Medium duty news

Wasn't the H series the huge cabover using a C-series cab mounted up high? Also, I'm having a hell of a time navigating in here since the new look came about. I have to click on a link three times; it takes over 30 seconds for a page to load; and it takes 30 seconds before my words start to appear when I reply. Anybody else having problems?

Wasn't the H series the huge cabover using a C-series cab mounted up high? Also, I'm having a hell of a time navigating in here since the new look came about. I have to click on a link three times; it takes over 30 seconds for a page to load; and it takes 30 seconds before my words start to appear when I reply. Anybody else having problems?

Yes, the H series was an 'over the road' cabover that Ford built from 1961 to early 1966. It was a compination of parts, basically an N series chassis with a modified C series cab mounted high to clear a big Cummins. Often called a 'Two Story Falcon', it may have been the worst class 8 truck ever built. Very crude, not reliable, and very rust prone. Few exist today, and the H series is a favorite topic over on the A.T.H.S. boards. Recently there was story about how the roofs would come loose on H series trucks with sleepers, giving he occupant a nice cold shower! Ford learned a lot from the H, and the W series that replaced the H was a much better truck. Oh, and neat feature on some of the old Page & Page suspensions: They had a cam on the spring hanger that was adjustable, and you could vary the weight distribution between the axles. Very handy for 'pusher' tandems, you could put 65% of the weight on the drive axle for better traction.

Edited by 7Mary3