Shaker 500

TennTang

I have a 06 Mustang V6 convertible with the Pony Package.

It came with a Shaker 500. The radio will not hold memory, and every time I start the car up, the radio goes back to AM and the clock is at 12:00.

Is there any fix other than a new radio?

The model # on the unit is 6R3T-18C815-HD.

I cannot find that model number on EBay. Some come close, but are different. Mostly the last two letters are different.

Will other models fit, or do I have to find that model number?

Thanks

I have a 06 Mustang V6 convertible with the Pony Package.

It came with a Shaker 500. The radio will not hold memory, and every time I start the car up, the radio goes back to AM and the clock is at 12:00.

Is there any fix other than a new radio?

The model # on the unit is 6R3T-18C815-HD.

I cannot find that model number on EBay. Some come close, but are different. Mostly the last two letters are different.

Will other models fit, or do I have to find that model number?

Thanks

I'd call H&R Radio. They do the repairs for Ford dealers. Your local parts guy can give you their number. If he won't, write back to me and I'll try to fnd it for you. Good luck!

mark

I'd call H&R Radio. They do the repairs for Ford dealers. Your local parts guy can give you their number. If he won't, write back to me and I'll try to fnd it for you. Good luck!

mark

Before you take it in there's 3-4 different fuses for the Shaker 500 that supply constant power (ie one of which will be used to keep the memory alive.) Look in the manual and make sure that all your fuses are good before you pay someone to fix something that ain't broke. Did you check all your powepoints?