healthcare solutions

fordworker

ok all u GOPers if your so worried about the deficit then wheres the SOLUTIONS.. if medicare is broke then lets just end it jan 1 2010. and medicaid also. let the older people buy there insurance from the private sector like the republicans also say.. and as rush and hannity always say let the poorer people get another job to pay there way also.. there always laughing and slamming the poor ones for getting and wanting free healthcare just listen to rush and u will hear him do it. Go ask any 70 yr old if they like medicare! because without it 99%of older people would not have any insurance, u think a private company would sell a sick 70 yr old with many pre existing conditions a policy?? and if so what would be the cost of such a policy?? 50-60K a year?? think about it before u run your mouths and stop listening to the super rich republicans who want more money...

its all a game to the republicans a money game thats all they care about.

medicare is broke because people live longer now and the private co. are driving up the cost up of the entire system. Fact is that premiums have tripled since 1994. ask yourself how many companies are going to offer insurance 15 yrs from today when the cost triples again! not many..

Republicans talk about wanting healthcare reform every election but never deliver there only solutions are more tax cuts for the super rich people and companies that move jobs offshore..

ok all u GOPers if your so worried about the deficit then wheres the SOLUTIONS.. if medicare is broke then lets just end it jan 1 2010. and medicaid also. let the older people buy there insurance from the private sector like the republicans also say.. and as rush and hannity always say let the poorer people get another job to pay there way also.. there always laughing and slamming the poor ones for getting and wanting free healthcare just listen to rush and u will hear him do it. Go ask any 70 yr old if they like medicare! because without it 99%of older people would not have any insurance, u think a private company would sell a sick 70 yr old with many pre existing conditions a policy?? and if so what would be the cost of such a policy?? 50-60K a year?? think about it before u run your mouths and stop listening to the super rich republicans who want more money...

medicare is broke because people live longer now and the private co. are driving up the cost up of the entire system. Fact is that premiums have tripled since 1994. ask yourself how many companies are going to offer insurance 15 yrs from today when the cost triples again! not many..

Republicans talk about wanting healthcare reform every election but never deliver there only solutions are more tax cuts for the super rich people and companies that move jobs offshore..

Its all about money and power. Comes down to class warfare. Whether you fall on the GOP side for their point of view of God,Guns or Gays...their alleged fiscal straight arrows...hiding themselves in the Flag...states rights...yada yada....the engine that drives it all is power&money which equals control. Really doesnt matter if its union or non... they are not on any labors' side. P.S. And theres nothing wrong with any of the other points above. They all have their own degrees of merit.

maybe it's not governments job to "fix" healthcare, but rather to just get out of the way.

Last thing we need is the same group that gave us failed programs like social security, medicare, USPS, medicaid, fannie, freddie etc. to take over another 20% of the economy.

Health insurance should be more like car insurance. regular maintenance, minor repair isn't covered. people should have choice in their policies (i.e. less company involvement, not more).

VERY WELL SAID!!

maybe it's not governments job to "fix" healthcare, but rather to just get out of the way.

Last thing we need is the same group that gave us failed programs like social security, medicare, USPS, medicaid, fannie, freddie etc. to take over another 20% of the economy.

Health insurance should be more like car insurance. regular maintenance, minor repair isn't covered. people should have choice in their policies (i.e. less company involvement, not more).

GOP talking points :hysterical: explain how the post office has failed us?? tell the 70ish guy with cancer that medicare has failed him because without medicare no insurance company would insure the elderly... you got your nose so far up the right wings ass my friend wake the hell up... if the gop had its way there would be no unions and u would be making $10 an hour working 7 days a week 12 hours a day like it was pre 1940's.... go read some history go see who blocked every PRO labor pro worker bill in congress... go read the jungle now thats true capitalism, which is no accountability no pollution standards no worker rights no regulation on how food is made or packaged and no rights to anyone except the man who runs the company store.....

except that is when the banks fail then like they did in 1930 and last year they beg the govt for help :finger::finger:

The USPS is ALWAYS brought up as a failure when this subject is discussed.....

How on earth is the postal service a failure? It operates on it's own funding, offers very competitive shipping rates, delivers in a timely manner and if you've been to a post office lately, they have been upgraded and offer EXCELLENT customer service and several shipping options, both full and self-service......

I ship a lot of items, and have a lot of things shipped to me... My FIRST choice is ALWAYS the USPS, UPS second and FedEx ONLY if there is NO other option..........

Let's see...........

USPS, least cost, self-funded, great service........ GOVERNMENT AGENCY

UPS, greater cost, though still competitive, great service...........UNIONIZED COMPANY

FedEx, MOST COSTLY, service not so great, I have had several items LOST from them and NEVER saw them............NON-UNION COMPANY......

Hmmmmmm........................

Maybe folks who throw out crap like saying "the USPS is a failure" should be saying "If there's going to be a public option, we should model it on the USPS".

I guess you haven't stayed up on the latest proposal. Obama wants to cut, yes cut, 500 million from medicare to help fund his Obamacare. he reads straignt from Tom Dsacle's book where in the elderly should sneak a way to die and leave the world to the younger crowd, well except for him and our nationally elected officials who will keep the gold plated insurance.

I guess you haven't stayed up on the latest proposal. Obama wants to cut, yes cut, 500 million from medicare to help fund his Obamacare. he reads straignt from Tom Dsacle's book where in the elderly should sneak a way to die and leave the world to the younger crowd, well except for him and our nationally elected officials who will keep the gold plated insurance.

Oh yeah...... The famed, and untrue, "They're throwing grandma under the bus" argument.....

That sprouted, like most things, from a half-truth. The new plan would be EXPANDED to include end-of-life counseling for the families of elderly patients.......

Somehow it was twisted around by the Faux News crowd to include the infamous, and imaginary, "death squads".

Say it with me: "OMFG!!!! THEY"RE GONNA KILL GRAMDMA!!!!!!!!"

..........and BTW, it's spelled "Daschle".........

The USPS is ALWAYS brought up as a failure when this subject is discussed.....

How on earth is the postal service a failure? It operates on it's own funding, offers very competitive shipping rates, delivers in a timely manner and if you've been to a post office lately, they have been upgraded and offer EXCELLENT customer service and several shipping options, both full and self-service......

I ship a lot of items, and have a lot of things shipped to me... My FIRST choice is ALWAYS the USPS, UPS second and FedEx ONLY if there is NO other option..........

Let's see...........

USPS, least cost, self-funded, great service........ GOVERNMENT AGENCY

UPS, greater cost, though still competitive, great service...........UNIONIZED COMPANY

FedEx, MOST COSTLY, service not so great, I have had several items LOST from them and NEVER saw them............NON-UNION COMPANY......

Hmmmmmm........................

Maybe folks who throw out crap like saying "the USPS is a failure" should be saying "If there's going to be a public option, we should model it on the USPS".

the GOP hates the post office for 1 reason ..there union and offer a retirement plan thats y they love Fed Ex... hannity and rush always say its bad and all of the dumbass ditto heads just repeat what they hear there to damn stupid to think for themselves

the GOP hates the post office for 1 reason ..there union and offer a retirement plan thats y they love Fed Ex... hannity and rush always say its bad and all of the dumbass ditto heads just repeat what they hear there to damn stupid to think for themselves

BINGO!!!!!!!

It's always more fun, and interesting, to listen to the outlandish and the inflammatory rather than gathering the plain and simple, though less sensational, facts.

Edited by Indy

Oh yeah...... The famed, and untrue, "They're throwing grandma under the bus" argument.....

That sprouted, like most things, from a half-truth. The new plan would be EXPANDED to include end-of-life counseling for the families of elderly patients.......

Somehow it was twisted around by the Faux News crowd to include the infamous, and imaginary, "death squads".

Say it with me: "OMFG!!!! THEY"RE GONNA KILL GRAMDMA!!!!!!!!"

..........and BTW, it's spelled "Daschle".........

thanks for the correction, that was a guess. Still the point is you or I can't trust anyone in DC. Anytime a politician says I am going to help, be afraid, be very afraid. It's all about the money and it doesn't matter which label is affixed to their name.

BINGO!!!!!!!

It's always more fun, and interesting, to listen to the outlandish and the inflammatory rather than gathering the plain and simple, though less sensational, facts.

I hate to bust your bubble but it was Obama who trashed the USPS last and touted UPS and FEDEX.

thanks for the correction, that was a guess. Still the point is you or I can't trust anyone in DC. Anytime a politician says I am going to help, be afraid, be very afraid. It's all about the money and it doesn't matter which label is affixed to their name.

You are correct, though there are those in Washington I like and even think of as good and decent individuals, I trust none 100%.

Some have their hearts in the right place and are truly trying to help the best way they know how, some don't.

I wouldn't go as far as to say I would be afraid though, but I will stay informed and involved. This IS our government as much as some would like to say that it isn't. No, we can't walk into the White House and start making demands, that's what our representatives are for.

Apathy has put us in this situation, fear from fringe groups (on BOTH sides of the spectrum) have perpetuated it. We have voices, lines of communication, and a representative who is supposed to do our will. If they don't, they should lose their office! When only 35% of registered voters turn out in a presidential election year, that's when I am afraid. Because then, we HAVE given up our power............

I hate to bust your bubble but it was Obama who trashed the USPS last and touted UPS and FEDEX.

I don't really care who trashed it, even if he did, I hadn't heard that one... Mitt Romney was the last one I read a quote from. Doesn't matter, it's still untrue.......

I haven't lost any bills in the mail, had my car repossessed or lost my house because my loan payment didn't make it, had the power, heat, phone, or cable TV turned off, I've received everything that I've ever bought on eBay that they handled. Hell, I've even got all of my junk mail.......

All of these are handled by the U.S. Postal Service.......

There is some major misinformation. No other company does what USPS does. To deliver mail 6 days a week to virtually every address in the U.S. is something the others cant touch. The USPS has to adjust their budgets yrly. Not enough revenue? Cuts and/or postage increases. Mail service is federally mandated and as such they are in with others like air traffic controllers....they have unions but they dont have the legal right to strike.

I dont want a single payer(federal govt) system but at the same time what has been going on unabated is not working. I talked about insuring those under 18 to a couple people I work with and they said the poor already get treatment via ER's and that can continue. Thats mindblowing to me. To be OK with that makes me shake my head, I was stunned enough that I just walked away w/o arguing. Besides the fact not all uninsured children are in indigent families, it shows to me that some people just dont give it enough thought. It kind of goes to your Obama trashed the USPS so it must be true statement. Instead of giving true, reasonable , opposite points , you essentially drop to a diversionary, rhetorical, sensation drawing respnse. Americans dont want to seek answers....they just want to be the one who is right.

There is some major misinformation. No other company does what USPS does. To deliver mail 6 days a week to virtually every address in the U.S. is something the others cant touch. The USPS has to adjust their budgets yrly. Not enough revenue? Cuts and/or postage increases. Mail service is federally mandated and as such they are in with others like air traffic controllers....they have unions but they dont have the legal right to strike.

I dont want a single payer(federal govt) system but at the same time what has been going on unabated is not working. I talked about insuring those under 18 to a couple people I work with and they said the poor already get treatment via ER's and that can continue. Thats mindblowing to me. To be OK with that makes me shake my head, I was stunned enough that I just walked away w/o arguing. Besides the fact not all uninsured children are in indigent families, it shows to me that some people just dont give it enough thought. It kind of goes to your Obama trashed the USPS so it must be true statement. Instead of giving true, reasonable , opposite points , you essentially drop to a diversionary, rhetorical, sensation drawing respnse. Americans dont want to seek answers....they just want to be the one who is right.

USPS, an example of a well intentioned program...that doesnt work.

http://www.keci.com/Postal-Service-Faces-a...Deficit/4986094

Intentions won't cover a 4 billion dollar hole.

I don't really care who trashed it, even if he did, I hadn't heard that one... Mitt Romney was the last one I read a quote from. Doesn't matter, it's still untrue.......

I haven't lost any bills in the mail, had my car repossessed or lost my house because my loan payment didn't make it, had the power, heat, phone, or cable TV turned off, I've received everything that I've ever bought on eBay that they handled. Hell, I've even got all of my junk mail.......

It's nice to see that the pressure is off of auto workers, but who would target the post office. I suppose with the GOP's hatred for unions they are going to support the dismantlement of the USPS now. Sorry man, but even though it has not been publicized they have already taken cuts My girlfriends stepfather is a postal worker, and they are threatening to end sat deliveries. If this happens 100.000 postal workers are going to hit the streets.

The problem is what E-mail and electronic communications doing to first class mail. Even this forum, and others like it are affecting business that otherwise would have been handled throw the mail, or maybe not at all. Much junk mail advertisements have turned to cyber advertisements. Our electronic advances have cost allot of jobs, and reduced allot of industries. It is at this point for me a necessary evil. I do however refuse to except bills through E-Mail because I know that there is a postal worker that depends on his job. It is not that the post office is inefficient at all, people are just electing to change the way they handle their bills because there are some more efficient methods. As the techy genration grows up this problem will lament for the USPS.

The GOP is pissed over the 6 year provisions in the postal workers contract, they are threatening to take it away. They have also been offering early buyout incentives to their workers for voluntary separations. They wanted 140.000 postal workers gone as of Jan. 09' but only 4,000 took the buyout offer. It appears as though they are going to be attacked in their 2011 contract negotiation. The USPS negotiates every 5 years, and they will be negotiating the same year the UAW does for their next contract term.

I suppose our servicemen won't be offered jobs at the USPS when they get home.

Also the GOP is using the media in the same way they did against us to destroy public support for the postal union.

Edited by Furious1Auto

I too have no complaint with the USPS, and yes Obama said it at one of his orchestrated town hall meetings. It back fired though. Government ran anything has been a bust is what the public heard. the USPS is a government organization but they are supposed to be self sustaining.

I too have used the USPS almost exclusively over the years for private and busineess use to ship materials, in that time I have had only one or two complaints that couldn't be remedied.

I too have no complaint with the USPS, and yes Obama said it at one of his orchestrated town hall meetings. It back fired though. Government ran anything has been a bust is what the public heard. the USPS is a government organization but they are supposed to be self sustaining.

I too have used the USPS almost exclusively over the years for private and busineess use to ship materials, in that time I have had only one or two complaints that couldn't be remedied.

There were 2 unfair restrictions placed on the USPS under the last administration. If not for these restrictions they would have turned a 3B profit in 2008, however because of them they reported a 4B loss.

There were 2 unfair restrictions placed on the USPS under the last administration. If not for these restrictions they would have turned a 3B profit in 2008, however because of them they reported a 4B loss.

Ok now you got me. What restrictions? Somthing I apparantly missed.

Ok now you got me. What restrictions? Somthing I apparantly missed.

All this stuff flies under the radar, the news has a way of selective reporting. The only reason I know it is because of my girls step dad. There was legislation that was passed in 06' that would allow the USPS to be allowed to show a profit, prior to that legislation they were not allowed.

I don't have the article numbers on hand, but Matt quoted me the Bill number when he told me what it said.

In that same piece of legislation it mandated that the USPS fund their pension fund at 51% which is more then any other business, or government entity. In addition they mandated that the USPS pick up the tab for military pensions. Meaning instead of the government paying the military pensions for their servicemen directly, they saddled the postal service with these legacy costs for vets they have hired.

That would be the equivalent of Ford in the future forcing an ACH to pay the pensions of loaned employees if they retired there. And you know that the postal service is flooded with vets, they give them preferential hiring, and credit their service time to calculate eligibility for vacation weeks.

A first year postal worker gets 2 weeks vacation, but a new hire vet gets an additional week just as a curtsy for his service to our country.

I'm not saying that I think they shouldn't, however I am saying that with the preferential hiring, and added benefits for vets allot of vets work at the post office. That being said, there is allot of legacy costs dropped on their balance sheets with this one piece of legislation.

Edited by Furious1Auto

All this stuff flies under the radar, the news has a way of selective reporting. The only reason I know it is because of my girls step dad. There was legislation that was passed in 06' that would allow the USPS to be allowed to show a profit, prior to that legislation they were not allowed.

I don't have the article numbers on hand, but Matt quoted me the Bill number when he told me what it said.

so what you are saying is more government meddling has cost them so much more. That is why I don't want the government involved in the health care industry.

their motive might be well intended but for reasons beyond my comprehension it usually turns to shit after the gov gets involved.

Thanks I have not heard even a mention of this piece of legislation any where.

... hannity and rush always say its bad and all of the dumbass ditto heads just repeat what they hear there to damn stupid to think for themselves

I despise Hannity, beck, rush and even o'riely more and more. Sheppard Smith is the only news worthy item on Fox. The rest is simply right-wing misinformation and propaganda!