2012 F-150 All new model?

mmbr

Does anyone know if the 2012 F-150 be an all new model?

Pickuptrucks.com thinks so but I have heard from others that it may be the 2013 F150 that gets the remodel.

http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/future/ford/12f150.html

Its all speculation (I've read it too) I'll be surprised if its all new in 2012. They only start building 2011s in late Nov '10. And they'll have 3-4 new engines so I think the could "milk" that for sales for at least 2 model years.... don't you? IMHO I predict 2013 model at absolute earliest.

2004 New

2005 same

2006 slight change

2007 same

2008 same

2009 MAJOR refresh. frame/suspension sheetmetal interior etc

2010 same (new front brakes/rear head rests)

2011 new engines 3.7V6/5.0 V8/3.5EB/? 6.2L V8

2012 slight changes possibly

2013 ALL NEW

Power Kid,

In 2008, Ford said all models would receive major redesigns every 3 years, and you and I have already debated this on another site.

I was hoping to hear from someone with actual knowledge of the situation.

Edited by mmbr

Power Kid,

In 2008, Ford said all models would receive major redesigns every 3 years, and you and I have already debated this on another site.

I was hoping to hear from someone with actual knowledge of the situation.

So you think despite the fact the 2011 F150 will hit dealers lots at the end of 2010 (best case scenario) with 3 or 4 new engines, somehow within the 12 months following that they'd unveil a 100% brand new F150.

ok

I mean I hope your correct, who wouldn't like an all new top to bottom F150. By all means keep looking. Good luck. I'll be the first one on this and other forums apologizing...

2012 would mean 8 years since an all new model. I don't care what year the new model comes. I am just looking for info from someone who really knows.

Please note that the article was posted in the spring of 2008, it was only a guess back then and meaningless now.

Please note that the article was posted in the spring of 2008, it was only a guess back then and meaningless now.

I know when the article was written. As of 2010, Mike Levine still believes it will be 2012. If you don't know what year it will be, please do not reply. I am just looking for the model year, not an argument. If nobody knows or can say here, that is ok, too.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

they will be doing the redesigning in 2012, 2013 late build is probably more like it.

they want to milk the raptor and new engines for a year or more I would think.

Calender year 2012 I can believe. Model year 2012 makes no sense as stated above.

Hey I hope your right.

But I don't believe it. We ALWAYS see some spy shots well in advance of the debut. So far ZIP. And like I've stated So many times, why does 2011s production start in Nov 2010 and then a ALL NEW truck in less than a year. I don't think Ford has $$$ to blow. But you think that that production schedule is wrong too. Again hope your right.

Oh and if you DID KNOW, you couldn't say anyway. Unless you don't want your job. So we'll see. :reading:

all I have said has already been reported by other outlets my job is not in question here dont touch that topic again

Sorry I didn't follow those previous threads about your job. I really couldn't care less. Not "touching anything". I apologize for debating your statments. How dare I!

Obviously based on what you've said Ford is doing a tremendous job keeping the all new F150 under wraps and away from prying eyes. Great for business but sux for us customers/fans. I'm half tempted to wait for a all new one in @ 18 months now. Heck my 04 can hold out a little longer. Only has @ 215,000 miles.

I'd think the new one would have some of the new features the new SD has. Locking box below rear seat would be nice! I 'd LOVE a bump in GVW maybe 8,400lbs with higher rear GAWR. New messge center, 110 volt plug woudl all be nice additions. LED lights at least out back. Key will be lighter weight especially in crew cab form.

Sorry I didn't follow those previous threads about your job. I really couldn't care less. Not "touching anything". I apologize for debating your statments. How dare I!

Obviously based on what you've said Ford is doing a tremendous job keeping the all new F150 under wraps and away from prying eyes. Great for business but sux for us customers/fans. I'm half tempted to wait for a all new one in @ 18 months now. Heck my 04 can hold out a little longer. Only has @ 215,000 miles.

I'd think the new one would have some of the new features the new SD has. Locking box below rear seat would be nice! I 'd LOVE a bump in GVW maybe 8,400lbs with higher rear GAWR. New messge center, 110 volt plug woudl all be nice additions. LED lights at least out back. Key will be lighter weight especially in crew cab form.

Lighter weight with an increased GVW is going to be tough. However, I fully agree with the rest of your ideas, especially the 110V plug. All cars should have one, well, maybe not sports cars, but all "every day" cars should.

Lighter weight with an increased GVW is going to be tough. However, I fully agree with the rest of your ideas, especially the 110V plug. All cars should have one, well, maybe not sports cars, but all "every day" cars should.

Honestly, I think the F150 needs to move down in size a bit, the F250 should slot between the current F150 and current F250, and the F350 and up should remain as they are. The F150 should have the 3.7, 5.0, and 3.5 EB, and 3.6L diesel (maybe the 6.2 for Harley), whereas the F250 should have the 6.2 SOHC, 6.2 DOHC and 4.4L diesel. The F350 and up should have the 6.7L diesel and 7.0L gas.

These are just my thoughts. The F150 is a tad too big for grocery getting, and how many people really need the power of the 6.7L diesel? I want an F250 sized just like I stated above with the 4.4L diesel. Will this happen? Who knows, but that's my $0.02!

Well Gm has a higher GVW on their vortec max/max tow units in 07/08/09 (7,300lbs) all while being @ 4-500 lbs lighter than an equivilant F150. It can and has been done. For '10 Ford bumped GVWR/payload and GAWR to at least match GM in real world payload limits. (max tow vs. max tow)

For 2010 Fords max GVW 7,800 (6.5 bed) is exactly 500lbs more than the max GM 7,300.

BTW, this is crew cabs I'm talking about (doesn't include Fords HD pkg which is N/A in Crew)

• 6 months later...

2012 would mean 8 years since an all new model. I don't care what year the new model comes. I am just looking for info from someone who really knows.

I know this is an old comment, but since the thread has been revived, I will correct it.

2009 was an "all-new model". New frame, all new sheet metal. It may not look it, but it is what it is.