Gettelfinger says "We got a good deal for workers"

Funny, when something like this starts up again, you show up again Len and start posting. I know, you have a brother, blah, blah, who worked at the Rouge, blah, blah.... your not an employee Len. Stop posting.

Hey Len why did you send me a personal message that just says "no"?? No what, no your not going to stop posting, or no, your not an employee?? Oh wait, I already know the answer to that. Your claims to be so "pro union" and "pro hourly" (yes, I also saved that personal message) are anything but. You are always talking about how many people are out there that hate the union--- I beleive your one of them.

Hey Len why did you send me a personal message that just says "no"?? No what, no your not going to stop posting, or no, your not an employee?? Oh wait, I already know the answer to that. Your claims to be so "pro union" and "pro hourly" (yes, I also saved that personal message) are anything but. You are always talking about how many people are out there that hate the union--- I beleive your one of them.

No, I'm not one of them - sorry to disappoint. And you aren't the be-all-and-end-all around here either. Save what you want, do what you want.

It has been stated by the captain who appears to be in "the know" and appears to be a rep, that some changes are coming to retiree health care.

He doesn't have specifics but I assure you any more change for retiree benefits is one too many.

It is my belief there is collusion between Ford and Int UAW and that on behalf of the IUAW Ford is making these changes BEFORE the contract so we can not strike to get back what they are taking.

Am I insane?

The entry level cap will be lifted and Twin Cities will hire Entry Level employees while current FORD workers are on layoff.........

Watch Twin Cities get a new product and it will be built with 2nd tier wage employees!

THANKS UAW!!!!!

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT...I COULD TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT PRODUCT THAT TWIN CITIES WILL LIKELY GET,BUT I CAN'T TODAY....QUIT LETTING THESE UAW LEADERSHIP ASSWIPES DRAG YOU GUYS DOWN....HOLD THE LINE,TELL THEM 'NO MORE CONCESSIONS'.....STRIKE IN 2011 IF NECESSARY TO GET EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE JOBS BACK.

:banghead: Unless a whole plant (I mean 100%) votes no, the message will be lost. . . . Two plants or more would be even better. . . It would get the national attention that is needed to make a clear statement. . . Here at the DTP, there are so many fence sitters that $1000 is all they need. . . There are not enough people that can stay strong and Ford knows this. . . I'm just assuming that if we reject this, they would go back to the table and work up something else . . . These young people here have no idea what it is to be strong for the Union. . . I've seen plenty of posts on Blue Oval that some do know about Union history and the strength needed to preserve the Union and protect themselves and their families, but they are so spread out that there strength becomes weak. . . If any disagree with me, give it to me good. I'll remain silent from this point on if you can show me different.

Everyone on here can argue til the cows come home on what this language means or what it doesn't.

Bottom line is only 1 opinion counts. That of the ARBITRATOR. Since I have no way of knowing for sure what that opinion may be. I will choose to protect myself and retain my right to strike. AND VOTE NO.

:banghead: Unless a whole plant (I mean 100%) votes no, the message will be lost. . . . Two plants or more would be even better. . . It would get the national attention that is needed to make a clear statement. . . Here at the DTP, there are so many fence sitters that $1000 is all they need. . . There are not enough people that can stay strong and Ford knows this. . . I'm just assuming that if we reject this, they would go back to the table and work up something else . . . These young people here have no idea what it is to be strong for the Union. . . I've seen plenty of posts on Blue Oval that some do know about Union history and the strength needed to preserve the Union and protect themselves and their families, but they are so spread out that there strength becomes weak. . . If any disagree with me, give it to me good. I'll remain silent from this point on if you can show me different.

The saddest part about anyone who thinks that $1000 dollars is a good reason for taking this forgets that in a little over a month they would have been getting $600 of that for a Christmas bonus, which by the way was orginally a $500 perfect attendance bonus which failed and GM bargained to change it to the Christmas bonus. So in otherwords they want to give us our Christmas bonus and part of our performance bonus back to ratify this bs. UAW Ford hasn't struck company wide for over 30 years why do they fear it so much now. All I see offered in for return is what we already have in the last two negotiations and some of our money we gave back, why would Gettlefinger condsider this a good deal. Here in KC we are still waiting for the new body shop they promised in 07. I don't have any warm fuzzy feeling that my job is more secure by voting for this.

I agree with you Twincam, Why the hell are we expected to settle for the same terms as GM and Chrysler?And why has upper management not been asked to sacrifice ?L

Lets face it. The ONLY way Ford with be competitive with GM/Chrysler IS through bankruptcy. Its time to stop fooling ourselves, and vote NO. At this point its starting to look like bankruptcy is the only thing that will save the AUTOWORKER . Those arrogant phucks at the Glasshouse don't give 2 shits about us. They get the bonus' while we get the boner. This shits gotta stop! When I get what Mulally has, I will be ....GOOD WHERE I'M AT! Nothing more, nothing less.