GM reaches agreement to sell Saab to Spyker!

Sixt9coug

This is really great news! ...my computer teacher has a family run Saab dealership thats been around for over 25 years and the last couple months have been really stressful for them. In the small area that I live in there is a lot of loyalty with the Saab brand....it would have been a disaster here if they hadn't been saved. I wish them luck, they really are going to need it.

I like Saab. I've owned three over the years. A 900 that I gave to my niece at 260k miles. And two 9-5's (1 sedan and 1 wagon). All bought used.

The 900 was one of the best cars I've ever owned. It was tough, but sporty enough. Decent build quality etc. Hardly anything ever went wrong with it. When I bought it, Ford really didn't have anything like it. (Looks to be changing with the new Focus, Fiestas coming out).

The 9-5's were purchased after we gave away the 900. I bought the Sedan and not long after my wife got the wagon. They were pretty good cars as well, but both had a fair amount of expensive repair work done. I don't think I'd get another 9-5 after the experience (although they were pretty decent cars). The 900 was very nice, just too small for the family.

I hope Saab does well, and it's a good to see them set free from the GM umbrella.

Edited by Chester