Tailgate step

Raptor SVT

Just got a '10 F-150 crew for the wife. I'm trying to find a step. Dealer wants over $1,000 for just the step. Looked on Ebay. Tried to find a Red Candy truck w/ a step none w/in 300 miles. I'm on a mission to find one. Yeah, I know alot of people hate the steps but I like it on my Raptor. Thanks!

Just got a '10 F-150 crew for the wife. I'm trying to find a step. Dealer wants over $1,000 for just the step. Looked on Ebay. Tried to find a Red Candy truck w/ a step none w/in 300 miles. I'm on a mission to find one. Yeah, I know alot of people hate the steps but I like it on my Raptor. Thanks!

Try the classified section at http://www.f150online.com. Some users there take theirs off and sell them. May find some, may not. Good luck!

This is the exact reason I order all of my vehicles. I get exactly what I want.

I'm a member of a Focus Fanatics site. There are guys on there that are trying to add cruise control to a Focus S. It's going to end up costing them three times as much as just ordering the SE package with the cruise control.

This is the exact reason I order all of my vehicles. I get exactly what I want.

I'm a member of a Focus Fanatics site. There are guys on there that are trying to add cruise control to a Focus S. It's going to end up costing them three times as much as just ordering the SE package with the cruise control.

Same here...well except for my current F150 that I bought on the last day of '05 for a smoking deal. But, I would not have bought it if it didn't have what I wanted. I am amazed at the cost and trouble some folks go through to add items that they could have added a lot cheaper at the start had they thought ahead a little more. On the other hand though, the tailgate step should be something to add reasonbly inexpensively.

Same here...well except for my current F150 that I bought on the last day of '05 for a smoking deal. But, I would not have bought it if it didn't have what I wanted. I am amazed at the cost and trouble some folks go through to add items that they could have added a lot cheaper at the start had they thought ahead a little more. On the other hand though, the tailgate step should be something to add reasonbly inexpensively.

I know, I order all mine too! Except this one. I was planning on ordering a 2011 Raptor Crew and found the discounts on a 2010 to good to pass up. So, I kept my Raptor and bought this truck for the wife. None of the surronding dealers believe in ordering these steps on stk units.

Edited by Raptor SVT

I know, I order all mine too! Except this one. I was planning on ordering a 2011 Raptor Crew and found the discounts on a 2010 to good to pass up. So, I kept my Raptor and bought this truck for the wife. None of the surronding dealers believe in ordering these steps on stk units.

I thought it was a popular option? If so, I would think they would order them for stock. Interesting...

• 7 months later...

I thought it was a popular option? If so, I would think they would order them for stock. Interesting...

I found a project truck, 'The ultimate F150" and he had a z-bench on the truck. I looked it up and it looks like a pretty good deal. I have never seen anything like it. It is more than a step. It makes your tailgate a table and can be a cargo holder and the best thing is it folds up to about three and half inches. Made of aluminum they have a picture with over a 1000 pounds on it. Something to consider I think I am going to get one. There was also a video on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRgraeIQuec

i didnt order the step on my raptor, i figured id rarely use it and i was actually afraid that if for some UNGODLY reason someone the gate while down or a fatty broke it, id be stuck with this step hanging out of my raptor... but i guess looking back it may have been better to have gotten it because who knows what ill put int he bed in the future :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

After 7 years of jumping on the tailgate to get in the bed to pickup stuff, I`ve bought a f150 with a tailgate step. WOW !! can`t believe I`ve waited so long to get this BIG improvement for my aching back !! :doh:

After 7 years of jumping on the tailgate to get in the bed to pickup stuff, I`ve bought a f150 with a tailgate step. WOW !! can`t believe I`ve waited so long to get this BIG improvement for my aching back !! :doh:

I am almost 6' 4" so I don't know how much I will use it but it will be real handy for the wife when she needs to get in the back.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't even got my truck yet, but I am entirely looking forward to having the step. I'm planning on removing the assist pole for now, as I prefer the flat, clean tailgate. But I will save it for when even hopping up with the step becomes a chore.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...