saline

ford068

what do you mean keep? they're bringing back ach workers that were laid off..

Ya there bringing them back for the transition...of ford workers to come in..through the months of july and august...then I know a lot will be put back on layoff..so I guess the question is will they leave any ach in the building once they have all the ford workers in there places?

I work at Dearborn truck and we are going to a tag relief system. We have been told by our union leadership that all of the people who are "loaned" to saline will be returning around the begining of september to fill the 300 plus new jobs it will create here..this is not for all ach just ones who came here then went back to Saline. I would think the rest of the ACH employees will find out their fate at contract time...once the economy improved then who knows..JCI????

I work at Dearborn truck and we are going to a tag relief system. We have been told by our union leadership that all of the people who are "loaned" to saline will be returning around the begining of september to fill the 300 plus new jobs it will create here..this is not for all ach just ones who came here then went back to Saline. I would think the rest of the ACH employees will find out their fate at contract time...once the economy improved then who knows..JCI????

Exactly there calling people from saline back not only to dearborn but also wayne...so they brought more ach workers in that have bein on layoff almost a year...there brought in to soften the transition of ppl in and out...we have a ton of ppl coming in from aai and other plants during this time as well...I was wondering if they will keep some of the ach workers here even after aai ppl get here since they are laying off a whole shift...I can't see them keeping ach workers on if they have ppl out on ilo and such...?

Exactly there calling people from saline back not only to dearborn but also wayne...so they brought more ach workers in that have bein on layoff almost a year...there brought in to soften the transition of ppl in and out...we have a ton of ppl coming in from aai and other plants during this time as well...I was wondering if they will keep some of the ach workers here even after aai ppl get here since they are laying off a whole shift...I can't see them keeping ach workers on if they have ppl out on ilo and such...?

My guess is is when all the dust settles there is still going to be at least 200-300 orange workers if not more at ACH Saline. Wayne people are going back to wayne? DTP people going back to dtp aroung 250. Around 250 Flat rockies going to Saline. I don't know how many Wayne of Michigan truck workers they have there with recall rights to Michigan Assy.

My guess is is when all the dust settles there is still going to be at least 200-300 orange workers if not more at ACH Saline. Wayne people are going back to wayne? DTP people going back to dtp aroung 250. Around 250 Flat rockies going to Saline. I don't know how many Wayne of Michigan truck workers they have there with recall rights to Michigan Assy.

I think you are correct, the orange will be laid back off in the near term, and in the long term, they will be called back. With projected volumes ford will need more workers at the Ford facilities. These members on ILO, who are temporarily placed, will be forced into those jobs. Some see that happening as early as end of 1st quarter of next year. One thing to keep in mind is that next year is a contract year and each side will be digging in trying to positions themselves for negotiations! So this may drag out until Sept on 2011! Lets hope not that way everyone will be back working! Hang in there ACHer's!

Edited by buster6969

Yes, There will still be Visteon brothers & sisters making a living there when the dust settles. Remember, ACH only wants them. They can care less about you.

We were told by the Plant Chairman yesterday that those of us that were originally from Saline but left and came back will not have to go back to Wayne or DTP this time but everyone else will. Sounds like something was worked out at the convention last week.

We were told by the Plant Chairman yesterday that those of us that were originally from Saline but left and came back will not have to go back to Wayne or DTP this time but everyone else will. Sounds like something was worked out at the convention last week.

Congrats! I would think since everyones working it wouldn't be a big deal!

Are you sure you didn't dream that!! What about those of us that did not sign because we wouldn't have seniority? I would bet that is not true!!

Are you sure you didn't dream that!! What about those of us that did not sign because we wouldn't have seniority? I would bet that is not true!!

No need to get upset...u know everythings a rumor until it actually happens!

If Saline and Sheldon Rd become Ford will DTP people have a right to sign up to go back to those plants?

YES..but the odds of these plants becoming Ford again are slim..when the economy improves again they will attempt to sell them again..Example; Johnson Controls tried to buy a BIG chunk of visteon a couple months ago in Bankruptcy court but couldnt work a deal..I would think they will be a prime candidate again

YES..but the odds of these plants becoming Ford again are slim..when the economy improves again they will attempt to sell them again..Example; Johnson Controls tried to buy a BIG chunk of visteon a couple months ago in Bankruptcy court but couldnt work a deal..I would think they will be a prime candidate again

Don't count on it unless you have recall rights. Which you would be at saline now anyway. I believe They would make saline just like they did my home plant rawsonville, where unless you have recall rights you won't be going back, the only new people going in are second tier

Don't count on it unless you have recall rights. Which you would be at saline now anyway. I believe They would make saline just like they did my home plant rawsonville, where unless you have recall rights you won't be going back, the only new people going in are second tier

I know that their is a lot of new work coming in right now but that was all committed over 2 years ago ( new explorer,got some new taurus ect..) but in the next year and sooner Saline will loose all grand Marc. and all other mercury work, next fall will loose the ranger and as the cycles all balance out there's not a whole lot new coming in. take a look at what we used to get and where some of that work has now been awarded to. Don't think for a minute that Ford will reclaim Saline it's on its way out like the dinosaurs. Enjoy it while you can, I'm sure each and everyone (blue) will all have a job when the dust settles just a matter of where (Dearborn Truck, Michigan assy, ect.) Make the money while you can! most plants are on 40 hours

I know that their is a lot of new work coming in right now but that was all committed over 2 years ago ( new explorer,got some new taurus ect..) but in the next year and sooner Saline will loose all grand Marc. and all other mercury work, next fall will loose the ranger and as the cycles all balance out there's not a whole lot new coming in. take a look at what we used to get and where some of that work has now been awarded to. Don't think for a minute that Ford will reclaim Saline it's on its way out like the dinosaurs. Enjoy it while you can, I'm sure each and everyone (blue) will all have a job when the dust settles just a matter of where (Dearborn Truck, Michigan assy, ect.) Make the money while you can! most plants are on 40 hours

yeah everyone might

i just hope i don't have to go to michigan to many arabs :stirpot: