F-150 Bed Door?

synchro242

My parent's (in Michigan) sent me some pictures of an F-150 with a door in the front of the box. Did this ever go into production? Mule?

post-21154-12662848642298_thumb.jpg

post-21154-12662848695749_thumb.jpg

Yes we have been building them in Kansas City for a couple of years now, they call it a mid box, we build a truck on a chassis that should have a 8' bed but put a 6' bed on it, then it gets shipped to Magna where they paint to match and install the mid box.

I've seen some local contractors, and roadside service trucks with these, some keep generators and air compressors in them so they stay out of the elements and can be locked up.

Yes we have been building them in Kansas City for a couple of years now, they call it a mid box, we build a truck on a chassis that should have a 8' bed but put a 6' bed on it, then it gets shipped to Magna where they paint to match and install the mid box.

I've seen some local contractors, and roadside service trucks with these, some keep generators and air compressors in them so they stay out of the elements and can be locked up.

Just curious, did this option carry over to the redesigned 2009 models (and beyond)?

----

I believe it's only offered to fleet customers, though.