Long Term Temp. Non Skilled Job Opp. for Skilled on ILO

playball31

Why would a tradesman give up their skilled rights for a temp. unskilled job?

I could understand when some of the laid off trades from Atlanta assy. plant give up their skilled classification to go to an unskilled permenant job. They knew they would have a job even if it was not in a skilled classification. But when your temp. unskilled opening is finished will you only have recall rights to unskilled openings? Those tradesmen from Atlanta that gave up their skilled classification no longer have a right to go to a skilled opening in their trade.

I doubt the union would allow a double standard to exist. After all the union is only strong because they require the company to treat everyone the same.

Why would a tradesman give up their skilled rights for a temp. unskilled job?

I could understand when some of the laid off trades from Atlanta assy. plant give up their skilled classification to go to an unskilled permenant job. They knew they would have a job even if it was not in a skilled classification. But when your temp. unskilled opening is finished will you only have recall rights to unskilled openings? Those tradesmen from Atlanta that gave up their skilled classification no longer have a right to go to a skilled opening in their trade.

I doubt the union would allow a double standard to exist. After all the union is only strong because they require the company to treat everyone the same.

While working as temps we also have the right ti bid on any openings in our trade. :party2:

While working as temps we also have the right ti bid on any openings in our trade. :party2:

Thats great for you guys.

I wonder how all of the non-skilled workers that are on layoff throughout the country feel about not getting the chance to work and they are burning through their benefits? It almost seems like we have two unions. One in Michigan that gets all the attention, and one for the rest of the country. This dosnt bode well for the union when they go to organize Honda, Nissan and all of the other transplants outside of MI. It shows the union is looking out for a certain group, something the union was formed to stop the company from doing!

i've been hearing that many trades from rawsonville did not get called to dearborn for production work, while other lower seniority people from other plants have been told to report monday. what gives????? called union, no responce, go figure!!!!! now what?

Guess Rawsonville thought they were going to have permanent trades openings in some of the trades that were headed off to DTP or AAI so they were held back. (Doesn't make sense to move to a temp production job for a couple weeks & then get recalled back to your home plant & in the meantime, DTP & AAI have to train you & then a replacement in a couple weeks). Anyway, I think it is all sorted out now and Rawsonville trades should be at DTP starting tomorrow.

Thats great for you guys.

I wonder how all of the non-skilled workers that are on layoff throughout the country feel about not getting the chance to work and they are burning through their benefits? It almost seems like we have two unions. One in Michigan that gets all the attention, and one for the rest of the country. This dosnt bode well for the union when they go to organize Honda, Nissan and all of the other transplants outside of MI. It shows the union is looking out for a certain group, something the union was formed to stop the company from doing!

All production in the area that are on layoff have been asked first before any of us have been asked.

Now maybe someone out west wasn't asked because this is only a temp job with no dates attached.

it could last two weeks or two years. would you move for a job like that?