If you plan on transferring to Chicago

imageneral

Just wanted to give you a lil heads up if you plan on transferring to Chicago that you will probably want to live in Indiana. You will not have to pay the high Crook County taxes of Illinois. If you have any questions about real estate you can contact my friend Lori Olson, Remax 2000, 708-426-3988. Or send me an email on here and I will try and help answer any questions you might have about living in the chicago land area.

Just wanted to give you a lil heads up if you plan on transferring to Chicago that you will probably want to live in Indiana. You will not have to pay the high Crook County taxes of Illinois. If you have any questions about real estate you can contact my friend Lori Olson, Remax 2000, 708-426-3988. Or send me an email on here and I will try and help answer any questions you might have about living in the chicago land area.

Or myself that live in the NorthWest reg on Indiana......... Some areas you want to live in and some areas you dont want to even live near....... GOOD LUCK.......

• Like 1

from everything I've been researching,I've not found a nice place to live yet..............Crime seems to be high and very expensive!

I agree. From what I've seen, Michigan city looks somewhat nice. If I transfer, I would be renting at least for the first year to see where I would be comfortable at. Most of the areas I looked at were not too much different then my current location. I did notice downtown was pretty pricey though.

Edited by el norte

Hope you guys don't mind me posting, but I like in the SW Suburbs of Chicago and have friends in NW Indiana. A friend's father who worked at CAP (since retired) lives in Schererville, IN, always seemed like a nice place to me. A couple cities worth looking at in my opinion are Schererville/Merriville/Hobart, Crown Point, Highland, and Munster. Michigan City seems like a hike to me.

Hope you guys don't mind me posting, but I like in the SW Suburbs of Chicago and have friends in NW Indiana. A friend's father who worked at CAP (since retired) lives in Schererville, IN, always seemed like a nice place to me. A couple cities worth looking at in my opinion are Schererville/Merriville/Hobart, Crown Point, Highland, and Munster. Michigan City seems like a hike to me.

Just outside of crown point indiana, 10 minutes from schererville/merriville \\ www.lofs.org great place to live !!!!

http://www.lofs.org/vt1.htm for a Virtual Tour

Lakes of the Four Seasons (LOFS) is a private, gated community of about 10,000 residents located half-way between Crown Point and Valparaiso, Indiana. The community has its own private security force, four lakes, an 18 hole championship golf course, parks, playgrounds, athletic fields, tennis courts, beaches, a swimming pool, two restaurants, a clubhouse, and pro-shop. Many clubs and organizations are active within our gates. LOFS has a professional management staff who oversee day-to-day management and maintenance of the common areas and roads, and an elected board of directors of the Property Owners Association (POA) who prepare and oversee the budget and decide policy. A set of restrictive covenants governs construction, maintenance, and general rules of the community through the community through the POA

Although a residential community, with our amenities, the community has a vacation and recreational atmosphere.

Entrance to the community is through a manned, main gate off of 109th Avenue or through a side gate on 117th Street which requires a bar code on the side of the vehicle.

http://www.lofs.org/aboutus.htm

sorry guys, I just

LOVE this place......

yes its $30,000 or $35,000 now,,,,,so after taxes you get

about $18,000 more or less.

There are 2 moving allowances. Enhanced which is a maximum of $30,000 but you only get $6,000 up front then an additional $16,000 after you are at the new plant(over 50 miles). With this option you give up your RTBU rights also!!

The other option is Basic where you get $4,800 and keep your RTBU rights!!

There are 2 moving allowances. Enhanced which is a maximum of $30,000 but you only get $6,000 up front then an additional $16,000 after you are at the new plant(over 50 miles). With this option you give up your RTBU rights also!!

The other option is Basic where you get $4,800 and keep your RTBU rights!!

I'm assuming that the 6k+16k is after taxes? I dont see AAI sticking around forever anyway. The plant hasnt been stable since it opened. Everyday there's a new rumor with that place. Plus, I don't see it being a big deal to transfer back to michigan someday if something were to happen in Chicago. just my opinion of course

http://www.uaw.org/contracts/07/ford/hrly/ford_hr07.php

Edited by el norte

I'm assuming that the 6k+16k is after taxes? I dont see AAI sticking around forever anyway. The plant hasnt been stable since it opened. Everyday there's a new rumor with that place. Plus, I don't see it being a big deal to transfer back to michigan someday if something were to happen in Chicago. just my opinion of course

http://www.uaw.org/contracts/07/ford/hrly/ford_hr07.php

These are before taxes (there is an additional $8,000, if you are there a year later), but don't forget you can't go back to MI(no Return To Basic Unit rights) with the Enhanced Allowance. Good Luck!