Ford's sales up 43% for February

Pumpmaster

Let's hope this is sustainable: http://www.detnews.com/article/20100302/AUTO01/3020399/1148/auto01/Ford-sales-jump-43--as-Big-3-gains--Toyota-slips--starts-ad-blitz

If this continues, it should help our chances of getting everyone back to work in a permanent job, somewhere.

i sure hope you get a permanent job

Problem? management is the only ones getting anything out of this hourly is fucked TASK+, LINE SPEED INCREASES = pay increases for salary only :banghead:

Edited by flipuaw164
  • Like 1

i sure hope you get a permanent job

Problem? management is the only ones getting anything out of this hourly is fucked TASK+, LINE SPEED INCREASES = pay increases for salary only :banghead:

I guess you are forgetting about the jobs Ford is adding at Chicago Assembly (1600 jobs), Chicago Stamping, and Cleveland Engine from what I can gather... Not to mention as Ford's marketshare increases, there is a possibility of adding shifts at other facilities to meet the demands of the customer. Isn't that a good thing?

• Like 1

Let's hope this is sustainable: http://www.detnews.com/article/20100302/AUTO01/3020399/1148/auto01/Ford-sales-jump-43--as-Big-3-gains--Toyota-slips--starts-ad-blitz

If this continues, it should help our chances of getting everyone back to work in a permanent job, somewhere.

Let's hope brotha'... I Know Ford stock has been mighty kind to my Tesphe account this past year and a half. But having a permanent Job somewhere, sure would be the icing on the cake.

We certainly seem to have some nice products coming out in the next couple of years. If we can just keep taking advantage of the competition's missteps and continue to build a quality product, I think sales will only increase. But that's where all the warm and fuzzy crap comes to a screeching halt for us mechanical tradesmen. I personally feel that Ford has a very bright future, but unfortunately it doesn't involve us. I can't speak for all the Mechanical trades, but I know that Ford doesn't seem to be replacing Millwrights that have retired or taken buyouts. Buildings that once required 40 millwrights to maintain, have only gotten older and more decrepit, yet somehow now only require 10 millwrights. I do think the increased sales will create openings, but not for tradesmen.

Reporting Live from Purgatory, Mr. Ballsonya..... BlueOvalNews.

Edited by mrballsonya
  • Like 1

I guess you are forgetting about the jobs Ford is adding at Chicago Assembly (1600 jobs), Chicago Stamping, and Cleveland Engine from what I can gather... Not to mention as Ford's marketshare increases, there is a possibility of adding shifts at other facilities to meet the demands of the customer. Isn't that a good thing?

yeah its a good thing if you want to live in chicago michigan or ohio

lets wait and see how many bale outa kcap and follow the escape to louisville ?

I hear alot of people talking about it because they prefer LAP TO CAP OR WORSE A JOB IN "MICHIGAN"

And I wish everyone the best because the last plant with a new product KCAP with the Transit the F-150 and F-100 will have the most entry level workers :( :angry:

and there we go down hill AND THAT HURTS ALL OF US

Honestly how many of you would do the work we do for 14 dollars an hour :whipped:

NOT ME

Edited by flipuaw164

... And KC BOB just shit all over the only piece of good news on this forum with nothing but facts and the truth!

:doh:

I wasn't trying to ruin anybody's day but Ford themselves made this statement and have said in the past that fleet sales are at best marginally profitable....I'd like to see more retail sales but you gotta take what you get....

I wasn't trying to ruin anybody's day but Ford themselves made this statement and have said in the past that fleet sales are at best marginally profitable....I'd like to see more retail sales but you gotta take what you get....

KC Bob is somewhat correct, but I just wanted to clarify our sales for the month so everyone can be extremely proud of the February sales reported yesterday.. Retail sales were up 28% from February 2009 which was the best in the industry. Fleet sales were up, but those only made up about 15% of our total sales which is a good thing. There are two different types of fleet sales you need to be aware of and 1) commercial (UPS or UHAUL) for example and the other is to the rental car companies. Many of the fleet sales for February were for commercial such as Escapes, E-series, F-series, etc... and that is a good thing. Reason is because this shows the economy is beginning to come back because companies are starting to spend money and buy new vehicles.

I hope this helps and we should all be very excited about the future of this company because we just outsold GM for the first time in a very LONG time and our market share is up over 3 points from one year ago in February.

yeah its a good thing if you want to live in chicago michigan or ohio

lets wait and see how many bale outa kcap and follow the escape to louisville ?

I hear alot of people talking about it because they prefer LAP TO CAP OR WORSE A JOB IN "MICHIGAN"

And I wish everyone the best because the last plant with a new product KCAP with the Transit the F-150 and F-100 will have the most entry level workers :( :angry:

and there we go down hill AND THAT HURTS ALL OF US

Honestly how many of you would do the work we do for 14 dollars an hour :whipped:

NOT ME

we (KC) cant follow the escape to Louisville.

Let's hope brotha'... I Know Ford stock has been mighty kind to my Tesphe account this past year and a half. But having a permanent Job somewhere, sure would be the icing on the cake.

We certainly seem to have some nice products coming out in the next couple of years. If we can just keep taking advantage of the competition's missteps and continue to build a quality product, I think sales will only increase. But that's where all the warm and fuzzy crap comes to a screeching halt for us mechanical tradesmen. I personally feel that Ford has a very bright future, but unfortunately it doesn't involve us. I can't speak for all the Mechanical trades, but I know that Ford doesn't seem to be replacing Millwrights that have retired or taken buyouts. Buildings that once required 40 millwrights to maintain, have only gotten older and more decrepit, yet somehow now only require 10 millwrights. I do think the increased sales will create openings, but not for tradesmen.

Reporting Live from Purgatory, Mr. Ballsonya..... BlueOvalNews.

What area or zone are you in?

How many m/w are ILO that you are aware of?

Is there any temp m/w assignment? If so, any idea how many or for how long?

I ask because the east side is becoming depleted and some signs of life are showing.

It is true what you say about not replacing them. They've done their best to thin the ranks.

Hang in there brother, if they are gonna stay manufacturing in N/A, they are gonna need m/w's sooner or later. Let's hope it's sooner! ;)

Thats not what their being told at LAP.

noticed your location... I too came from slap, transferred to KC, and still have my house in st charles. anyway, heard that we could transfer to LAP a couple of weeks ago, but when I asked my

committee man about it, he said NO... (not that he is always right) but makes me wonder if ford is trying to scare lower seniority people at LAP to transfer to Chicago... of course I tend to be

on the paranoid side when it comes to ford.