AAI losing B shift announcement

deflep1

I bowled today at the Region 1A tournament and spoke with AAI plant chairman Gary Sommerville, and a International rep. Gary S. said Local 900's chairman was told by him and the International this week that they (MAP) will be taking AAI members. Gary and the International also said there will be lots of openings in our zone. They mentioned MAP, DTP, Saline and Sheldon Rd. ( the last two would still be temporary) Gary said there is a small chance that losing a shift could be delayed (or scrapped), Ford is waiting on sales figures and pre-orders on the new 2011 Mustang. The orders would have be VERY high to keep both shifts, but we all knew they wanted to see how the 2011 launched before they cut the shift anyway. Gary said the plan is still to have everything in place by May, giving everyone, including high seniority enough time to weigh their options before they pick. They want everyone to pick at the same time, and not have another plant or two post openings a week after the picks, making some people try to change their minds. They're not exactly sure on what date we'd pick, because it's going to be chaos for awhile. The International said it was working with our local to try to have us on TLO, rather then ILO, if we pick a plant that can't take us immediately. This isn't a done deal yet, and could be a problem if your new plant DOESN'T give you a return to work date. Die W., there isn't a cut off date, everyone in our plant as well as the 600 ILO's nationwide get to pick. Basically the first 1400 workers who choose to stay will be our A shift. Everyone else who picks another plant would go right away after shutdown if that plant CAN take them. If not (MAP & Chicago), you'd wait on TLO (not using sub weeks) or ILO-using up your weeks, until they need you. This is the plan, but if it does become a big mess, it surely wouldn't surprise me. I plan for the worst (expecting to get screwed) and hope for the best. I don't believe this will all go smoothly, but it will eventually get worked out.

Edited by deflep1

I bowled today at the Region 1A tournament and spoke with AAI plant chairman Gary Sommerville, and a International rep. Gary S. said Local 900's chairman was told by him and the International this week that they (MAP) will be taking AAI members. Gary and the International also said there will be lots of openings in our zone. They mentioned MAP, DTP, Saline and Sheldon Rd. ( the last two would still be temporary) Gary said there is a small chance that losing a shift could be delayed (or scrapped), Ford is waiting on sales figures and pre-orders on the new 2011 Mustang. The orders would have be VERY high to keep both shifts, but we all knew they wanted to see how the 2011 launched before they cut the shift anyway. Gary said the plan is still to have everything in place by May, giving everyone, including high seniority enough time to weigh their options before they pick. They want everyone to pick at the same time, and not have another plant or two post openings a week after the picks, making some people try to change their minds. They're not exactly sure on what date we'd pick, because it's going to be chaos for awhile. The International said it was working with our local to try to have us on TLO, rather then ILO, if we pick a plant that can't take us immediately. This isn't a done deal yet, and could be a problem if your new plant DOESN'T give you a return to work date. Die W., there isn't a cut off date, everyone in our plant as well as the 600 ILO's nationwide get to pick. Basically the first 1400 workers who choose to stay will be our A shift. Everyone else who picks another plant would go right away after shutdown if that plant CAN take them. If not (MAP & Chicago), you'd wait on TLO (not using sub weeks) or ILO-using up your weeks, until they need you. This is the plan, but if it does become a big mess, it surely wouldn't surprise me. I plan for the worst (expecting to get screwed) and hope for the best. I don't believe this will all go smoothly, but it will eventually get worked out.

I meant that after everyone has been canvassed and those who get to stay at AAI, thats what I meant by cutoff. Those that are not staying at AAI will not be placed until the end of this year or early next year. Yes there are openings but before they can be filled RTBU have to be filled first and I was told that that want happen until November because of all the confusion. Like I said if you dont get to stay at AAI be prepared for a vacation..................So everyday information changes, I talked with the union and higher ups in mangaement and they both said that its a lot of confusion and its going to take a while for everyone to get placed...........

I meant that after everyone has been canvassed and those who get to stay at AAI, thats what I meant by cutoff. Those that are not staying at AAI will not be placed until the end of this year or early next year. Yes there are openings but before they can be filled RTBU have to be filled first and I was told that that want happen until November because of all the confusion. Like I said if you dont get to stay at AAI be prepared for a vacation..................So everyday information changes, I talked with the union and higher ups in mangaement and they both said that its a lot of confusion and its going to take a while for everyone to get placed...........

dude, you might come across better if you say nothing. then we could understand you.