Spy Shots: Ford Testing 500hp Falcon That Americans Can't Have

hey, OHV 16V, serious question for you

Would mind if a U.S. 'Falcon' had different styling from the current one and wore the badge in my sig?

Not at all. I think something like that would be fantastic for Merc, an excellent piece for some differentiation. As for it being a Cougar, no. I'm speaking from a sedan-perspective. I would buy one (Falcon or Merc of some sort) as a daily driver. I've got a couple of ponies in my stable, no need for a Merc 2-door.

Again, I'll stress that:

this car is Right Hand Drive for Australia and is here for crash testing,

none of this data is related in any way to left hand drive exports.

Falcon is still only a regional program.

Oh I know jpd. But you know my love for the bird from Down Under, won't stop asking for it no matter what. As I said in my post above, would buy one in a heartbeat.

Oh I know jpd. But you know my love for the bird from Down Under, won't stop asking for it no matter what. As I said in my post above, would buy one in a heartbeat.

Strong rumor that blown 5.0 is actually cheaper to build than out going Boss 5.4 4V.

There's only one reason Falcons come to America

and that is to be crashed into a barrier......................:cry:

Well Yes and no - reading another thread.

If the car was in USA for evaluation it would need to be destroyed after 12 months anyway - the best way to take advantage of destroying a car is to crash test it.

So the question now is why was it taken there ? was it for the sole purpose of crashing it, or is that just a legal necessity ?