Romeo Trades Overtime

Just out of curiosity, what exactly has Randy done wrong? I agree, supporting the last round of contract mods was a bad idea, but what else? Bitch about the trades agreement all you want, but Brad gave it his blessing so Randy ran with it. I didn't agree with all of his appointments either, but he is the chairman and so far everything has worked out.

So tell me, what exactly has he done wrong? We're working, everyone has gotten their jobs back, we've brought brothers and sisters in from other plants, we have at least one new engine program and I am willing to put money on this, another one in the works. Is this all his doing? Not necessarily, but he is a part of the plant leadership and things have gotten better since he has been chairman.

There are always going to be individual gripes, but you make it sound like everyone hates him. Dare I ask, do you have your own politcal agenda?

local400future there is no one more hypocritical in this plant than you... You are right up there in line behind Herrick, Webb, Candela, Schultz, You all need to sew a big N on your shirts....isn't that what cheerleaders do? You are all a bunch of hypocritical lapdogs. who latch on to who ever is sitting in the corner chair....When Randy gets voted out you will be sucking on the next chairman's coat tail or what ever else is hanging! Grow a set and stand up for what is right!

Just out of curiosity, what exactly has Randy done wrong? I agree, supporting the last round of contract mods was a bad idea, but what else? Bitch about the trades agreement all you want, but Brad gave it his blessing so Randy ran with it. I didn't agree with all of his appointments either, but he is the chairman and so far everything has worked out.

So tell me, what exactly has he done wrong? We're working, everyone has gotten their jobs back, we've brought brothers and sisters in from other plants, we have at least one new engine program and I am willing to put money on this, another one in the works. Is this all his doing? Not necessarily, but he is a part of the plant leadership and things have gotten better since he has been chairman.

There are always going to be individual gripes, but you make it sound like everyone hates him. Dare I ask, do you have your own politcal agenda?

It is what Randy hasn't done that is his issue. He is the plant chairman. If Brad is not doing his job it is up to Randy to find out why and help the members. The infighting between Brad and Randy is hurting everyone hear at the plant. When I go see Randy all I hear is how Brad is not doing this or how Brad is messing this up. Fix it Randy you are the chairman. Guiterrez doesn't impress me either. I called, left a message and he never got back with me. When I was talking to Randy, Chris jumped on Brad when he wasn't even part of the conversation. We need to come together, Brad and Randy don't need to like each other but they do need to work together for our benefit.

As far as working overtime while there are people on ILO, until this union is actually a union and we are out for the benefit of everyone instead of just ourselves people will work every bit of overtime afforded them and screw their union brothers and sisters.

"I also believe that this display of greed would be prominent at any other plant given the same situation"

Well thats not the way its working with the temps at saline. They were put right in the overtime rotation like anyone else. You can not say we need help with these projects Monday through Friday but we dont need you on the weekend. Its totally shameless and pathetic the way the trades were treated as far a OT agreement was handled at sterling.

I could be wrong, but I thought the M/W's that went to Saline from Local 400 became permanent employees.

Again, I could be wrong- but I would find it hard to believe that Sterling is the only plant to have these OT rules concerning temps.

The situation at Sterling is much different than Salines. Sterling took a stand against management bringing contractors in. Had the union allowed them in, the trades from 400 would never had been called for temp. assignment. Saline, on the other hand, uses contractors regularly. The OT at Sterling has been sparse at best. Saline - 7/12's.

I did say "given the same situation", didn't I.

I'm not saying it's right, but if my plant closed and another plant said they would use me as temp help with no chance of OT, I would have to accept that as the way it is. It would be better than watching the SUB weeks wither away. It might also get my foot in the door to one day become a permanent tradesman there.

It is what Randy hasn't done that is his issue. He is the plant chairman. If Brad is not doing his job it is up to Randy to find out why and help the members. The infighting between Brad and Randy is hurting everyone hear at the plant. When I go see Randy all I hear is how Brad is not doing this or how Brad is messing this up. Fix it Randy you are the chairman. Guiterrez doesn't impress me either. I called, left a message and he never got back with me. When I was talking to Randy, Chris jumped on Brad when he wasn't even part of the conversation. We need to come together, Brad and Randy don't need to like each other but they do need to work together for our benefit.

As far as working overtime while there are people on ILO, until this union is actually a union and we are out for the benefit of everyone instead of just ourselves people will work every bit of overtime afforded them and screw their union brothers and sisters.

Now those are legitamte complaints. The infighting does have to stop.

local400future there is no one more hypocritical in this plant than you... You are right up there in line behind Herrick, Webb, Candela, Schultz, You all need to sew a big N on your shirts....isn't that what cheerleaders do? You are all a bunch of hypocritical lapdogs. who latch on to who ever is sitting in the corner chair....When Randy gets voted out you will be sucking on the next chairman's coat tail or what ever else is hanging! Grow a set and stand up for what is right!

Once again, a completely useless response. I ask a legitmate question and you attack me. Why don't you try to add something constructive to the discussion?

LOCAL400FUTURE...There are always going to be individual gripes, but you make it sound like everyone hates him. Dare I ask, do you have your own politcal agenda?

Hate is a strong word..DISGUSTED...is more accurate.

There are alot of "political agenda's" flying around ...that much is obvious.. including YOUR own LOCAL400FUTURE...

So what is my political agenda? You people seem to know me so well, tell me what I am doing?

Did you forget I am on the E board? By me showing up here, and I wish more elected officials would, shows that I actually care. Unfotunately every time I do or say something Lenny's Lemmings jump all over me and I am accused of being self serving. What exactly have I gained since I decided to get more involved? Haven't been to Black Lake. Haven't been appointed to any job. And news flash, I am not running for V.P. or convention delegate. So tell me, what is my agenda? I am just someone who actually cares about the direction the union is going. Not some anonymous shit stirrer and rumor starter that does nothing but cause more dissention amongst the ranks instead of unifiying us for one common goal.

So I challenge all of you anonymous posters to actually stand up and speak your peace, not hide behind a screen name.

Edited by local400future

local400future .. and YOU are?

The romeo plant chairman, randy newsum, is in the power position to STOP infighting, backstabbing and frustration within his own committee and the membership (engine associates and trades). He needs to use his leadership position, not play favorites, not allow plant management to manipulate him and interpret our contract as they see fit AND getting under control... instead.. he seems determined to create frustration.

So what is my political agenda? You people seem to know me so well, tell me what I am doing?

Did you forget I am on the E board? By me showing up here, and I wish more elected officials would, shows that I actually care. Unfotunately every time I do or say something Lenny's Lemmings jump all over me and I am accused of being self serving. What exactly have I gained since I decided to get more involved? Haven't been to Black Lake. Haven't been appointed to any job. And news flash, I am not running for V.P. or convention delegate. So tell me, what is my agenda? I am just someone who actually cares about the direction the union is going. Not some anonymous shit stirrer and rumor starter that does nothing but cause more dissention amongst the ranks instead of unifiying us for one common goal.

So I challenge all of you anonymous posters to actually stand up and speak your peace, not hide behind a screen name.

You actually care? Is that what you said? You care by not going to the last 3 sessions of the Joint Council, I mean I could see you have a life and you miss 1 of them, maybe 2, but come on, someone who cares as much as you say you do, should be in attendance at these meetings....or perhaps you are beyond the rest of us.....You are following in the same footsteps as your hero Tony P. Except he went to all the meetings! And what does it matter that I'm anonymous, the truth is still the truth whether there is a name attached to whom is saying it or not. And why do you always have to throw Lenny into it.....get over it.....he beat you! And he got beat! He got over it....you should too.

You actually care? Is that what you said? You care by not going to the last 3 sessions of the Joint Council, I mean I could see you have a life and you miss 1 of them, maybe 2, but come on, someone who cares as much as you say you do, should be in attendance at these meetings....or perhaps you are beyond the rest of us.....You are following in the same footsteps as your hero Tony P. Except he went to all the meetings! And what does it matter that I'm anonymous, the truth is still the truth whether there is a name attached to whom is saying it or not. And why do you always have to throw Lenny into it.....get over it.....he beat you! And he got beat! He got over it....you should too.

ldf, I am Al Coscia. I am on the E-board.

Member, I keep bringing up Lenny to make sure he DOES NOT have a chance to win anything. Yes, it is partially motivated by what he did to me, but mainly because of what he would do to us. Also, the truth is still the truth? Yeah, your truth is your truth. I stated in other posts that just because YOU say it's a fact doesn't make it so.

Lastly, the Joint Council meeting is basically a rehash of the E-board meeting so I am not missing anything. Regardless, I missed the last three JC meetings due to work and one for personal reasons. In total I have missed four for work and two for personal reasons. We had the summer off and no meeting in December. Tell me who you are and I'll be sure to get my schedule approved by you.

Member, I keep bringing up Lenny to make sure he DOES NOT have a chance to win anything. Yes, it is partially motivated by what he did to me, but mainly because of what he would do to us. Also, the truth is still the truth? Yeah, your truth is your truth. I stated in other posts that just because YOU say it's a fact doesn't make it so.

Lastly, the Joint Council meeting is basically a rehash of the E-board meeting so I am not missing anything. Regardless, I missed the last three JC meetings due to work and one for personal reasons. In total I have missed four for work and two for personal reasons. We had the summer off and no meeting in December. Tell me who you are and I'll be sure to get my schedule approved by you.

First off local400future, you are assuming people actually care about what you think and take your opinions to the polls....believe me THEY DO NOT...in fact most people that I know think you're a Jack--- but that's another story. JC is not a rehash of the E-board, you see this just confirms what little you know about this Local and how it is supposed to work. It seems the more you post in these forums the more people can see what little you really know about the union and how it is supposed to work. But, hopefully you will learn someday... Stupid is what stupid does!

• Like 1

It would be nice if Randy posted when the joint council meets and when we actually have a union meeting. The only meetings that the membership knows about are the ones we had to explain the new contract awhile back. What about a skilled trades meeting? When are those? We haven't had one since I've been in this plant. Randy will blame Brad but Randy needs to attend also. This is one more thing Randy isn't doing. Ellison seems to be ok, but I don't know yet.

local400future .. and YOU are?

The romeo plant chairman, randy newsum, is in the power position to STOP infighting, backstabbing and frustration within his own committee and the membership (engine associates and trades). He needs to use his leadership position, not play favorites, not allow plant management to manipulate him and interpret our contract as they see fit AND getting under control... instead.. he seems determined to create frustration.

Newsum is just more interested in another cold one and a free 12/7 til the end of this term than anything else.

Rotten Randy is doing Romeo Proud!

It would be nice if Randy posted when the joint council meets and when we actually have a union meeting. The only meetings that the membership knows about are the ones we had to explain the new contract awhile back. What about a skilled trades meeting? When are those? We haven't had one since I've been in this plant. Randy will blame Brad but Randy needs to attend also. This is one more thing Randy isn't doing. Ellison seems to be ok, but I don't know yet.

Now that's a good point. The last actual unit meeting we've had was with Johnny. All of Randy's have involved the contract in some way shape or form.

First off local400future, you are assuming people actually care about what you think and take your opinions to the polls....believe me THEY DO NOT...in fact most people that I know think you're a Jack--- but that's another story. JC is not a rehash of the E-board, you see this just confirms what little you know about this Local and how it is supposed to work. It seems the more you post in these forums the more people can see what little you really know about the union and how it is supposed to work. But, hopefully you will learn someday... Stupid is what stupid does!

Just because we disagree does not make me wrong. Sling all the insults you want, you just make yourself look more and more ignorant.

The problem with the UAW is we have become to bogged down in bureaucracy and forgot the true meaning of being in a union: brothers and sisters working/standing together for the common good of the group.

If you checked your emotions you'd realize that the more of us elected officials showed up here instead of insulting the one who does, things may actually get done.

Edited by local400future

Randy must think Romeo State of the Plant meetings are enough for 400 membership. Unit meetings might be a free for all - members want answers... Randy doesn't want a face to face with the plant membership.. he couldn't control it.

By not having a unit meeting it looks like Randy relies on the safety net Company State of the Plant meetings give him. At a unit meeting Randy might have to face the truth.. plant membership is dissatisfied with his lack of leadership - Randy is playing the membership - we are losing ground everyday because of it..

Besides.. Randy REALLY shows the Romeo Plant Manager who's in control of Romeo by talking over or interupting her throughout plant meetings. Now that's leadership.? Ellison uses language in the State of the Plant that would get anyone else a visit to Labor Relations and a couple days off. That's leading by example...?

This isn't about slinging insults or trying to prove someone wrong.. that just clouds the REAL issue - Romeo's plant chairman is out of control and his behavior is hurting the membership and Romeo's success.

local400future.. you shouldn't tell Romeo400member to "check their emotions" .. You should be telling that to the Romeo Chairman.

Fish stinks from the head.... drop the tired rhetoric of blaming "bureacracy", nostalgic brothers and sisters standing together, support your local elected official, kumbiyah... .. it's gone WAY beyond that... what's left for the membership to support?

local400future.. you shouldn't tell Romeo400member to "check their emotions" .. You should be telling that to the Romeo Chairman.

Fish stinks from the head.... drop the tired rhetoric of blaming "bureacracy", nostalgic brothers and sisters standing together, support your local elected official, kumbiyah... .. it's gone WAY beyond that... what's left for the membership to support?

Amen ldf...you're right don't say what could be, it's what it is....it's just not working under our current leadership including this Executive Board member who was going to change the union world as we know it when he got he elected....He just rolled over like the rest of them!

Here in Romeo at Local 400 under the great and all powerful Randy we as tradesman have given up on our union to enforce the contract. The contract language states that we are to maintain a 56 hour overtime spread between the three area groups. Once the 56 hour threshhold is met the company is to supplement a group by going outside that group to the next lowest hour trade on the plantwide list. We have a particuliar group with people at 200 hours working while people with 70-90- hours are sitting at home on the weekends. It appears that the company tells Randy their interpretation of the contract and he says ok. What a joke. I've seen him and bitched at him and he says he'll correct the situation only to come in the next day to find everything exactly the same. I think he is in bed with the company. This is by far the weakest local I've been associated with. Even my supervisor says "I could tell you to do anything and what are you going to do? Call your Committeeman?" It is a sad state here when management knows they can do anything they want and Randy and Ellison won't do anything!!! It is so discouraging especially because we are paying for this unrepresentation!

Do you really think they are going to fix the Overtime issues on the floor when it is messed up in the Union Office. If they can't take care of and fix their own issues than they aren't going to have it right on the floor. They are supposed to equalize between themselves upstairs. For the last 2 or 3 weekends Jeriemy R and Elison have worked both Sat and Sun while the low hour people sat home! They sat home because Randy is having a pissing match upstairs and if you don't agree with him then he's going to screw you on your money. And by Jeriemy and Elison just going along with the fact that they are working out of spread makes them just as bad as our Chairman. It just shows the rest of us on the floor that if they get their money then they will go along with anything Randy says or does and they will keep their mouths shut...

I never said support the leadership, did I? I said we need to work together to make things better. I think the mods being voted was the first step in the membership finally sending notice to the leadership that we are not going to led around by a leash.

It's not rhetoric, it's fact. We don't vote on officers above local level. We have no say in the contract negotiations other than voting and basically the elected officers tend to act like they know what's good for the floor.

We need to make them WORK for us not have them tell us what is good for us.

Amen ldf...you're right don't say what could be, it's what it is....it's just not working under our current leadership including this Executive Board member who was going to change the union world as we know it when he got he elected....He just rolled over like the rest of them!

I'm here listening aren't I?

Look, I've got fairly decent seniority and a good job in the plant, what are my motivations according to you? What is my motivation to come in here and listen to people like you tell me no one likes me, which is pretty much not true, I'm a liar and I am ignorant. Tell me what I lied about and about all the people who don't like me. I already stated that I am not running for V.P. or convention delegate. If I do run for another position it'll be financial or recording secretary IF they are part time positions next election. I feel our representation needs to be on the floor working to understand the membership.

Basically you don't like me for whatever reason and that's fine, but stop trying to act like you're some union guru yet offer nothing but anonymous personal attacks. If it makes you feel better, then go ahead and fire away but just like with xfactor, I'm done responding to you unless you actually say something intelligent. I'm not here to defend myself. I asked a legitimate question and you have yet to respond which means you have nothing.

Who CARES if you are listening.. that's all you do....Local400Future.. Don't YOU get it? STOP whining..STOP explaining yourself. Stop using this forum to promote yourself. We don't care what you say.. if you cannot take so called "personal attacks" and pressure from the floor.. step aside. get to the REAL ISSUES if you want to serve the membership. YOU enjoy the double talk.. bait and switch. Kinda cocky calling yourself LOCAL400FUTURE. We are all getting real tired reading about your UAW career plans and qualifications and what a great guy you are.. so what? What can you do for us? What does any of this have to do with the issues at hand? It's NOT about you. It's about what is going on at Romeo.

Stop with the BS and step up ...or start a new topic.. "LOCAL400FUTURE- I'm THAT good!"

• Like 1

Who CARES if you are listening.. that's all you do....Local400Future.. Don't YOU get it? STOP whining..STOP explaining yourself. Stop using this forum to promote yourself. We don't care what you say.. if you cannot take so called "personal attacks" and pressure from the floor.. step aside. get to the REAL ISSUES if you want to serve the membership. YOU enjoy the double talk.. bait and switch. Kinda cocky calling yourself LOCAL400FUTURE. We are all getting real tired reading about your UAW career plans and qualifications and what a great guy you are.. so what? What can you do for us? What does any of this have to do with the issues at hand? It's NOT about you. It's about what is going on at Romeo.

Stop with the BS and step up ...or start a new topic.. "LOCAL400FUTURE- I'm THAT good!"

Actually, I was trying to get the real issue. I asked, "What has Randy done wrong?" I got some legitimate answers, and then of course the trolls, such as yourself, had to pipe up. I apologize if I explained why I do this. I didn't realize you were so sensitive.

So, why don't you stop with the BS and step up or start a new topic. "LDF-Typical Anonymous Internet Troll"

Executive Board meeting is today. Joint Council is this Sunday at 10 a.m.

I talked to Randy and he plans on having unit and trades meetings in April.

ooohhhhh... LOCAL400FUTURE.. you aren't above name calling are you? So dissapointed.

Must have struck a nerve. Nice response for a representative of the Romeo E-Board.. pretty much consistent...

but Randy came up with a "tentative" month for a unit and trades meeting...... we'll believe that when it happens.. only 2 months away.. keep buying time..........

ooohhhhh... LOCAL400FUTURE.. you aren't above name calling are you? So dissapointed.

Must have struck a nerve. Nice response for a representative of the Romeo E-Board.. pretty much consistent...

but Randy came up with a "tentative" month for a unit and trades meeting...... we'll believe that when it happens.. only 2 months away.. keep buying time..........

internet troll: In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]

Not name calling. You are anonymous and you are an internet troll, by definition. If you want to have an intelligent conversation, you need to change your tone. Just because I am a representative does not mean I have to take your insults.