I point my boss in the direction of a new Fusion...

roush235

Let's just say my boss is not a "car guy." I have worked for him for many years, and we know each other well. He knows I am a "car guy," and knows Fords are my specialty (I have posters of Mustangs on my office walls). He buys new cars very infrequently; his current car is a 92 Accord. A few weeks ago he came to me and asked, "what is Ford's equivalent to an Accord?" My reply was, "it's a Fusion, a very nice car, it has risen to the top of many reliability and desirability surveys, Motor Trend Car of the Year, my daughter has an 06 which has been a great car, you need to go look at one."

Soon he came looking for more info. I proceeded to show him how to build and price the car online, and how you can learn much about the car in the process. Then I showed him how to search dealer inventory, and pulled up a couple models I thought he would like. I then described some of the features listed on the window sticker, such as Sync and BLIS. He thought those items were really great new technology. Interestingly, one of the features he thought was most interesting was the rear sensors (the "beepers"). That has been around long enough that I take it for granted, but for him it was something new and exciting.

Later I described to him how X-plan works (we qualify through our employer), and how it makes the negotiating painless.

After one week of looking, he came back with a few more questions. Then this morning he came in all excited and told me he had bought a new SEL, V-6, Package 302A, Atlantis Green/Camel. What sold him were the technological features on the car, the ease of the X-plan, and the fact that it was nearly $5000 cheaper than the comparable Accord he was looking at. In passing he also mentioned that he was proud to have supported Ford in his own small way, as a reward for their corporate plans/successes of the past year.

I found the whole experience fun, and perhaps representative of a typical "non car guy" thought process.

That's a great story. This is the type of buyer Ford needs to target - someone who isn't necessarily brand loyal who is looking for a great value. That's how a Fusion can be marketed. I'm glad your boss took your advice and found a car to his liking and hope it brings him many years of enjoyment.

Eric

Great to hear, roush235!

As a former Honda Accord owner (and current owner of a 2010 Ford Fusion SE 6MT) myself, I too think that Ford, with the Fusion, has built the best Honda Accord yet !

I concur with BlueOval5.0- the Fusion is a great value. In my case, the Fusion SE with rapid spec 202A (using X-Plan and current incentives) cost at least a couple thousand less than the best online price quote I got for a 2010 Honda Accord EX 5MT. The additional amenities in the Fusion (Sirius Satellite Radio, SYNC, foglamps, spoiler, etc.) and the fact it's assembled at Ford's best plant in NA are icing on the cake.

I wish your boss many enjoyable miles in his new Fusion. Maybe you'll get a raise or bonus for the recommendation. ;)

Great to hear, roush235!

As a former Honda Accord owner (and current owner of a 2010 Ford Fusion SE 6MT) myself, I too think that Ford, with the Fusion, has built the best Honda Accord yet !

I concur with BlueOval5.0- the Fusion is a great value. In my case, the Fusion SE with rapid spec 202A (using X-Plan and current incentives) cost at least a couple thousand less than the best online price quote I got for a 2010 Honda Accord EX 5MT. The additional amenities in the Fusion (Sirius Satellite Radio, SYNC, foglamps, spoiler, etc.) and the fact it's assembled at Ford's best plant in NA are icing on the cake.

I wish your boss many enjoyable miles in his new Fusion. Maybe you'll get a raise or bonus for the recommendation. wink.gif

hysterical.gif

You can add Mazda to that list too.

That is exactly what I thought on my first test drive.