Overtime at NAP

Sad part is I know alot of people including myself who say the samething in Kansas City. Most felt that going the extra mile would pay off. Now they feel like is doesn't matter after watching so many get shit on that did care. I sure miss the "Good Old Boys" that used to run this company and these plants.

The "Good Ole Boys" that ran the unions and the company were the ones that built them both and had an attachment to them more then just making a buck. The ones there now grew up with an entitlement mentality and feel no attachment to either. Everything was provided for them, they did not have to struggle or fight to get where they are. Company management feel only the attachment to their rich friends who are the investors and our union is no different. Once they get up there they look out for themselves and their cronies.

Our government is as much to blame as they are for allowing changes in pension laws and creating an enviroment that rewards companies for shipping jobs off shore and giving companies, entering the US market tax incentives to build here which tipped the scales creating an uneven playing field for us with our competition.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Good Ole Boys" that ran the unions and the company were the ones that built them both and had an attachment to them more then just making a buck. The ones there now grew up with an entitlement mentality and feel no attachment to either. Everything was provided for them, they did not have to struggle or fight to get where they are. Company management feel only the attachment to their rich friends who are the investors and our union is no different. Once they get up there they look out for themselves and their cronies.

Our government is as much to blame as they are for allowing changes in pension laws and creating an enviroment that rewards companies for shipping jobs off shore and giving companies, entering the US market tax incentives to build here which tipped the scales creating an uneven playing field for us with our competition.

TAX INCENTIVES: INTEL which is an American company has 7 plants in Israel including a newly opened facility. Israeli's receive comparable pay to us have better medical and retirement benefits. Do not forget EPA type requirements and an agency similar to OSHA, so the playing field is quite even. Why then you may ask? Israel gave INTEL a NO TAX clause for the first 2 years of operation and then a flat rate of 10%. Easy to see why they moved, not labor costs thats for sure.

Heard a rumor up here from a reliable source that they are launching the new FX series at NAP, and then when closing NAP, they will make it a transfer of operations and move people over to whoever gets it. Helps them cut out GEN people. Anyone else hearing this?

Also heard from a Salaried guy coming from SLAP that when they transfer people after buyouts to other plants, after a few months they will layoff the extras they are carrying now, then the local lower seniority will be forced out.

Someone write me a check quick! :titanic:

Heard a rumor up here from a reliable source that they are launching the new FX series at NAP, and then when closing NAP, they will make it a transfer of operations and move people over to whoever gets it. Helps them cut out GEN people. Anyone else hearing this?

Also heard from a Salaried guy coming from SLAP that when they transfer people after buyouts to other plants, after a few months they will layoff the extras they are carrying now, then the local lower seniority will be forced out.

Someone write me a check quick! :titanic:

Transfer of operations? That only happens when the product is not built at any other plant. Likely is that most of you will transfer to the closest plant to NAP. Sure some will have options to go farther but that all depends how they handle the layoffs. If they hold on to all the employees then the higher people have the upper hand, but if they do a reduction in force than the lower get placed first.

You know I remember our plant manager saying something like what they are wanting is to have the customer not be able to tell what plant the f-150's are built at. Now I see a sign going up inside DTP that says BUILT ROUGE TOUGH. Wow sounds like they are starting to distinguish the 2 now.

Transfer of operations? That only happens when the product is not built at any other plant. Likely is that most of you will transfer to the closest plant to NAP. Sure some will have options to go farther but that all depends how they handle the layoffs. If they hold on to all the employees then the higher people have the upper hand, but if they do a reduction in force than the lower get placed first.

You know I remember our plant manager saying something like what they are wanting is to have the customer not be able to tell what plant the f-150's are built at. Now I see a sign going up inside DTP that says BUILT ROUGE TOUGH. Wow sounds like they are starting to distinguish the 2 now.

[/quote

When the Escape left OHAP and went exclusively to KCAP, who was already the primary plant on that vehicle, the folks that went with it went under a transfer of operations. I think they call it what they want, when they want. The only way that people are going to get transfers to other plants making diffrent products than the plant they originated from is through the Gen process as openings become available. My fear is that there will be a lot of people in Gen banks throughout North America when negotiations come. I think there is little doubt that those with little seniority will no longer be Ford workers after the next contract. There is no way they are going to get enough buyouts to create openings for all of these affected people, unfortunately.

the best way to tell them apart ...just look at the quality numbers...warranty....GQRS......when NAP closes Ford will lose any quality edge that it has in light trucks....quality is more than some catchy phrase on some sign hung in the entrance....it's in the hearts and minds of dedicated people...like most of the people in NAP.. you're going to miss us when we're gone

the best way to tell them apart ...just look at the quality numbers...warranty....GQRS......when NAP closes Ford will lose any quality edge that it has in light trucks....quality is more than some catchy phrase on some sign hung in the entrance....it's in the hearts and minds of dedicated people...like most of the people in NAP.. you're going to miss us when we're gone

Honestly do you really believe that what you build versus us, can be compared? Not.... Reason why is when you build mainly work trucks for fleets and the other builds the high end version you cannot compare it. Lots of parts on the ones we build that you guys build limited versions of the high end. Like it or not fleets are commonly overlooked for defects since they are used in such manner.

All this time they told us you guys were better but hey I have been at 4 plants and they always pull that crap but the only thing here is whether they have you believe it or not. I for one can gauge a bad day from a good one since I see everything in the system and can tell what is wrong.

Now this is not a bashing match but in all honesty I think a plant 2 years old has done very well since most plants cannot even run correctly for an entire shift. Yes we have our problems but anyone with a brain would understand that when you put a new product into full production you will have problems, but in DTP's case 3 new launches within a years time and inside of a new factory with new systems being tweaked on a daily basis to streamline production to 92% and still run correctly at that rate all day. Now understand something also when the line does go down the number drops to around 89% but is back to 92% shortly after as long as nothing more happens.

Tell you right now you get an honest gauge if you dyno... Ask them and they will tell you if they can tell if they will have a bad day or not.

Trust me the quality edge will not be lost and I cannot say I would miss you because I don't know you but just get transfered to another plant. See and signup, just sign the damn thing.

Do you know MTP is getting ready to run 8 foot bed F-150s? Guess they will be an overflow plant but it makes sense since the newer expy and nav (extended) are similar as far as the underside goes.

Honestly do you really believe that what you build versus us, can be compared? Not.... Reason why is when you build mainly work trucks for fleets and the other builds the high end version you cannot compare it. Lots of parts on the ones we build that you guys build limited versions of the high end. Like it or not fleets are commonly overlooked for defects since they are used in such manner.

All this time they told us you guys were better but hey I have been at 4 plants and they always pull that crap but the only thing here is whether they have you believe it or not. I for one can gauge a bad day from a good one since I see everything in the system and can tell what is wrong.

Now this is not a bashing match but in all honesty I think a plant 2 years old has done very well since most plants cannot even run correctly for an entire shift. Yes we have our problems but anyone with a brain would understand that when you put a new product into full production you will have problems, but in DTP's case 3 new launches within a years time and inside of a new factory with new systems being tweaked on a daily basis to streamline production to 92% and still run correctly at that rate all day. Now understand something also when the line does go down the number drops to around 89% but is back to 92% shortly after as long as nothing more happens.

Tell you right now you get an honest gauge if you dyno... Ask them and they will tell you if they can tell if they will have a bad day or not.

Trust me the quality edge will not be lost and I cannot say I would miss you because I don't know you but just get transfered to another plant. See and signup, just sign the damn thing.

Do you know MTP is getting ready to run 8 foot bed F-150s? Guess they will be an overflow plant but it makes sense since the newer expy and nav (extended) are similar as far as the underside goes.

TRANSFER!!!!!!!! after all the plants presently closing do you honestly think there will be any positions left in 2008? Wake up! As far as the low end trucks and fleet vehicles excuse that is always used my answer is "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE"? pride is pride and quality is quality no matter the product. I guess all fleet vehicles get Satelite radio and moonroofs! wow FX4 fleet vehicles. As for your 2 year old plant doing a good job comment.......NAP's brand new body shop ran full speed when the P221 launched and if I remember correctly it was the most successful launch Ford has had.

Face the facts the bottom line is we are not the "GOLDEN CHILD" if the higher up's just had the balls to say that instead of feeding us a bunch of BS.

TRANSFER!!!!!!!! after all the plants presently closing do you honestly think there will be any positions left in 2008? Wake up! As far as the low end trucks and fleet vehicles excuse that is always used my answer is "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE"? pride is pride and quality is quality no matter the product. I guess all fleet vehicles get Satelite radio and moonroofs! wow FX4 fleet vehicles. As for your 2 year old plant doing a good job comment.......NAP's brand new body shop ran full speed when the P221 launched and if I remember correctly it was the most successful launch Ford has had.

Face the facts the bottom line is we are not the "GOLDEN CHILD" if the higher up's just had the balls to say that instead of feeding us a bunch of BS.

Well that's the problem every body seems to keep missing here, the BS that the folks up North throw around. You mention that your launch was the best ever. Well, guess what, they told us that same thing, a few times. I think they tell everybody that when they launch. Somebody's got to be lying cause they can't all be the best. I have read on here many a post of folks who claim they were told there vehicle was the best in all of Ford for quality, and again, we were told that with all of our vehicles both past and present at one time or another. Once more, we can't all be the best, can we? Bottom line, they tell everybody, at every facility how great they're doing, whether it's true or not. My guess, if your plant is one that is closing, it probably was not performing as great as what you were being told, or it wouldn't be closing. It's a bullshit way of trying to pacify people with lies, but I think it's obvious to a certain extent that this is what they do. The plants that are closing are meeting this fate due to their inability to meet the overall performance criteria set forth by the Directors. If they were money makers, they would not be closing. They should be more honest with the people about these things, both the company and the union, but don't hold your breath.

Well that's the problem every body seems to keep missing here, the BS that the folks up North throw around. You mention that your launch was the best ever. Well, guess what, they told us that same thing, a few times. I think they tell everybody that when they launch. Somebody's got to be lying cause they can't all be the best. I have read on here many a post of folks who claim they were told there vehicle was the best in all of Ford for quality, and again, we were told that with all of our vehicles both past and present at one time or another. Once more, we can't all be the best, can we? Bottom line, they tell everybody, at every facility how great they're doing, whether it's true or not. My guess, if your plant is one that is closing, it probably was not performing as great as what you were being told, or it wouldn't be closing. It's a bullshit way of trying to pacify people with lies, but I think it's obvious to a certain extent that this is what they do. The plants that are closing are meeting this fate due to their inability to meet the overall performance criteria set forth by the Directors. If they were money makers, they would not be closing. They should be more honest with the people about these things, both the company and the union, but don't hold your breath.

Wow I totally agree.... I heard the same crap at any of the 4 plants I worked at too. They just do that to make each plant be competitive against others, which is sad because you give false hope. But you are right because they would not close down a plant that was making money.

People have to understand that if you live in that bubble and believe everything they are told, one day your gonna be pissed. You have to look at everything and have backups. This industry has always been unstable at times in history and it will always be.

Like I said most of you would get placed but it depends on when and how.

Hey look you gotta be the last person to make any comment on quality since you supposedly bought a new harley with all of these fit, paint problems and then had to get it fixed at NAP (which I think is b.s.).

For one they would not have fixed your truck at that plant because what makes yours so special a dealer could not take care of? I would guess if it only needed that same part NAP supplies but in your case that truck has parts on it that only DTP has and it would cost a crap load of money to ship them to NAP and then bring your truck in and repair it. Honestly now you don't really think anyone bought that did you. Regular customers would not have taken a vehcile with what you said happend to you and here you talk about quality.

Everything does not revolve around quality there are other factors. Trying to bash another plant is not cool and maybe you feel you need to but in the end it will not matter.

Anyone that has a pride aspect to a vehicle line would look deeper into a purchase. You see things you have noticed on the floor while working and that adds to your ideal of a perfect vehicle.

Hey look you gotta be the last person to make any comment on quality since you supposedly bought a new harley with all of these fit, paint problems and then had to get it fixed at NAP (which I think is b.s.).

For one they would not have fixed your truck at that plant because what makes yours so special a dealer could not take care of? I would guess if it only needed that same part NAP supplies but in your case that truck has parts on it that only DTP has and it would cost a crap load of money to ship them to NAP and then bring your truck in and repair it. Honestly now you don't really think anyone bought that did you. Regular customers would not have taken a vehcile with what you said happend to you and here you talk about quality.

Everything does not revolve around quality there are other factors. Trying to bash another plant is not cool and maybe you feel you need to but in the end it will not matter.

Anyone that has a pride aspect to a vehicle line would look deeper into a purchase. You see things you have noticed on the floor while working and that adds to your ideal of a perfect vehicle.

Why in the hell did you have to that can of worms again :hysterical:

Everything does not revolve around quality there are other factors.

That is a disturbing statement. Maybe it explains the difference between plants.

Claiming that Norfolk builds mostly work trucks is a compliment. These trucks are subjected to the hardest conditions possable and NAP still has the fewest warranty claims. Personally I always thought the Harley, Lariat, King Ranch fluff trucks were posers while the XL and XLTs are the ones getting the tough jobs done.

For one they would not have fixed your truck at that plant because what makes yours so special a dealer could not take care of?

They did fix his truck in the plant. I saw it in the repair shop in paint. I'll let you know why they fixed it in plant. If you think he whines on here you should see him in person.

That is a disturbing statement. Maybe it explains the difference between plants.

Claiming that Norfolk builds mostly work trucks is a compliment. These trucks are subjected to the hardest conditions possable and NAP still has the fewest warranty claims. Personally I always thought the Harley, Lariat, King Ranch fluff trucks were posers while the XL and XLTs are the ones getting the tough jobs done.

Why do you think that is a disturbing statement? It is true because there are all sorts of things that make that happen.

Just to let you know fleet warranty claims are less because they are not reported as often due to the abuse they receive and is harder to claim under warranty.

Look and understand something ok I have not bashed NAP for b.s. and I get alittle funny when I see someone talking crap about DTP. Or as Unionj says (golden child) that crap is what I am talking about and I could make all sorts of comments on how bad NAP must be because they had to build another plant to build what they used to but I don't. Well just now but just an example. That is the difference.

Why don't someone tell me why they stopped building the highend trucks at NAP. You guys only build limited number now.

Your right about the posers though but they can do the same as the xl, xlt trucks just some choose not to. That is what the highend customer wants.

I am not going to re open the HD F150 issue as it has been resolved thanks to the QA Dept at the Golden Child and the Body area Manager at NAP, thanks to all.

Just face the fact that the reason for the closure has nothing to do with anything other than the "GOLDEN CHILD" thats it no more no less.

They did fix his truck in the plant. I saw it in the repair shop in paint. I'll let you know why they fixed it in plant. If you think he whines on here you should see him in person.

OUCH!

Why do you think that is a disturbing statement? It is true because there are all sorts of things that make that happen.

Just to let you know fleet warranty claims are less because they are not reported as often due to the abuse they receive and is harder to claim under warranty.

Look and understand something ok I have not bashed NAP for b.s. and I get alittle funny when I see someone talking crap about DTP. Or as Unionj says (golden child) that crap is what I am talking about and I could make all sorts of comments on how bad NAP must be because they had to build another plant to build what they used to but I don't. Well just now but just an example. That is the difference.

Why don't someone tell me why they stopped building the highend trucks at NAP. You guys only build limited number now.

Your right about the posers though but they can do the same as the xl, xlt trucks just some choose not to. That is what the highend customer wants.

GOLDEN CHILD! GOLDEN CHILD! GOLDEN CHILD! Shit be happy you work there!

let's be very clear here .....dtp was built because the international union demanded it in the 99 contract to preserve the legacy of local 600...nothing more than that,,,,,,it sure wasn't for your quality record.....you guys built the old Mustang...one of the worse quality vehicles in our modern history....NAP has not always built the lower end trucks...why do you think it has been the lead plant for the last 2 majors launches of the f-series?...because we do it right...the P221 and the PN 96 before that are reconized as landmark launches for Ford Motor Co.....laucnhed on time and at a higher quality level that the previous model....the company obviously does not think that quality is important as it once was.....spending $2B for that plant...with a $30M grass roof...and then shut down it's #1 plant for $300 a unit...on the last day when we walk out we can hold our heads high knowing that we built the best...and sad that the company has chosen plants like dtp to carry it into the future.....

let's be very clear here .....dtp was built because the international union demanded it in the 99 contract to preserve the legacy of local 600...nothing more than that,,,,,,it sure wasn't for your quality record.....you guys built the old Mustang...one of the worse quality vehicles in our modern history....NAP has not always built the lower end trucks...why do you think it has been the lead plant for the last 2 majors launches of the f-series?...because we do it right...the P221 and the PN 96 before that are reconized as landmark launches for Ford Motor Co.....laucnhed on time and at a higher quality level that the previous model....the company obviously does not think that quality is important as it once was.....spending $2B for that plant...with a $30M grass roof...and then shut down it's #1 plant for $300 a unit...on the last day when we walk out we can hold our heads high knowing that we built the best...and sad that the company has chosen plants like dtp to carry it into the future.....

You guys say you had the lead launch... Humm forgive me but check records because all 3 of us launched the same day when the 06 job1 started up. Oh and your wrong about why they built it. Easy to try and keep stabbing a plant when you really have no clue since your object is to make someone look bad to save your owe tail. Thing is DTP is not full of DAP people so you might want to make note of that. Most of them went with the stang when they launched it at AAI. We have people from several different plants and I know it is more than 5 different plants but not sure the exact amount. You guys have friends of mine that came to that plant when they reduced force at wixom so if you think I dislike you guys you could not be more wrong. Truth is I was hoping the mustang would have come back to the rouge but that seems unlikely now that they slated you guys to close which I was hoping they would not. I got lucky several times to not get transfered out of zone but as I mentioned earlier some of my friends were not. Dude I still got people that I talk to at wixom and they are in the same boat as you guys. Not knowing scares the shit out of them but just understand if you have to move it is better for your family in the end. Not too many jobs pay what we make and at least you and I can agree on that statement. Just do me a favor if someone bashes you guys feel free to counter attack, but if information is exchanged than keep it out of the personal realm. Chances are they are gonna open up buyouts companywide since GM will have a cost advantage sooner than later.

That is gonna free up spots so guys that want to work will be able to and be nice because who the hell knows where your gonna end up. The way the contract is you will end up close to where you are but they will have postings so watch labor. Only thing is if you have more time than the leveling date of 84 you have to take that plant date but if you get forced into another plant you retain your full time.

One last thing if they lay a shift off like they most likely will before they close NAP down, once a opening happens and they call you just don't turn it down if you are serious about staying with ford. If you turn it down you could not get called again as the list will be long and higher people have preference at that point. Turning down the transfer in hopes for a better spot is not wise because you will be dropped to the lower level of the list.

I for one would like to see some of you guys come here so keep that in mind. Something is supposed to start after shutdown... Watch and see

Thing is DTP is not full of DAP people so you might want to make note of that. Most of them went with the stang when they launched it at AAI. We have people from several different plants and I know it is more than 5 different plants but not sure the exact amount.

Last I heard it was about a dozen plants with the highest number coming from Wixom and Edison. Then there are the 5 or 6 parts/stamping plants. Some of those people were a trip when they came in. They had no idea what life was like in DTP (or DAP). my 2 favorite questions asked were "when do the truck's stop coming down the line?" and "even though we are scheduled 10 and we work 8, we still get paid 10 right?"

:doh: All I could do was smile and say welcome tp DTP.

Last I heard it was about a dozen plants with the highest number coming from Wixom and Edison. Then there are the 5 or 6 parts/stamping plants. Some of those people were a trip when they came in. They had no idea what life was like in DTP (or DAP). my 2 favorite questions asked were "when do the truck's stop coming down the line?" and "even though we are scheduled 10 and we work 8, we still get paid 10 right?"

I had to laugh at that.... its amazing how many people dont get the relationship between production and what ends up in their pockets every Friday !

DTPM.You need to quit trolling these forums looking for NAP workers to pick a fight with. Your plant will be there for a long time,be happy about that. If you honestly believe that your plant is equal to NAP for whatever reason,then be happy about that also.But you continue to pop up in in almost every thread about NAP and all related issues. You do nothing more than show whats seems to be an inferiority complex. If you think NAP workers are crazy,then you should think hard about trying to battle every single statement that comes out of their mouths. This thread was also about overtime at NAP . Not about Dearborn people.

Yeah I know that was some funny shit Derek. Most of the people that asked that was fron Livonia and Chesterfield but it is cool. They adapted and that is all that matters.

DTPM.You need to quit trolling these forums looking for NAP workers to pick a fight with. Your plant will be there for a long time,be happy about that. If you honestly believe that your plant is equal to NAP for whatever reason,then be happy about that also.But you continue to pop up in in almost every thread about NAP and all related issues. You do nothing more than show whats seems to be an inferiority complex. If you think NAP workers are crazy,then you should think hard about trying to battle every single statement that comes out of their mouths. This thread was also about overtime at NAP . Not about Dearborn people.

If you had bothered to read what I post then you would see I replied to comments about DTP when someone decides to attack it. You really need to read more bud and for one I don't think anyone is crazy, just out of sync with reality.

One thing is for sure overtime is out of the window for now but I don't need to tell you guys that huh? After all this is what the thread was about until the bashing started.