New Year ILO's

Pipedope

Sound off! What other Ford plants are being threatened with ILOs for the start of the new year? Here at Lima Engine Plant in Lima, Ohio we were first told that we would lose 30 to 40 to ILO. Today we hear 15 production and 9 skilled. Also according to my area Superintendant, for the near future they are also going 5-10s forcing Friday OT.

Sound off! What other Ford plants are being threatened with ILOs for the start of the new year? Here at Lima Engine Plant in Lima, Ohio we were first told that we would lose 30 to 40 to ILO. Today we hear 15 production and 9 skilled. Also according to my area Superintendant, for the near future they are also going 5-10s forcing Friday OT.

Just curious why you say a threat? All the company has to do is notify the union!

Edited by Captain723

Just curious why you say a threat? All the company has to do is notify the union!

Walton Hills Stamping Plant was informed that they are going to ILO a total of 43 people.

23 of them will be skilled trades and 20 of them production. This is not a threat but a reality.

We already have had union brothers and sisters put on ILO since March and June of this year.

I'm not sure if other Stamping Plants are being affected with ILO's this like us, but it doesn't look

any of us are going back anytime soon.

No Kidding! OK-you got me there! You don't like threat. Well-how about non-official, pre-emptive notification through the grape-vine that Labor Relations tells the Union Reps. should be kept quiet until he doesn't call them back from Christmas Break, that the Union Reps. in turn tell him to go pack away because they aren't going to do that to their people- company to union verbalizations!

Walton Hills Stamping Plant was informed that they are going to ILO a total of 43 people.

23 of them will be skilled trades and 20 of them production. This is not a threat but a reality.

We already have had union brothers and sisters put on ILO since March and June of this year.

I'm not sure if other Stamping Plants are being affected with ILO's this like us, but it doesn't look

any of us are going back anytime soon.

Thanks Robogamer, for your answer to my question. LEP has people on ILO back to last Feb. 1. LEP just called some people back June 1-09. Now more than was ILOd in Feb. 09 are going out. We have more work now than we had then. LEP is working OT. I used the word threat and it seems to be a problem with some folks. Anything that Ford does that effects my family and my Ford friends adversly (ie. income) is a THREAT to our way of life! In this rotten economy, can anyone call it anything else! There are no jobs to be had and SUB is fading fast.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Thanks Robogamer, for your answer to my question. LEP has people on ILO back to last Feb. 1. LEP just called some people back June 1-09. Now more than was ILOd in Feb. 09 are going out. We have more work now than we had then. LEP is working OT. I used the word threat and it seems to be a problem with some folks. Anything that Ford does that effects my family and my Ford friends adversly (ie. income) is a THREAT to our way of life! In this rotten economy, can anyone call it anything else! There are no jobs to be had and SUB is fading fast.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Pipedope , Do you have any more information on the ILO issue at LEP ? I pretty much know the answer to this question BUT are any sallaried being let go ?

Best of luck to all .

MERRY CHRISTMASS: Happy Holidays : Hopefully all will be back to work soon .

Pipedope , Do you have any more information on the ILO issue at LEP ? I pretty much know the answer to this question BUT are any sallaried being let go ?

Best of luck to all .

MERRY CHRISTMASS: Happy Holidays : Hopefully all will be back to work soon .

None that I know of. Have a GREAT HOLIDAY!