AAI losing B shift announcement

deflep1

Not true. The 2007 agreement clearly states that JSP or ILO locations including active at those locations can sign up for open bids. Chicago and MAP will be available to active as well.

Bidding is open to everyone at ILO locations.

I am sure that there will be training before anyone goes.

It also says only people on ILO at those locations can apply. Bidding is not available to anyone at those locations. If you only had 50 people on ILO 900 could not apply.

Bidding is open to everyone not just people on ILO.....When DTP cut a shift in June 2008 and job postings went up active employees could bid on the jobs too....

Are you trying to tell me that any active employee in the zone or out of zone can just bid on these jobs and if they have high seniority they can just leave their plant and move to another plant? That won't happen with all those ILO's out there waiting for the oppertunity of a job opening. Some have been waiting for years and an active employee would just step in front of them. I don't think so.

Are you trying to tell me that any active employee in the zone or out of zone can just bid on these jobs and if they have high seniority they can just leave their plant and move to another plant? That won't happen with all those ILO's out there waiting for the oppertunity of a job opening. Some have been waiting for years and an active employee would just step in front of them. I don't think so.

Read this slowly.

ILO and active at ILO locations can sign openings when they occur.

(Example) MAP posts for 300 openings. All locations in zone 1 with people in ILO status can sign the posting. If AAI has people in ILO then the whole plant active and ILO can sign the posting.

Read this slowly.

ILO and active at ILO locations can sign openings when they occur.

(Example) MAP posts for 300 openings. All locations in zone 1 with people in ILO status can sign the posting. If AAI has people in ILO then the whole plant active and ILO can sign the posting.

OK I think I understand. But can a number greater than the number of people in ILO at that plant move?

OK I think I understand. But can a number greater than the number of people in ILO at that plant move?

No. The number of ILO is the number of excess at any given location. So if there are ten people on ILO at your location only ten will be able to leave on a posting.

No. The number of ILO is the number of excess at any given location. So if there are ten people on ILO at your location only ten will be able to leave on a posting.

which means aprox. 950 people will be laid off from AAI. If you have high seniority and want to leave, you can. Even if there are ILO at AAI. You may not think its fair Louie, but I think seniority people were getting tired of lower seniority having the pick of the litter. When, seniority people feel they should have the right to choose first due to heirarchy. Honestly, I dont blame them either. I was at Wixom, and they were doing a layoff around 2000, and people with 1-3 yrs seniority were going to parts depots in Arizona,Texas, and Colorado. I know I wanted to go and couldnt because the lower seniority were being forced.

which means aprox. 950 people will be laid off from AAI. If you have high seniority and want to leave, you can. Even if there are ILO at AAI. You may not think its fair Louie, but I think seniority people were getting tired of lower seniority having the pick of the litter. When, seniority people feel they should have the right to choose first due to heirarchy. Honestly, I dont blame them either. I was at Wixom, and they were doing a layoff around 2000, and people with 1-3 yrs seniority were going to parts depots in Arizona,Texas, and Colorado. I know I wanted to go and couldnt because the lower seniority were being forced.

You are not making much sence but I hope you get your way. If they use use your method this may trun out to be a cluster ----. Your not the only plant out there waiting for an opening.

You are not making much sence but I hope you get your way. If they use use your method this may trun out to be a cluster ----. Your not the only plant out there waiting for an opening.

what part of it doesnt make sense? RTBU's have first rights back to their plant, in this case MAP. After that, seniority, has first dibs on job placements until they get their number(950). Makes perfect sense to me! How many plants in zone are on ILO? If there are more then AAI laying off a shift, then I was unaware and am sorry, but this topic is about AAI going to one shift.

Edited by el norte

I did not say whether it was fair or not (really should be the way it is now by seniority) . I do remember how it was before the "07 agreement and I remember higher seniority wanted the option. In fact a friend of mine was in the same situation as you and wanted to transfer but could not because he was not in GEN or ILO. He was so pissed about it that he wrote a resolution on it before the 07 agreement. I am sure his resolution was not the only one turned in.

Yes an active employee can sign a posting and then someone on ILO would take that active persons spot.....Thats the rules......Happened at DTP.......Active employees signed for Wayne and ILO were put back to work at DTP to take there spot..

Yep

Yes an active employee can sign a posting and then someone on ILO would take that active persons spot.....Thats the rules......Happened at DTP.......Active employees signed for Wayne and ILO were put back to work at DTP to take there spot..

What happened in the past was one person was put on ILO and twelve active employees moved to another plant. The international said oops we'll keep an eye on that in the future.

• Like 1

MTP'er said in the Local 900 union meeting posting(3/14/10-1:54 pm) that MAP is only letting the RTBU's return to Wayne,(then over to MAP when it opens late this year) and they're not accepting anyone else. Other plants, including AAI and the International are saying a lot of AAI workers will be able to transfer to MAP. Is this just local 900 trying to protect its' own workers, or are we going to be shut out of the chance to stay in Michigan? MTP'er posts good info, so I don't doubt what he posted about the local 900 union meeting. We've got 600 workers who have to leave in July. They're cutting 900, but the bottom 300 are temp loan ins who will go back to their home plants. There are also about 600 ILO's nationwide and they get to pick by seniority at the same time we do. That's 1,200 workers who need somewhere to go. Chicago needs about 1,100 workers late this year, and they might be the only plant taking a significant amount of workers. There are rumors about Saline replacing up to 500 Orange workers (ACH) with Blue (Ford) workers, but even if that happens, those would still be temp loan out jobs only good until the end of this contract. If that was the only way to be able to stay in the state, a lot of us would have to consider going to Saline, then try to pick MAP when they start up a third shift in May 2011.(Saline's local denies taking any more Ford workers, so who knows?) This is getting very confusing when our local and others say MAP will be open to pick, and Wayne's local says other than RTBU's, it's not going to be open. Hopefully they get this figured out soon. We were told by the union they'd have all this sorted out by May, and we'd know what plants were going to be open to pick, but I'm doubtful everything will be settled by then.

MTP'er said in the Local 900 union meeting posting(3/14/10-1:54 pm) that MAP is only letting the RTBU's return to Wayne,(then over to MAP when it opens late this year) and they're not accepting anyone else. Other plants, including AAI and the International are saying a lot of AAI workers will be able to transfer to MAP. Is this just local 900 trying to protect its' own workers, or are we going to be shut out of the chance to stay in Michigan? MTP'er posts good info, so I don't doubt what he posted about the local 900 union meeting. We've got 600 workers who have to leave in July. They're cutting 900, but the bottom 300 are temp loan ins who will go back to their home plants. There are also about 600 ILO's nationwide and they get to pick by seniority at the same time we do. That's 1,200 workers who need somewhere to go. Chicago needs about 1,100 workers late this year, and they might be the only plant taking a significant amount of workers. There are rumors about Saline replacing up to 500 Orange workers (ACH) with Blue (Ford) workers, but even if that happens, those would still be temp loan out jobs only good until the end of this contract. If that was the only way to be able to stay in the state, a lot of us would have to consider going to Saline, then try to pick MAP when they start up a third shift in May 2011.(Saline's local denies taking any more Ford workers, so who knows?) This is getting very confusing when our local and others say MAP will be open to pick, and Wayne's local says other than RTBU's, it's not going to be open. Hopefully they get this figured out soon. We were told by the union they'd have all this sorted out by May, and we'd know what plants were going to be open to pick, but I'm doubtful everything will be settled by then.

I Just know I get to go in tomorrow morning to Saline Ford/Visteon/jcl(oops)/ach and work like a dog. arf arf. Tuesday? Who knows? Hang in there Flep.

I Just know I get to go in tomorrow morning to Saline Ford/Visteon/jcl(oops)/ach and work like a dog. arf arf. Tuesday? Who knows? Hang in there Flep.

I plan to bowl on Sat. at 1p.m. at the Region 1A tournament at Thunderbowl Lanes. I will be asking the Wayne local chairman, as well as AAI's chairman and the International reps what exactly is going on. Is Wayne or MAP (once it starts up late this year), taking any AAI workers? Their chairman right now says no...just the RTBU's (MI Truck people returning home to the new MAP). Ford and the international both said in the last month MAP was to be taking a significant amount of AAI workers this summer and fall for the transition from Wayne to MAP. Lots could be on TLO, from the time they picked in late June/early July, to the time MAP would need them...late in '10. I need to find out if this is just posturing by local 900 to protect their own workers, or has some other deal been cut, that we don't know about yet? I'll try to talk to all the big wigs and find out what the facts are and post them by late Sat night. If anyone else can find out about Wayne or other plants in the area that might be open for transfered workers when we pick at shutdown, please post it. Don't let the usual last minute games and secret deals fly this time. The earlier we know, the better off we'll be. Ford has screwed over too many workers in the past with last second life decisions that had to be made. Ford should have all this figured out and agreed on by the union sometime in May. We pick either at the end of June(the 24th is our last reg. prod. day), or in early July(the 12th is the date we'd have to be gone). This is different from the low sen. job postings where they get a weekend to decide their futures....which really sucks! We have an entire plant that gets to pick, along with 600 nationwide ILO's picking by seniority. AAI workers can stay at AAI, go to another plant, or hope to bump the lowest sen. in the zone in order to stay in Michigan. The ILO's will be picking open plants(not AAI) and will have to take anything that will keep them working. I have a feeling the 1,100 openings at Chicago will be filled. Not taking the last resort means you have to try to bump out the lowest in zone, and it could be from anywhere in that zone. The first 1400 people who say yes to AAI get to stay, and the other 900 will be moving. The bottom 300 of that 900 are loaned to us on a temp basis and will have to go back to their home plants. So basically the 600 AAI left will be picking at the same time as the 600 nationwide ILO's. It will get quite interesting, rather soon around here! Please post any info you get, Thanks!

I plan to bowl on Sat. at 1p.m. at the Region 1A tournament at Thunderbowl Lanes. I will be asking the Wayne local chairman, as well as AAI's chairman and the International reps what exactly is going on. Is Wayne or MAP (once it starts up late this year), taking any AAI workers? Their chairman right now says no...just the RTBU's (MI Truck people returning home to the new MAP). Ford and the international both said in the last month MAP was to be taking a significant amount of AAI workers this summer and fall for the transition from Wayne to MAP. Lots could be on TLO, from the time they picked in late June/early July, to the time MAP would need them...late in '10. I need to find out if this is just posturing by local 900 to protect their own workers, or has some other deal been cut, that we don't know about yet? I'll try to talk to all the big wigs and find out what the facts are and post them by late Sat night. If anyone else can find out about Wayne or other plants in the area that might be open for transfered workers when we pick at shutdown, please post it. Don't let the usual last minute games and secret deals fly this time. The earlier we know, the better off we'll be. Ford has screwed over too many workers in the past with last second life decisions that had to be made. Ford should have all this figured out and agreed on by the union sometime in May. We pick either at the end of June(the 24th is our last reg. prod. day), or in early July(the 12th is the date we'd have to be gone). This is different from the low sen. job postings where they get a weekend to decide their futures....which really sucks! We have an entire plant that gets to pick, along with 600 nationwide ILO's picking by seniority. AAI workers can stay at AAI, go to another plant, or hope to bump the lowest sen. in the zone in order to stay in Michigan. The ILO's will be picking open plants(not AAI) and will have to take anything that will keep them working. I have a feeling the 1,100 openings at Chicago will be filled. Not taking the last resort means you have to try to bump out the lowest in zone, and it could be from anywhere in that zone. The first 1400 people who say yes to AAI get to stay, and the other 900 will be moving. The bottom 300 of that 900 are loaned to us on a temp basis and will have to go back to their home plants. So basically the 600 AAI left will be picking at the same time as the 600 nationwide ILO's. It will get quite interesting, rather soon around here! Please post any info you get, Thanks!

I'm hearing that the one shift deal is being pushed back or not even happen. Pretty good sources too. They told me it was a strong rumor.

Most of the bottom 300 TLO's don't have a plant to go back to so they will be added to the 600 ILO's you talk about. And won't the layed off people from AAI be put into ILO too?

I'm hearing that the one shift deal is being pushed back or not even happen. Pretty good sources too. They told me it was a strong rumor.

el norte, I've heard the same rumor for weeks. Unless there is a third vehicle they intend to make within the next year, then it's unlikely to keep both shifts going past shutdown. They have talked about a third car in the past, but nothing ever seems to happen on it. I hope I'm wrong and we keep both shifts, but I have to plan for the worst. My 13 years should give me a chance to stay in Michigan, and I would take anywhere here over Chicago in a heartbeat!

Most of the bottom 300 TLO's don't have a plant to go back to so they will be added to the 600 ILO's you talk about. And won't the layed off people from AAI be put into ILO too?

tsquare, the union said the company's plan is to place everyone(if possible), so there aren't any workers on ILO. The lowest seniority would be offered buyouts. We are all supposed to pick what plant to go to. If that plant isn't ready to use us yet, then we would be on TLO from the new plant until they start their third shift or need more workers. I don't know if this will actually happen, but they say it's the plan. Yes, some of the bottom 300 would have to pick a new plant if theirs had closed. Ford wants to hire $14 an hour new hires by next year, so they have to place everyone, or get them to take a buyout, to make that happen. Ford has a good chance to keep gaining market share and plans to sell more European models here next year and possibly make some here within 2 years. I think they will do everything they can to make it possible to hire the new lower wage workers as soon as they possibly can. If they leave a lot of workers on ILO, that prevents them from bringing $14 people in. I know they would love to try to get us to use up all our sub+tap weeks, but in the end it hurts them more!

tsquare, the union said the company's plan is to place everyone(if possible), so there aren't any workers on ILO. The lowest seniority would be offered buyouts. We are all supposed to pick what plant to go to. If that plant isn't ready to use us yet, then we would be on TLO from the new plant until they start their third shift or need more workers. I don't know if this will actually happen, but they say it's the plan. Yes, some of the bottom 300 would have to pick a new plant if theirs had closed. Ford wants to hire $14 an hour new hires by next year, so they have to place everyone, or get them to take a buyout, to make that happen. Ford has a good chance to keep gaining market share and plans to sell more European models here next year and possibly make some here within 2 years. I think they will do everything they can to make it possible to hire the new lower wage workers as soon as they possibly can. If they leave a lot of workers on ILO, that prevents them from bringing $14 people in. I know they would love to try to get us to use up all our sub+tap weeks, but in the end it hurts them more!

Spoke with a union official yesterday, and he stated that this whole situation is on big mess! Those were his exact words. He also said that They won't be done with all the RTBU's until probably Nov 2010. ANd that the people that are laid off wont be picked up until the early part of next year because the system is so screwed up. The last week of June is a scheduled layoff week and the following week is a shut down week and after that everyone that doesn"t make the cut will be layoff until further notice......So plan for a nice vacation.....

Don't look to be sitting around on TLO til your new plant picks you up.....FORD didn't put a limit on sub weeks so you could sit around on TLO and not burn them up,you will be ILO cause that benefits the company,TLO does nothing for the company!

I believe you are right. I can't find the book when I need it but I think a TLO has a definate time period not to exceed 12 weeks. And an ILO is more indefinate with the using of your sub credits per your seniority, and Insurance too.

Don't look to be sitting around on TLO til your new plant picks you up.....FORD didn't put a limit on sub weeks so you could sit around on TLO and not burn them up,you will be ILO cause that benefits the company,TLO does nothing for the company!

If you don't have a RTW date you are most likely going to be ILO'ed.