there was the possibility of more sales due to cash for clunkers. Studies were flying around about running 5 shifts for about 6 weeks. The launch of 3crew now is because they are moving the truck crew to the SUV side at KCAP. This move is 'permanent' -- at least a hell of a lot more than 6 weeks. So to keep 4 shifts of F-150 production DTP needs to go to 3-crew.

The cash for clunkers sales increase that Ford has seen means that DTP can run 3 crew for about a month while KCAP is still running 2 shifts (before their move)... That is 5-shifts worth of trucks between 9/21 and 10/19. After 10/19, KCAP goes 3-crew on SUV and one shift on trucks. DTP stays on 3-crew at least into 2010. I have heard the plan is AT LEAST through April and it will be reassessed around December