Romeo Trades Overtime

I can't beleave what I have been reading. Don't you wish we had a real union? Randy has made a lot of mistakes and he will pay for that soon.When we vote him and his side kick out.

Hopefully enough production people will vote him out. The next regime will have a real hard time because management is so used to doing whatever they want.It will be a big job but can be done with the right people.

[several tradesman went to find out why the contract wasn't being followed on Friday. Ellison was taking the time to explain to us that he was going to get Dawn Rowley a past HR manager to explain the intent of the contract to us. Randy does not want to be involved. Apparently Randy doesn't want to be involved in the trades issues. He wants the ex company HR manager to do his job.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

UNBELIEVABLE!!! The Romeo Chairman wants a past HR Manager to come back to Romeo and explain the contract to Romeo Tradesmen...? He or Ellison can't? Maybe we should start signing over Union dues to the Company now... Randy does NOT want to be involved with the trades??? Does that mean we should have our own trades contract ..? Sounds good to me. ... Now we have Randy Newsumes endorsement...

Local400future... and you want specifics about "fatal" mistakes.....?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO she can tell the tradesmen that brad agree to it,and now he don't understand it ,now he pass the blame to someone else..TAKE OWNERSHIP is what HE needs to do.

Edited by REALITYCHECK316

Hopefully enough production people will vote him out. The next regime will have a real hard time because management is so used to doing whatever they want.It will be a big job but can be done with the right people.

THE NEXT REGIME?????? SO "IF" U WIN UUUUUUUUUUUUU SHOULD KNOW WHAT TO DO ???BECUSE YOU ARE GOD GIFT TO THE UAW.."management is so used to doing whatever they want"????WELL AGAIN IFFFFFFFFF YOUR SKILLED TRADES REP COULD DO HIS JOB AND NOT HIDE IN HIS OFFICE WITH THE DOOR SHUT,AND HIS MINI MEEEEEEEEE STOP STIRRING SHIT MAYBE SOME THINGS CAN GET DONE.

Several tradesman went to find out why the contract wasn't being followed on Friday. Ellison was taking the time to explain to us that he was going to get Dawn Rowley a past HR manager to explain the intent of the contract to us. Randy does not want to be involved. He came threatened to kick us out of the office if we didn't show respect. Granted things got heated but no one was being disrespectful. Apparently Randy doesn't want to be involved in the trades issues. He wants the ex company HR manager to do his job. Basically, the contract "reads overtime imbalances of greater than 56 hours will be supplemented by the plantwide overtime list". The company and union interpret that to mean that low to low houred employees in each area group must have a 56 hour spread in order to supplement from the plant wide list. Had that been the intent of the contract it should have stated that so when we voted we knew the intent. We now have the union and company agreeing and the people on the floor disagreeing. Also this plant wants to implement a skill matrix for trades. What can each tradesman do in each department. What a joke!!! We are all journeymen and can figure anything out. This familiar face part of the contract is BS too. This is just a way to get the company's favorite person in on overtime whille locking out the low houred employee.

That post was not meant for you, you're one of the people who have made a valid point.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO she can tell the tradesmen that brad agree to it,and now he don't understand it ,now he pass the blame to someone else..TAKE OWNERSHIP is what HE needs to do.

Look, you need to be a little more clear. I have a hard time understanding your posts. Randy our chairman is the final word in the plant, not a committeeman. For some reason we can't seem to keep one area group within a 56 hour spread let alone a plantwide list. The company isn't following the language and Randy needs to enforce it. That is how it works at unionized plants.

Edited by Baron Von Munchenhausen

Baron.. Your comments are right on target.

Remember when the Union did something about the hours spread? Now it's 200+ hours and Randy is good with it. In fact he is doing the same thing to his own committee - picking and choosing who works.

Is this really a unionized UAW plant if the Chairman ignores our contract and allows the Company to interpret it to their advantage?

Edited by ldf

Look, you need to be a little more clear. I have a hard time understanding your posts. Randy our chairman is the final word in the plant, not a committeeman. For some reason we can't seem to keep one area group within a 56 hour spread let alone a plantwide list. The company isn't following the language and Randy needs to enforce it. That is how it works at unionized plants.

Baron u must realize that Realitycheck = Bob Herrick, he has always struggled with spelling and sentence structure, just don't hold that against him, there's better things...

As for Randy Newsome , ldf hit the nail on the head, how can the trades or for that matter the rest of us expect him to uphold the local contract on ot hrs spread when his own committee cannot? Next time your up in the union office, and I use that term union loosely, ask him why the committee ot hours are no longer posted for the membership to see? What are they hiding?

We need to to send a message next election.

Edited by theTRUTHhurts

theTRUTHhurts......We need to to send a message next election..............................

Yes.... why wait until next election..

Because that's the only time they actually listen. Haven't you noticed all the grievences and hearings that go the membership's way at election time? I hate to say it, but representation seems to be based on how important your vote is.

Because that's the only time they actually listen. Haven't you noticed all the grievences and hearings that go the membership's way at election time? I hate to say it, but representation seems to be based on how important your vote is.

For Randy Newsome it is, it is all about the vote, that is why he is pushing a guys who has ZERO experiance to run for Vice President of the Local, unbelievable, I could not believe it when I heard it, Hey this guy is a sargent at arms, lets vote him in because he is one on "MY GUYS", thank goodness I am not over there in Local 400 anymore, what a frickin wack job. Must be trying to set himself up for his next election.

For Randy Newsome it is, it is all about the vote, that is why he is pushing a guys who has ZERO experiance to run for Vice President of the Local, unbelievable, I could not believe it when I heard it, Hey this guy is a sargent at arms, lets vote him in because he is one on "MY GUYS", thank goodness I am not over there in Local 400 anymore, what a frickin wack job. Must be trying to set himself up for his next election.

Maybe zero experience is what we need. Look where "experience" has gotten us.

LOL....!! I would not consider Randy "experienced" except maybe in throwing back some cold ones at The Office, making secret deals with the Company that benefit him, making a spectacle of himself on the plant floor and sabotaging and talking s.... about Verellen the entire time he was in office. This all kind of reminds me of that Bush billboard.. "Do you miss me yet?"

Randy's "leadership" is hurting us.. his actions indicate he does not want us to put our differences aside and stand together like a real Union and insist the contract is followed. Newsumes recommendation that an inexperienced SOA run for VP of the Local 400 shows how desperate he is to get one of his followers in place... Come on .. this is business... we are fighting to keep our jobs.

Seriously... If we don't get someone in office that can stand up to the Company and insist the contract is followed.. the Company will keep us on the losing end.. little by little.. that CAN'T happen..

Maybe zero experience is what we need. Look where "experience" has gotten us.

Sorry this thread is getting off topic....But

Future,if your not happy with the current chairman why on earth would you consider endorsing an candidate that he is pushing?

I don't necessarily disagree that some new blood in the union is a bad thing in fact it should be promoted, But there should be stepping stones for people who want to pursue careers in union politics. I don't think throwing "non experienced" people at the VP of the local is gonna benefit any of us, plus I don't think is fair to that person being thrown.

Sorry this thread is getting off topic....But

Future,if your not happy with the current chairman why on earth would you consider endorsing an candidate that he is pushing?

I don't necessarily disagree that some new blood in the union is a bad thing in fact it should be promoted, But there should be stepping stones for people who want to pursue careers in union politics. I don't think throwing "non experienced" people at the VP of the local is gonna benefit any of us, plus I don't think is fair to that person being thrown.

Who said future is not happy with the current chairman....he sucks up to him like he sucked up to everyone else that was in office...it's just the way he rolls. First he's anti Tony and then "oh, Tony's not that bad", and then Randy's a great guy, oh then "Tell us what Randy did wrong". This future is all over the board! The only thing we can all agree on is he doesn't know what he wants. I'm really surprised that he doesn't jump into this race, like he has in the past. Because Randy told him not to run against his guy Derrick...

Who said future is not happy with the current chairman....he sucks up to him like he sucked up to everyone else that was in office...it's just the way he rolls. First he's anti Tony and then "oh, Tony's not that bad", and then Randy's a great guy, oh then "Tell us what Randy did wrong". This future is all over the board! The only thing we can all agree on is he doesn't know what he wants. I'm really surprised that he doesn't jump into this race, like he has in the past. Because Randy told him not to run against his guy Derrick...

Let's see you back that statement up with some facts, or is this another one of your "I hate Al statements"?

Let's see you back that statement up with some facts, or is this another one of your "I hate Al statements"?

There you go again, "future"... don't you just hate it that we got you all figured out?

So give us the "facts" on what it is you do to represent the membership and the "facts" of what you have done to influence Newsume to follow our contract. What IS it that you do for us??

There you go again, "future"... don't you just hate it that we got you all figured out?

So give us the "facts" on what it is you do to represent the membership and the "facts" of what you have done to influence Newsume to follow our contract. What IS it that you do for us??

Randy does what he thinks is right and I don't always agree him. Why not ask me a more specific question?

This thread is trash.

If I were management who made decisions on putting product in plants and read this thread. What do you think would happen?

Product would be going elsewhere like Cleveland. Not Romeo.

If I were a customer or general public and read this thread. What do you think would happen?

My purchase would go to a different manufacturer.

This thread makes Romeo look disfunctional. Hopefully you will see it from a outside perspective how foolish this thread really is.............

louie

What do you think management ALREADY thinks when the Romeo Chairman goes to Dearborn to look for work for Romeo?

This thread is no worse then the internationally televised spectacle of Ford leadership comments made at the Senate hearings.

What do you think the general public and customers thought then? How much business do you think we lost to different manufacturers because of it??

The Romeo Chairman and Romeo management are aware of problems and appear intent to create more by their actions.

The membership needs leadership.

louie

What do you think management ALREADY thinks when the Romeo Chairman goes to Dearborn to look for work for Romeo?

This thread is no worse then the internationally televised spectacle of Ford leadership comments made at the Senate hearings.

What do you think the general public and customers thought then? How much business do you think we lost to different manufacturers because of it??

The Romeo Chairman and Romeo management are aware of problems and appear intent to create more by their actions.

The membership needs leadership.

I can only tell you this posting is not helping Romeo at all.

Trash the Chairman

Trash the President

Trash the Committeemen

Trash the Management

Offer no resolution other than political BS.

Meanwhile>>>>>

New product goes into Cleveland again.

Do you see any fools from Cleveland on here complaining about local issues. Hell no.......... They are smarter that the posters on this thread. Cleveland membership knows there is 1 too many engine plants in the system. They take care of local issues in house not on the internet.

Good luck.

Word of advice......

Dont air dirty laundry.

This thread is trash.

If I were management who made decisions on putting product in plants and read this thread. What do you think would happen?

Product would be going elsewhere like Cleveland. Not Romeo.

My purchase would go to a different manufacturer.

This thread makes Romeo look disfunctional. Hopefully you will see it from a outside perspective how foolish this thread really is.............

Are you serious? Look, I started this because I have nowhere else to go when the plant chairman is not enforcing the contract. I am a dues paying union member and I like being part of a union, but representration here is non existent. I have called the servicing representative and still have no luck. The local union is dysfunctional and management here is taking advantage of the non union leadership. I'm all for a great working relationship with management, but we need the contract enforced on both sides, not just to benefit the company. Go buy a Toyota just hold on!