Watching a Vehicle Be Built

escape777

The correct answer is no, most plants don't even offer tours, let alone allowing you to follow your vehicle down the line. The only way (as I have done) is to actually be an employee and have access to the system so you know when your order drops. Sorry, you'll just have to wait.

Edited by staff
Content ^
  • Like 4

First off, chill out. Nice way to treat the customer, he just asked for information, you don't need to act like an asshole. Your reply reinforces the public perception that autoworkers are a bunch of classless knuckledraggers.

To the OP: The correct answer is no, most plants don't even offer tours, let alone allowing you to follow your vehicle down the line. The only way (as I have done) is to actually be an employee and have access to the system so you know when your order drops. Sorry, you'll just have to wait.

To Sparky: Thank you for your kind answer. I have had nothing but grief from this website. They are mean and heartless. Assholes is right. I will be calling Ford today to let them know the way I was treated here several times, to the point of canceling my order and getting a BMW 5. They obviously don't realize who they are talking to, which is quite funny! In the near future, you may see these Morons gone from this website.

Thank you for your kindness Sparky.

• Like 2

You can't watch your own vehicle get built and for people that claim they have they are full of shit.

The company has no idea when your vehicle will enter the system (on what day and time I mean) and for you to watch it being built from start to finish would be impossible. Why would you want to do this anyway?? to harass workers as they are working on your car to make sure that screw is tight? hahahahaha..

I never heard of anyone doing this from start to finish especially with the FPS system Ford has that is so messed up in the first place it's amazing to me how they keep accurate counts of their orders. I packed parts one time and the FPS system got so fouled up that we were packing parts in 5 different racks at the same time cause they couldn't give us the right consecutive tags.

There is no way to watch your vehicle being built unless your just planning to watch it in one plant but they don't provide the floor with names for order numbers, the vehicles only have bar code numbers and you don't know which dealership or order number it is until final assembly is complete.

I watched my 96 Windstar being built from start to finish in Jan 96 at OAC and I worked at STAP at the time....if you know the system you can do it... first thing to do is to get a hold of vehicle scheduler at the plant....even when everybody says no you can.

• Like 2

I followed my 1990 F-250 through assembly from paint to final at the former Ontario Truck Plant, where I worked at the time. It went through the whole system without a flaw. I also got a chance to see what others do in the plant. I normally only saw them in the lunch room. It was an eye opener for me; a memorable experience.

• Like 1

I have had nothing but grief from this website. ... Assholes is right.

I feel compelled to answer this even though I shouldn't. The grief you felt is all created by your own rude self. You come here with absolutely no manners, demanding answers and updates without following the rules. Oh and that is you calling the kettle black.

They are mean and heartless. I will be calling Ford today to let them know the way I was treated here several times, to the point of canceling my order and getting a BMW 5.

You are completely clueless too. Ford has nothing to do with this website and who are you going to cry to? I don't care at all about someone with your attitude. I am so scared ... not. Please just go away, buy your foreign crap and get out of here.

Funny thing is ... YOU came here on YOUR own and solicited information from US. Guess what - in the end, as rude and uncooperative as you were, did you get everything you asked for? Yes. You were provided with all the information you asked for on several occasions and then some.

• Like 2

I feel compelled to answer this even though I shouldn't. The grief you felt is all created by your own rude self. You come here with absolutely no manners, demanding answers and updates without following the rules. Oh and that is you calling the kettle black.

You are completely clueless too. Ford has nothing to do with this website and who are you going to cry to? I don't care at all about someone with your attitude. I am so scared ... not. Please just go away, buy your foreign crap and get out of here.

Funny thing is ... YOU came here on YOUR own and solicited information from US. Guess what - in the end, as rude and uncooperative as you were, did you get everything you asked for? Yes. You were provided with all the information you asked for on several occasions and then some.

Basically what I said , but you'll notice a few replies from the top, Admin came and erased a lot of the feedback to him. His recourse now has been to mark the replies negative, LOL hope he likes that BMW5 he is now going to get instead of the Plain Jane Mustang.

• Like 1

Interesting, thanks for the info Critic - at least it ain't just me. :stirpot: LOL

When I used to do the tracking, some customers were downright frustrating.

That said, if you are "voluteering" to do a "public service" on behalf of Ford, sometimes you have to shrug off the occasional PITA and take the higher road.

It's not easy, i know. Been there, done that. The problem with posting hostile replies is that the public at large only sees the ungrateful Ford employee and not the rude customer.

• Like 3

Too bad this forum is like a 3rd grade playground most of the time. It is a great tool to exchange information but when it turns to bashing, name calling, swearing and carring on it is down right embarassing. We have customers that view here alot and this childish behavior needs to stop.

Edited by Grim Reaper
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Too bad this forum is like a 3rd grade playground most of the time. It is a great tool to exchange information but when it turns to bashing, name calling, swearing and carring on it is down right embarassing. We have customers that view here alot and this childish behavior needs to stop.

No worries!

I'll be a customer again, first time was in '73, next time, 2011. A bit of foolishness won't stop me.

• Like 1