The arguments against this contract are false

Grey Goose

The arguments against this contract are all nothing more than the proverbial red herring. For that matter the arguments FOR this are the same.

Simply put, the die was cast when GM and Chrysler accepted bailout monies and these same clauses, ( arbitration, wage freezes and so on ) were inserted into their respective business plans by the government and the courts.

From that moment on the jig was up. If you're upset about arbitration, well be upset with those who put it into GM's agreement.

It matters not a twit that Ford didn't accept govt. money, except in the PR Dept. If the UAW loses in arbitration hearings about pensions or wages or health care to GM, then come hell or high water Ford WILL one way or another get the same thing even if it means breaking whats left of the union in order to achieve parity with its rivals.

Thats just a sad fact and it doesn't matter if we have a right to strike or not . The long slow death spiral has already begun and there is nothing we as a union can do to stop it unless we also organize the transplants. :sos:

Simple economics really. As long as someone somewhere is willing to do our jobs for half the wages and bennies or worse, and as long as people are willing to buy those products, look arounnd you at all the Hyundai's and Kia's whizzing by, and don't look now because here comes Tata from India and Cheery from China, well our goose is cooked.

It's only a matter of time and not much time either. :banghead:

The arguments against this contract are all nothing more than the proverbial red herring. For that matter the arguments FOR this are the same.

Simply put, the die was cast when GM and Chrysler accepted bailout monies and these same clauses, ( arbitration, wage freezes and so on ) were inserted into their respective business plans by the government and the courts.

From that moment on the jig was up. If you're upset about arbitration, well be upset with those who put it into GM's agreement.

It matters not a twit that Ford didn't accept govt. money, except in the PR Dept. If the UAW loses in arbitration hearings about pensions or wages or health care to GM, then come hell or high water Ford WILL one way or another get the same thing even if it means breaking whats left of the union in order to achieve parity with its rivals.

Thats just a sad fact and it doesn't matter if we have a right to strike or not . The long slow death spiral has already begun and there is nothing we as a union can do to stop it unless we also organize the transplants. :sos:

Simple economics really. As long as someone somewhere is willing to do our jobs for half the wages and bennies or worse, and as long as people are willing to buy those products, look arounnd you at all the Hyundai's and Kia's whizzing by, and don't look now because here comes Tata from India and Cheery from China, well our goose is cooked.

It's only a matter of time and not much time either. :banghead:

How Do I File a Charge Against An Employer or a Union?

The NLRB investigates unfair labor practice allegations made by employees, unions and employers. Union members or employers who desire to file an unfair labor practice charge should first contact an Information Officer at the Agency’s regional office in the jurisdiction of the workplace where the alleged violation occurred, for more information about the process, and whether the alleged violation falls within the NLRB’s jurisdiction. Speaking with an Information Officer first can avoid delays and mistakes when filing charges. Go to the page titled Locating Our Offices to find the regional office nearest your workplace.

Information Officers can provide forms and give you assistance in completing them to formally file a charge. The Act provides that allegations of unfair labor practice violations must be filed and served within 6 months of the alleged violation. For a guide to unfair labor practices, please go to The NLRB and You – Unfair Labor Practices (PDF*).

The forms are also available online, but the NLRB recommends that interested parties first contact the Information Officer at your nearest regional office.

Employees covered by the Act and unions can use this form to file an unfair labor practice charge: NLRB FORM 501--Charge Against Employer

Employees who want to file a charge against a union can use this form: NLRB FORM 508--Charge Against Labor Organization or its Agents

If you have any question regarding your work situation that you would like to discuss with this Agency, one of our Information Officers will be happy to speak with you. The Information Officer can provide you with information to assist you in deciding whether or not to file an unfair labor practice charge.

What the fk are they complaining about?

Nothing You guys at the Iuaw are doing a great job.

1. You gave us a good strong contract that lasted the four years we agreed to.

2. You are above board on all the posting and following the contract to the letter.

3. You didnt fall for the whinning of ford they have to pay higher debt cost than the other car companys.

4. You didn't take half of the money needed to fully fund the Veba.

5. You listened to our elected offical, when they told you not to reopen the contract.

6. You guys have none such a good job I think it's time for the leadership to stand for direct election. You wouldn't any trouble getting elected would you.

What the fk are they complaining about?

Go ahead call me out, I have ammo too. I'm pissed that you guys would even entertain supporting language that will cost this membership dearly later. If you two were so f-cking smart then all of the things we warned you about in 2007 would not be coming to pass. The VEBA will be insolvent, the 2nd tier will out number the master wage, and these hard working people will make parity with the transplants.

I hope all you d-cks in the solidarity house are happy in selling out your constituents. Maybe I should be fat, and happy because of the personal help, but I never got involve for my own personal gain.

Go ahead call me out, I have ammo too. I'm pissed that you guys would even entertain supporting language that will cost this membership dearly later. If you two were so f-cking smart then all of the things we warned you about in 2007 would not be coming to pass. The VEBA will be insolvent, the 2nd tier will out number the master wage, and these hard working people will make parity with the transplants.

I hope all you d-cks in the solidarity house are happy in selling out your constituents. Maybe I should be fat, and happy because of the personal help, but I never got involve for my own personal gain.

Auto, I like your posts. Even tho I don't agree with you on this one! I even agree with some of what yur saying now. But if I voted with my anger instead of my brain, I would be out of a job soon than later!

Well Eagle, you may be out of your house before you are out of your job. If inflation takes off within the next six years like it did in the early 90's, the late 70's or God Forbid, like it did during & after WWI, many people could be looking at VERY HARD TIMES ahead. You'll be begging FORD to build you a Shanty Town like the likes of what people have in Mexico City, India, or many other poor parts of the world.

Well Eagle, you may be out of your house before you are out of your job. If inflation takes off within the next six years like it did in the early 90's, the late 70's or God Forbid, like it did during & after WWI, many people could be looking at VERY HARD TIMES ahead. You'll be begging FORD to build you a Shanty Town like the likes of what people have in Mexico City, India, or many other poor parts of the world.

You might be right in the end, but it will be sooner if we vote no! I assure you that! I hope Ford recovers and we are able to come back like we had to in the 80's! But your too young to remember those days!

Eagle, here we go again. I am young enuf to have been laid off in 79' from FORD and not be recalled until 90', living 8 years under the poverty level. While laid off I received a BBA in Accouting. With a working knowledge of financial matters, I know what can happen during recessions (lived thru several), lived where unemployment was over 30%. I clearly see that FORD is in a good financial shape and understand that the 2011 prediction of profitability are probably over exagerations. Profitability will most likely come early next year, probably 2nd quarter and FoMoCo will not look back for a very long time. Why? Because they finally have someone in control that understands that the market nowadays revolves around QUALITY. But remember this, the man in charge has made enuf money the past couple of years to pay each one of us the $600 "Perfromance Bonus" we are going to get (did you forget taxes?) out of his own pocket. Another thing you should know & or remember is that in the early 80's workers gave up $0.25 (some old geezers swear it was $1.25) for our own health coverage and again during the 93-96 contract we gave up another $0.24 for our coverage. Compounding the inflation rate for those years up to 2009, it works out that we are paying about $0.90 an hour for our own health care. But you never see that in any writings anywhere. Please ask yourself, "Why?". Using a 40 hour work week for 52 weeks, we are paying about $1870 a year. That is right, I do my homework!

Eagle, here we go again. I am young enuf to have been laid off in 79' from FORD and not be recalled until 90', living 8 years under the poverty level. While laid off I received a BBA in Accouting. With a working knowledge of financial matters, I know what can happen during recessions (lived thru several), lived where unemployment was over 30%. I clearly see that FORD is in a good financial shape and understand that the 2011 prediction of profitability are probably over exagerations. Profitability will most likely come early next year, probably 2nd quarter and FoMoCo will not look back for a very long time. Why? Because they finally have someone in control that understands that the market nowadays revolves around QUALITY. But remember this, the man in charge has made enuf money the past couple of years to pay each one of us the $600 "Perfromance Bonus" we are going to get (did you forget taxes?) out of his own pocket. Another thing you should know & or remember is that in the early 80's workers gave up $0.25 (some old geezers swear it was $1.25) for our own health coverage and again during the 93-96 contract we gave up another $0.24 for our coverage. Compounding the inflation rate for those years up to 2009, it works out that we are paying about $0.90 an hour for our own health care. But you never see that in any writings anywhere. Please ask yourself, "Why?". Using a 40 hour work week for 52 weeks, we are paying about $1870 a year. That is right, I do my homework!

Since you are quick what has Ford done in the first 2 quarters this year?

Auto, I like your posts. Even tho I don't agree with you on this one! I even agree with some of what yur saying now. But if I voted with my anger instead of my brain, I would be out of a job soon than later!

Don't you understand the consiquences to the active workers, or did you buy a sh-t load of stock at $2.00 a share, and are eligible for retirement? There are things in this world more important than our own personal gain, that is one of the reasons I divested myself and sold off my stock for the same price I bought it for! I cannot stand the thought that the active workers must loose in order to make money off of it. It was a conflict of interest!