MSRP

FLLMTR

My local dealership has several Mustang GT Convertibles on the lot. While they are gorgous cars, they cost nearly 4 grand more than I paid for my last brand new Mustang Cobra Convertible. And the Cobra had a supercharger, six speed manual, and an IRS.

The 2010 Mustang GT Conv seems to have become one of Ford's most expensive cars on the lot. It is a real bummer.

Yes, its seems a bit high when a GT Vert Prem will sticker around $37Kish.

Keep in mind the S-197 is a WAYYYYYYYYYY better chassis than the worn Fox chassis...

So get an X-Plan here and offer them X-Plan minus $2500.

EZ :hyper:

I am simply going to have to wait until next spring. The dealers here won't budge on the price. There are too few cars and they are willing to wait until the end of summer before they will even entertain the idea of invoice pricing.

I got our 09 for about 4k LESS than I paid for my IDENTICAL 06...last winter was a heck of a good time to get a deal on a new mustang- because of the cost and the look of the 10, bought a spare to squirrel away...if the 06 lasts another 5-10-20 years, what will a V8-RWD-Stickshift Mustang GT cost then? will there even be such a animal?

I think its 1971 again, better hurry before all thats out there is pintos of a different name. picture the new ecoboost V4 hybrid AWD 2020 Mustang GT, affordably priced in the mid 50's...dont think its impossible- I predict this will be very close to whats going to be- everything seems pointed that way or worse.

even if faster, more economical, I'm fairly certain it wont be my cup of tea- certain enough I got a car payment for a few years, and Ford sold me a car I dont need, a car that only gets seen every couple weeks, moved around to keep steering and stuff lubed up, and tires from flatspotting- I dont 'miss it' though as its the same exact car I drive all summer long, just extended the same old payment a few more years.

with the government printing trillions of pretend dollars, inflation HAS to occur- think about it...with MPG/emissions trying to save the world only within our borders, how long will the V8 survive- think about it. With the last other American Ford RWD cars disappearing with the panthers, how long till the Mustang gets shoved towards a common fwd/awd chassis- scary thoughts huh? I say dont wait too long- if you like the 2010, as soon as the 2011 w/5 litre appears, snap up a deal on a leftover/end of model year rebated 2010, in any event, dont wait for MSRP to ever drop- IMO it aint EVER gonna happen. If Ford is smart about it, they'll bring the 5.0 in slowly midyear on the 2010 rather than face a backlog of 4.6's to dump at the start of 2011, plus dealers could have all kinds of fun ADM-ing the heck out of the limited 5.0s to get that crap overwith sooner rather than later- plus the sooner a Mustang whoops on a SS Camaro the better.

Edited by ford4v429

My local dealership has several Mustang GT Convertibles on the lot. While they are gorgous cars, they cost nearly 4 grand more than I paid for my last brand new Mustang Cobra Convertible. And the Cobra had a supercharger, six speed manual, and an IRS.

The 2010 Mustang GT Conv seems to have become one of Ford's most expensive cars on the lot. It is a real bummer.

I have to agree. Just for fun, I priced up a GT convertible to (in my dreams) replace my current GT convertible.

It came out over $42,000!!! That's about $10K more than I paid last time. :cry:

I really don't want to get into a "its worth every penny" debate, but sorry, once a car breaks the $40K barrier, a lot of other vehicles start to become choices.

If Ford is smart about it, they'll bring the 5.0 in slowly midyear on the 2010 rather than face a backlog of 4.6's to dump at the start of 2011, plus dealers could have all kinds of fun ADM-ing the heck out of the limited 5.0s to get that crap overwith sooner rather than later- plus the sooner a Mustang whoops on a SS Camaro the better.

Does anyone else remember the 1995 Cobra's which were left hanging around dealer's lots for over a year (there were still one or two come the 1997 MY), when the 1996 Cobra came out with a LOT more HP from the new 4.6l 32v?

I am simply going to have to wait until next spring. The dealers here won't budge on the price. There are too few cars and they are willing to wait until the end of summer before they will even entertain the idea of invoice pricing.

That strange i ordered one 6/19 and i paid 200 over invoice. car arrived 8/25. plus there was 1k on delivery.

Pricing has become absurd imo. You cant tell me that they cant price all vehicles the same or atleast similar in priceas the next. What I mean by this is not comparing a Expidition to a Focus but a base stang to a GT500 an I know its a bigger motor and other upgrades but wait a minute 40k worth of upgrades. :finger: I do however believe the diff between a stang and focus base price should be closer than 6k. sorry to rant