End of the road for KC?

soupy

Yeah but we used to sell 900k+ units a year, were at half of that now, and it was 7 shifts building all Fseries two plants with three crews each should have no problem meeting demand

I agree we will never reach 900k + units per year, however, I could be wrong, but back in 2004 or 2005 were there not more shifts building F-series than you think? There was Norfork, with 2 shifts. I'm assuming. KCAP with 2 shifts. I know because I was there. Ontario Truck with 1 or 2 shifts. Cuautitlan assembly with 1 or 2 shifts. All they while they are retooling DTP to run F-series, and Kentucky Truck was working 2 shifts.

Like I said I could be wrong so don't take this as fact. I just don't want people blasting me if I am wrong.

I work at the Kansas City Assembly plant - just wanted everyone to know that the State Senate & House have just approved the tax breaks for Ford - it now goes to the Govenor for his signature which is a given as he is the one who called the special session. I believe that every possible rumor that you can imagine has been floating around the plant now for the past few months - with the tax breaks passed I hope now that Ford will make an offical announcement about the future of the KCAP and let all of the KC employees know what their future holds. At this point in time I wouldn't want to bet any money on if Ford decides to keep the plant open or ends up shutting it down with all of the rumors swirling around - will be good to hear something definate from Ford in the near future

I work at the Kansas City Assembly plant - just wanted everyone to know that the State Senate & House have just approved the tax breaks for Ford - it now goes to the Govenor for his signature which is a given as he is the one who called the special session. I believe that every possible rumor that you can imagine has been floating around the plant now for the past few months - with the tax breaks passed I hope now that Ford will make an offical announcement about the future of the KCAP and let all of the KC employees know what their future holds. At this point in time I wouldn't want to bet any money on if Ford decides to keep the plant open or ends up shutting it down with all of the rumors swirling around - will be good to hear something definate from Ford in the near future

strange thing is i went by the plant twice during shutdown and seen no contractors working with 17,000 sqare foot of roof being replaced

surely there would have been materials setting somewhere dumptrucks running with waste it was pretty quiet

can someone tell me if there was work done at kcap ?

when we go back truck side is working 50 hrs a week with every other saturday til october

Edited by uawxlt

strange thing is i went by the plant twice during shutdown and seen no contractors working with 17,000 sqare foot of roof being replaced

surely there would have been materials setting somewhere dumptrucks running with waste it was pretty quiet

when we go back truck side is working 50 hrs a week with every other saturday til october

Maybe Ford is trying to tell you something>>>LOL

There was several tons of roofing material, and four wheelers on the roof, plywood pathways etc etc. Two weeks before the down.If you would have walked out the west end past the water tower you would know. I'm not sure but, I don't think they fixed that much in truck so rain drops might still be falling on your dillweed head.

I agree. I don't think they can make enough F-150's at one plant. Remember before all this started they had like 7 shifts building the F-150 alone. Also, Ford has informed us of 6 scheduled Saturdays between now and Oct. July 24th, Aug. 7th, Aug 21st, Sept 11th, Sept. 25th, and Oct. 16. Things are looking up for us at Ford. We need to quit speculating on whose plant is going to close and focus on where we go next as a union.

These are the Saturday production days that the union has said the Company is wanting production. It was put on paper and handed out before we all left for vacation.

http://governor.mo.gov/newsroom/2010/House_Bill_2 :happy feet:

heres the handout we got about ot in the truck system about 3/4 way down

http://www.local249.org/breaking_news.htm

my supervisor told me a couple of days before this flier was handed out that he had gotten a email about these saturdays july 24th is to make up for 1 of the 2 days we were down do to cluster shortage

that reg cab with 8 ft box was being increased so management could plan for the mix change

Edited by uawxlt

There was several tons of roofing material, and four wheelers on the roof, plywood pathways etc etc. Two weeks before the down.If you would have walked out the west end past the water tower you would know. I'm not sure but, I don't think they fixed that much in truck so rain drops might still be falling on your dillweed head.

i've never had the time to stole around the plant grounds and see what was out there thanks for the info

dillweed head :hysterical:

this is typical BS at kcap the keeps coming from the suv side dillweed head truck builders if it wasn't for the escape this plant would be gone blah blah blah

at this point that may or may not be true

i can garantee you one thing that escape will never make kcap or ford the money the f-150 has

pray that the f-150 stays in kansas city because its the backbone of the plant

i've seen products come and go on your side of the plant but the f-150 line keeps on rolling :happy feet: