ZELEDYNE GLASS(FORMALLY FORD GLASS DIVISION)

kcman23

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

We just voted down the CGC contract 61%-39%. They are going around skimming for yes votes now. It's pure evilness. :angry2:

yall should have done that about 3 years ago and yall would still have the blue oval on your pay checks like me and h.b. and i wouldn't be going to lap. however i'am looking forward to going, only 140 miles from my driveway. i'am sure yall will do just fine under the japs, who knows, in about 30 years yall might be making what me and h. b. make now. p. s. ford just made 6.6 billon profit in 2010, my profit shareing check should be around 5k. how much are yall getting ?

take care , dozerman

yall should have done that about 3 years ago and yall would still have the blue oval on your pay checks like me and h.b. and i wouldn't be going to lap. however i'am looking forward to going, only 140 miles from my driveway. i'am sure yall will do just fine under the japs, who knows, in about 30 years yall might be making what me and h. b. make now. p. s. ford just made 6.6 billon profit in 2010, my profit shareing check should be around 5k. how much are yall getting ?

take care , dozerman

Now that is just mean. The decision to transfer was a hard one to make, not everyone was in a position to move. I worry about friends and family that are still there, and wish them only the best. You should remember how it was there, worrying about your job all the time.

• Like 1

Now that is just mean. The decision to transfer was a hard one to make, not everyone was in a position to move. I worry about friends and family that are still there, and wish them only the best. You should remember how it was there, worrying about your job all the time.

why transfer or move , me and h.b. took the lay off. we get 600.00 per week from ford , plus profit share check, plus ins. plus vacation check ( my vacation check in 2010 was 4500.00 ) . also we get retirement credits for every year . i had 26.5 when laided off, now have close to 29. also we get to go to lap this year. they gave all this away for 63 k after tax. just don't understand why out of 425 production workers, only us two were in a position to take the lay off. keep on listening to your local union leaders and i'am sure yall will do just fine. work safe , dm

I voted no 3 years ago. I didn't want to see my dad go to KC and separate our family. The union used scare tactics on every new employee coming in... while putting money in their pockets and wasting the dues that we pay them every month. They don't negotiate for us... they negotiate for themselves and for the company. They should be ashamed to be called part of the UAW. They aren't helping out the American worker. They are just helping out Japanese business. My family has exsisted within Ford fir nearly 50 years. I myself have never had a chance to be part of such a "wonderful" company that loves to dump it's employee benefits and take away the promised job for life.

take care , dozerman

Glad to see it is working out for you and HB. I sure don't remember this being one of the options the IUAW reps covered with us. After transfering to Memphis and getting 3 credits added back to my retirement, I have now been retired for 2 years. I would have probably gone your route had I known it was available.