Chicago transfer

I am transferring to Chicago and looking for good areas to live! Any Ideas?

I used to tour that area frequently. I really liked Olympia Fields, probably 45 minutes away from the plant. I'm not sure what you you're used to but the nice stuff is gonna be at least 30 minutes away. i'm not real impressed with the Indiana area. Downtown Chicago is sweet probably too far of a commute but it's a great place for a young single person tp live. A 45 minute drive isn't bad. Good luck.

I am transferring to Chicago and looking for good areas to live! Any Ideas?

Check out www.lofs.org 45 minutes away in Crown Point Indiana

They have lakes, golf course, club house and a bar, 3 beaches, Drive golf carts around, pool, Lots of summer things to do (Thursday concert night), 9 play grounds

Taxes are cheap but you pay a Ass fee, so it all works out

They have lakes, golf course, club house and a bar, 3 beaches, Drive golf carts around, pool, Lots of summer things to do (Thursday concert night), 9 play grounds

I am transferring as well and have talked to a couple people who have all ready went out there to scope it out. In addition to Crown Point, some decent areas in Indiana are Lowell, Cedar Lake, Munster, Hobart and Merrillville. Supposedly Merrillville is where most of the shopping and all that stuff is. Like I said this is coming from other people so I'm not exactly sure of the minute details but I hope it helps. Anybody out there that knows of these places maybe you could help us fellow brothers and sisters out with some insight! Can't wait to get out there!

I am transferring as well and have talked to a couple people who have all ready went out there to scope it out. In addition to Crown Point, some decent areas in Indiana are Lowell, Cedar Lake, Munster, Hobart and Merrillville. Supposedly Merrillville is where most of the shopping and all that stuff is. Like I said this is coming from other people so I'm not exactly sure of the minute details but I hope it helps. Anybody out there that knows of these places maybe you could help us fellow brothers and sisters out with some insight! Can't wait to get out there!

i moved to lowell 40-45 minutes not to bad

[/quot

Edited by progboy

It depends on whether you are renting or buying. The taxes are high in Cook and Will counties in Illinois and Lake county Indiana is becoming more expensive. Like most metro areas, the collar suburbs have the best schools but the taxes reflect the services. CraigsList is a good source for rentals, but you need to maybe look for something short-term until your co-workers can help. The plant has probably a 50/50 mix of Hoosiers and Illinois residents. Good Luck!