2010 shipping?

Tiommi

This morning on I-55 from bloomington to Chicago today I saw a white 2010 Taurus on a one of those multi new car haulers and then a few miles later a silver one on the road with normal (not dealer or manufacture plates)

Are they shipping?

This morning on I-55 from bloomington to Chicago today I saw a white 2010 Taurus on a one of those multi new car haulers and then a few miles later a silver one on the road with normal (not dealer or manufacture plates)

Are they shipping?

Hi Tiommi. :D Yes. They are shipping, already available for purchase and owners are already driving them in some parts of the country.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi Tiommi. :D Yes. They are shipping, already available for purchase and owners are already driving them in some parts of the country.

Good luck. :beerchug:

I ordered a Cinnamon Limited fully loaded with exception of the adaptive cruise. My order was placed on July 24 and I have yet to even get a date for production or delivery. In lurking around the internet, I have not found anyone who has ordered in July and gotten a date either. Closing the plant from August 7-August 21 does not help.

A dealer in Milwaukee who says they are connected believes I won't get it until late September. :-(

Rick

I ordered a Cinnamon Limited fully loaded with exception of the adaptive cruise. My order was placed on July 24 and I have yet to even get a date for production or delivery. In lurking around the internet, I have not found anyone who has ordered in July and gotten a date either. Closing the plant from August 7-August 21 does not help.

A dealer in Milwaukee who says they are connected believes I won't get it until late September. :-(

Rick

the plant is on a vacation shut down it used to be in july but it was moved to aug. to save money for the company

I saw a 2010 Taurus SEL on the road today, for the first time. It looks nice -- although perhaps a little too much like a BMW 5-series in its back. What I am impressed, though, is that it didn't have the same "plasticky" feel that the 2007-2009 Taurus gave me. I also liked the platinum color that the car had.

(Incidentally, I also saw a new Honda Insight for the first time. It does not look as ugly as it does in the photos, I think, but it looks small and impractical.)

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a Limited in July and my dealer was advised to go to a "special" location for retail orders. As yet there is no build date.

He did change one of his stock orders to match my request and that vehicle was scedhuled for August 3. At present it is showing bunked.

Any ideas on what bunked indicates? Any reason retail orders are taking a different (and apparently longer) route through the system?

FYI, a white limited (no roof) was ordered for stock and built July 20 and received by the dealer August 13. I wanted a roof so that may be part of the delay.