09 Flex Problems

flex09gray

We own a 09 AWD Limited Flex my wife loves it when it is working. Soon after we got the car my wife ran out of gas. She said that she had a half a take of gas and suddenly it went to empty gave her a warning chime then a mile later she ran out of gas. I kidded her and the next week she ran out of gas again. We took the car in twice and were told nothing was wrong. SHE RAN OUT OF GAS A THIRD TIME. We were told it was fine and that it was her fault for not paying attention. We then took a cross country trip from midwest to east coast. I drove 130 miles into our trip at 11PM in the middle of no where I ran out of gas. lucky i costed into a small town and the local cop was right there. he took me to the gas station I bought a gas container brought a gallon back and filled up our flex it tool 8 gallons and took me 20 mins to get the gas in. WE ran out of gas two more times on that trip and stopped every 100 miles to fill up each fill up took over 20 min. What a disaster. We took the car in and two weeks later we found out that the pump between the dual gas tanks failed "this has never ever happened before" We got the car back and it worked fine and we began to really like it. A month ago my wife was on the highway and had a catastrophic failure. The entire car shut down no power brakes, no power st, lost the lights. She was lucky because she was in the right lane and could coast to the side. The car has been in the shop for four weeks again they cannot find the problem.

I contacted customer service at ford got the regional rep Ralph Perez who was helpful at first but then blamed the dealership. The dealership has been good and contacted ford immediately because of what happened with the gas tank so we did not feel need to go to another dealer. Car runs now but not fixed service manager says he is sure it will malfunction again.We asked for a supervisor at ford customer service she contacted my wife and agreed we should not take the car back. She did not leave her name or a contact no. and we have not been contacted for 5 days.

Does any one know the direct phone No. to the Ford Corporate office. I want to call Frederick Toney the Vice President of consumer affairs. Or Mark Fields CEO America. We have tried but all the direct listed No.s are disconnected. Does anyone have a number other then the 800 no. listed on their web site.

Any one on the thread have any suggestions.

thanks

We own a 09 AWD Limited Flex my wife loves it when it is working. Soon after we got the car my wife ran out of gas. She said that she had a half a take of gas and suddenly it went to empty gave her a warning chime then a mile later she ran out of gas. I kidded her and the next week she ran out of gas again. We took the car in twice and were told nothing was wrong. SHE RAN OUT OF GAS A THIRD TIME. We were told it was fine and that it was her fault for not paying attention. We then took a cross country trip from midwest to east coast. I drove 130 miles into our trip at 11PM in the middle of no where I ran out of gas. lucky i costed into a small town and the local cop was right there. he took me to the gas station I bought a gas container brought a gallon back and filled up our flex it tool 8 gallons and took me 20 mins to get the gas in. WE ran out of gas two more times on that trip and stopped every 100 miles to fill up each fill up took over 20 min. What a disaster. We took the car in and two weeks later we found out that the pump between the dual gas tanks failed "this has never ever happened before" We got the car back and it worked fine and we began to really like it. A month ago my wife was on the highway and had a catastrophic failure. The entire car shut down no power brakes, no power st, lost the lights. She was lucky because she was in the right lane and could coast to the side. The car has been in the shop for four weeks again they cannot find the problem.

I contacted customer service at ford got the regional rep Ralph Perez who was helpful at first but then blamed the dealership. The dealership has been good and contacted ford immediately because of what happened with the gas tank so we did not feel need to go to another dealer. Car runs now but not fixed service manager says he is sure it will malfunction again.We asked for a supervisor at ford customer service she contacted my wife and agreed we should not take the car back. She did not leave her name or a contact no. and we have not been contacted for 5 days.

Does any one know the direct phone No. to the Ford Corporate office. I want to call Frederick Toney the Vice President of consumer affairs. Or Mark Fields CEO America. We have tried but all the direct listed No.s are disconnected. Does anyone have a number other then the 800 no. listed on their web site.

Any one on the thread have any suggestions.

thanks

I am sorry to hear about your issue with your flex. My personal experience with the Flex has not been alot since we have not had many problems at all.

I don't know of any known issues with them as far as your concerns. However, I have read some of the Fords dealer message boards of some techs having connector pin issues causing a variety of electrical mishaps. I am sure the dealer wants to fix your car as much as you want it fixed. I think that your issue is a wiring or connector problem.

Let us know the outcome. I hope they get this fixed and you begin enjoying your flex again.

• 2 months later...