Local 2280 Van Dyke elections

toolman

Mgm,

you are entitled to your opinion brother but if you don't mind, can you give me an example of when I had Millwright blinders on? Was it when I agreed to let the Toolmakers do rack modifications in order to keep them from getting laid off to the streets? Or was it when I fought like hell and won the Labor Clearance to let the Machine Repair do the z-axis on the Excellos even though Excello was willing to come into the plant and repair the Excellos for free. Was I wearing Millwright glasses when I told the Machine Repair they didn't need a millwright anymore on the 6F assembly line to remove a pallet stop? Or was it when I wrote 700 grievances for overtime violations in 6FM that covered EVERY trade?

Listen Bro, I fully understand (and expected) the perception that Millwrights were being given "special consideration" considering there are 2 Millwrights in office but it would be nice if i was judged on the calls ....... I MADE. Every call I ever made, was done based of lines of demarcation, umpire decisions, past practice, and past grievances. I am willing to sleep in the bed that I made for myself over the last 3 years, (as we all SHOULD be) all I ask is that you judge me based off the calls I made, not what others have said or done.

Well since mgm never came back to give a response I guess I can give you just a few. Can you explain to me how the m/w's were able to get a leader put on in fab shop (Stroz) without a posting every going up for all senority employees to put in for it? All the other trades that are out of leader ratio were told by you that the company would not put any more leaders on because they want to go cordinators. If you say it is because the company wanted one there than that was your opportunity to have them put a leader in another trade, like toolmakers that have one leader for the whole trade. If they say no, then you should not agree to the m/w leader in fab shop, but again I'm sure you were looking out for the best interest of all the trades right?

Can you explain to me how when 6f had a reduction in force last year, 2 m/w's on afternoons were suddenly absorbed in dept. 722 on afternoons? Without a posting again? When the electricians and pipefitters inquired about getting addtional manpower they were told that dept. 722 was at or above there RTO. Where did these 2 magical spots come from? Why were they never posted?

How did the m/w's keep snow removal for an additional year past what the contracted stated? I highly doubt the company kept this work out of the goodness of there heart. Something was given up for one trade to keep this work for an additional year. The cleaners were contracted out in a timely manner according to the contract but the snow removal was on the same page of the contract buy yet it took an additional year to happen.

These are just a couple issues but I don't want to post many more because I don't want to get in the way of you getting elected as plant committee.

Good luck

HelloE,

You first need to get your facts straight.

2nd You need to learn the roles and responsibilities of your elected and appointed union reps. :doh:

I highly doubt you want to go tit for tat concerning manpower on this public forum considering you have no idea what you are talking about.

How many trades are laid off at this plant? Enough said.

Edited by VDTRANSMAN

HelloE,

Question #1) Hobson came to me and wanted a temp. Leader put on for Fab Shop. I agreed to do it just as I agreed to let the press shop put on a additional die Leader. (Chronoswki) The reason it wasn't posted is because it's not permanent. As far as not looking out for any other trade goes, if i wasn't looking out for any other trade why did I file a grievance on behalf of every trade due to leader ratio? You probably didn't know i filed a grievance on behalf of every trade due to Leader ration and that a Die leader was added to the press shop so i guess it's only natural to ASSUME i was only looking out for the millwrights right?

Question #2) When 6F reduced, a lot of trades were forced out. The company wanted to put them all in Dept. 701. The Union refused this because that is not what Dept. 701 was established for. Dept. 701 was established because the company forced too many toolmakers into the plant and refused to absorb them in current departments. The millwrights weren't the only trade to be put in 722, electricians were also placed there. (Nyquist) Some trades were placed in central (HYD) and some were placed in tool room

The object was to find homes for every tradesman so that no one would be laid off and so that we didn't create a general labor pool. Considering the union got the company to keep these people working in departments where they refused to raise the R.T.O. instead of laying them off, i think we did a good thing!

Question #3) The millwrights weren't allowed to keep the snow removal for our plant. Incase you never noticed, all snow removal was done by outside contractors. What the Union did do was file a grievance due to the fact we feel ANY work we can do cheaper than outside contractors should be done by our tradesmen. I felt the same way when we fought for the cement finishers (CAA"s) to patch the parking lot. We fought that because our CAA's could do it cheaper and just as fast. We won that fight and our CAA"s did the work and did a great job. But wait, you probably didn't hear about that did ya.

Again, i guess it's only natural to assume i was looking out for the Millwrights again, right?

HelloE,

Question #1) Hobson came to me and wanted a temp. Leader put on for Fab Shop. I agreed to do it just as I agreed to let the press shop put on a additional die Leader. (Chronoswki) The reason it wasn't posted is because it's not permanent. As far as not looking out for any other trade goes, if i wasn't looking out for any other trade why did I file a grievance on behalf of every trade due to leader ratio? You probably didn't know i filed a grievance on behalf of every trade due to Leader ration and that a Die leader was added to the press shop so i guess it's only natural to ASSUME i was only looking out for the millwrights right?

Question #2) When 6F reduced, a lot of trades were forced out. The company wanted to put them all in Dept. 701. The Union refused this because that is not what Dept. 701 was established for. Dept. 701 was established because the company forced too many toolmakers into the plant and refused to absorb them in current departments. The millwrights weren't the only trade to be put in 722, electricians were also placed there. (Nyquist) Some trades were placed in central (HYD) and some were placed in tool room

The object was to find homes for every tradesman so that no one would be laid off and so that we didn't create a general labor pool. Considering the union got the company to keep these people working in departments where they refused to raise the R.T.O. instead of laying them off, i think we did a good thing!

Question #3) The millwrights weren't allowed to keep the snow removal for our plant. Incase you never noticed, all snow removal was done by outside contractors. What the Union did do was file a grievance due to the fact we feel ANY work we can do cheaper than outside contractors should be done by our tradesmen. I felt the same way when we fought for the cement finishers (CAA"s) to patch the parking lot. We fought that because our CAA's could do it cheaper and just as fast. We won that fight and our CAA"s did the work and did a great job. But wait, you probably didn't hear about that did ya.

Again, i guess it's only natural to assume i was looking out for the Millwrights again, right?