Lariat Leather

rfp3

Folks,

Test drove a relatively loaded F350 Lariat on Monday -- Black on Black. The leather seats have a grey-ish colored insert, front and back seats, and I am not sure it's a great look. Would prefer solid black, no 2nd color insert. On the build page online, I didn't see solid color as an option. Does anyone know if solid seating is available?

On the overall truck itself, I was absolutely impressed with everything I say, felt, and did and did not hear/smell. What a stud vehicle.

Thanks for any input.

Jim

I noticed the same thing in the pictures. My idea was either dye the center inserts, or have a custom shop replace it with some perforated leather. I have dye on my dash, and it doesn't hold up too well, but would probably work better on the softer leather material.

Edited by Sportscraft

I noticed the same thing in the pictures. My idea was either dye the center inserts, or have a custom shop replace it with some perforated leather. I have dye on my dash, and it doesn't hold up too well, but would probably work better on the softer leather material.

Just be careful of that dye, which may come off on your clothes under the right condidtions.

Example:Raining ouside clothes are wet and the significant other hops in with wet white pants etc.

My '11 SD F350 truck has the Black with the "distressed" insert as it is called and it grows on you.

I didn't know what to expect when I ordered mine in December other than it indicated a 2 tone distressed center inserts but after having the truck for 3 weeks I don't give it a second thought.

Jackal,

Thanks for the perspective. Having looked at the one on the lot here a couple of times, I agree it becomes a smaller concern after each visit. That, plus there's no option for all black....

Hoping to place an order for a new rig shortly.

Appreciate the response.

• 4 months later...

Jackal,

Thanks for the perspective. Having looked at the one on the lot here a couple of times, I agree it becomes a smaller concern after each visit. That, plus there's no option for all black....

Hoping to place an order for a new rig shortly.

Appreciate the response.

Job #2 Date Nov 2 has a seat change to monotone. Guess its all the same color then.

Job #2 Date Nov 2 has a seat change to monotone. Guess its all the same color then.

Checkout the JOB # 2 thread. I just posted a question, based on a report that shows monotone seat change (job # 2) Sept 20th. I'm waiting for an answer as my truck hasn't gone into production yet. I have a window sticker, but can't find the production date, supposed to be next to the Blend#. Bottom of window sticker says 9/23/2010, but not sure that is the date. Dealer says delivery around Oct 20th.

I haven't checked this week, but will tomorrow night about the leather. Yeah, it's as they are coming down the line.

Wow, wish I knew you were on the line. My truck rolled off the line yesterday and is on its way via rail, but delayed in the yard. Thanks again for the info on the seats. All you guys and gals are great!

• 2 weeks later...

They started using the solid color seat material sometime in September. My truck was built 9/26 and it has some very pretty solid colored adobe seats with black stitching!

Mine was built 9/29 and is still sitting in the rail yard in PA. An hour and a half from the dealer. Prolly won't see it til next week.

Mine was built 9/29 and is still sitting in the rail yard in PA. An hour and a half from the dealer. Prolly won't see it til next week.

If it's the rail yard South of Philly, they have been backed up for some reason. My truck sat there for 4 days before it took the 45 minute ride to the dealer. Just judging by the satellite view of the yard, they move a lot of vehicles thru that place!

If it's the rail yard South of Philly, they have been backed up for some reason. My truck sat there for 4 days before it took the 45 minute ride to the dealer. Just judging by the satellite view of the yard, they move a lot of vehicles thru that place!

Thanks for the heads up. Do you have coordinates for the sat search? or an address?

Look up Twin Oaks, PA. Just south of the small town itself you will easily find the rail yard if you follow the railroad tracks. It took me all of 30 seconds on my first map search. Just so you know, I don't know of any map providers that have "recent" satellite views.

Look up Twin Oaks, PA. Just south of the small town itself you will easily find the rail yard if you follow the railroad tracks. It took me all of 30 seconds on my first map search. Just so you know, I don't know of any map providers that have "recent" satellite views.

I think we have real time account, have to check with tech svcs. Anyone one know which auto carrier serves NJ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...