ZELEDYNE GLASS(FORMALLY FORD GLASS DIVISION)

kcman23

:reading:

Yup, Zeledyne should be an example for all of the other ACH and Visteon plants, don't ratify anything that takes you away from Ford. No matter what the company threatens you with and the International tells you that its a good idea. They will tell you that it is your only choice and that they will close you down if you don't ratify the sale of your plant, but even if you pass it you will still get shut down, eventually.

Today's rumor:

The deal with PGW is off. Ford is going to take glass back under the ACH sign until they can find another buyer. :finger::stirpot:

you need to get a better source of info. ppg (a.k.a. pgw) has entered into a contract to buy the glass division from now to the end of 2010. probally why your not a ford employee, you listen to the wrong people.

I finally found the answer to my question. I reread our contract and according to article 18 if they close the plant and liquidate the assets they don't have to honor any of the contract. Zeledyne has been getting rid of assets here in Tulsa since the day they took over.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/dmichelotti

........or could that be according to “your” interpretation of what the language “means”? Reading it is one thing, contract interpretation is another. What is the actual language, not just snippets? My point is that many read what they want to read (in any contract) while the actual language may mean something entirely different. Have you checked with your BC to verify or validate your assumptions? They should be able to clarify, especially if they were in the negotiations when this language was developed. Rather than make "assumptions" it might be worth the time to find out the facts. Just a thought.

Could you provide a link to said article?

i got this info. from a good friend that works in allen park and no i will not put his job on the line for a link. they will let everyone know before to long. how could you be any worse off anyway, pgw should be an ok company to work for , just won't pay a whole lot .

:happy feet: Well that helps me finally piece together what is going to happen at Zeledyne. PGW is going to buy our Book of Business and all assets. Then they are going to start running all the parts at their other plants and close Tulsa and Nashville down. Now I wonder how the International is going to take care of us. I wouldn't think they would want to loose another 1,000 dues paying members. Maybe we will be allowed to transfer to other PGW plants that are UAW. :hysterical:

I found this from another thread.

FYI, Ford has been planning for 2 years to get glass from someone else. So Nashville and Tulsa will not be going back under Ford LLC. They have a Chineese company they have been talking with.

Seems Captain might know how the International is going to take care of us Zeledyne (former Ford) employees. :stirpot:

:happy feet: Well that helps me finally piece together what is going to happen at Zeledyne. PGW is going to buy our Book of Business and all assets. Then they are going to start running all the parts at their other plants and close Tulsa and Nashville down. Now I wonder how the International is going to take care of us. I wouldn't think they would want to loose another 1,000 dues paying members. Maybe we will be allowed to transfer to other PGW plants that are UAW. :hysterical:

i don't think they will shut nashville down because they run about 10 different windshields and still has gas hearths, and the float was just rebuilt less than two or three years ago. tulsa, i don't know one way or the other, it could be 50/50. ask your union bc what he knows about the sale. if he says he hasn't heard anything then he's lying. pgw wants ford motor co. windshields business and the only way they can supply ford's windshield demand is to run them at nashville. your gas hearth could be moved to another plant, but who knows how it will all play out. whatever happens it won't be anytime soon. it'll be months down the road.

Our BC will not tell us anything. Only that they will tell us what they know when they know for sure what the facts are. They say Zeledyne is broke and in need of money or a buyer. In other words he is doing his job, giving us the facts and not speculating. I'm just answering the question asked by this thread and trying to keep people abreast of what is on the floor in Tulsa. I hope that I can hear what is on the floor at Nashville and elsewhere.

Today's rumor:

PPG is shipping us selenium and cobalt so we can run some blue glass for them. Zeledyne doesn't have any money to buy materials. :redcard:

I always was led to believe that Tulsa and its Blue and reflective arch glass was the only money maker in ford glass anyway. Due to Ford not paying shit for auto glass. Does anyone else make blue glass? You said earlier that PGW_PPG would shut down the floats. Or Tulsa/nashville totally. Do they want the recipe for blue glass or what? Not to mention Fords business. Cant Zeledyne make money on arch glass? Smells like fish to me. :finger::stirpot: :reading: :redcard: :shades:

Edited by kcman23

Speculation is we will run PPG's glass on float 2 until they rebuild their float line in Wichita Falls. Zeledyne is a speck in the glass industry. PPG and other glass manufactors make blue and other various colors. PPG also has a lot of coating they can apply to their glass. Zeledyne says they can't make any money on any type of glass.

• 3 weeks later...

Rumor is representatives from both Zeledyne and Ford are supposed to be touring the plants. Its rumored to be a group of about 20 people. We had a big clean-up day in Tulsa. :ohsnap: I was hoping someone from Nashville might give us a sneak preview of what's coming to Tulsa tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

Tomorrow is our big meeting in Tulsa. Zeledyne is supposed to make an announcement about the future of the plant. Rumor is they are going to shut down Float 2.

Sometimes, any news , good , bad , whatever... is better than not knowing anything. Not sure they could turn a profit with this management if they were spinning gold from the sand , instead of glass. Doesn't appear that they ever really intended to. Will know more tomorrow.

Well they are going to shut down T2 float in the middle of February and layoff about 210 people come the end of March. Zeledyne has decided to get out of commerical glass.

well thats what they get for voting to sell the plant to zeledyne. tell them not to worry , i'am sure zeledyne will take good care of them. (lol) they are getting what they deserve. p.s. remind them they would be under ford if they had voted NO.

well thats what they get for voting to sell the plant to zeledyne. tell them not to worry , i'am sure zeledyne will take good care of them. (lol) they are getting what they deserve. p.s. remind them they would be under ford if they had voted NO.

I can't do anything but agree with you dozer, bodibkb and I were both against the Zeledyne sale based on the contract presented. I have my Ford retirement, I was trying to protect the younger employees. That contract was and still is a joke. You can argue that they might have shut it down right then, but when the final outcome is going to be the same, I wish I had lobbied harder against it. I still feel that the UAW turned its back on us, we were a chip and they tossed us away for something else. To this day I have been unable to wear my retiree jacket,, it just makes me sick. Loved the UAW of old, very proud and fought hard to get what we had. Pissing it away is just not my style. Because of lack of language covering the trades, this first round of layoffs is going to be a logistical nightmare. Sure isn't the way it should be.

VOTE NO,, whups,, too late

• 1 month later...

Float 2 is now down. People will began getting laid off on March 19th.

well thats what they get for voting yes to sell the glass division on the revote . looks like they should have stuck with the first vote which was a BIG NO. try wal mart they pay about what zeledyne does . good luck and get over it.

Float 2 is now down. People will began getting laid off on March 19th.

I sure hate to hear that news. I hope everyone that is affected will end up okay. Hopefully, the warmer weather will thaw out some jobs. Thanks for keeping us informed. I wish all the Best of Luck !!!

• Like 2