Ford website updated, 2011 f-150

FastTaurusSHO

5.0l or 3.5l both are just as new to the truck and both are used in other vehicles for about the same amount of time.

The 5.0 in general is a far more proven engine with a bunch less moving parts, wouldn't think in a truck application there would be much of a problem, it will be the one I put my money in and if u look at the under hood packaging it is a far more cleaner install that would be much easier to work on if need be...

The 5.0 in general is a far more proven engine with a bunch less moving parts, wouldn't think in a truck application there would be much of a problem, it will be the one I put my money in and if u look at the under hood packaging it is a far more cleaner install that would be much easier to work on if need be...

5.0 is ok if you like to see your tach hit 7000 rpm all of the time. It rev's too high to suit me. The ecoboost may have more parts that could fail but at least it doesn't rev that high- thus the engine itself should last longer

5.0 is ok if you like to see your tach hit 7000 rpm all of the time. It rev's too high to suit me. The ecoboost may have more parts that could fail but at least it doesn't rev that high- thus the engine itself should last longer

Actualy both engines red line at 7K, but will wait and see how they both tow, my confidence in fords turbo's isn't very good ie. 6.0 diesel but time will tell I am just not going to be a tester for ford??

Actualy both engines red line at 7K, but will wait and see how they both tow, my confidence in fords turbo's isn't very good ie. 6.0 diesel but time will tell I am just not going to be a tester for ford??

I towed with the ecoboost on Saturday. Pulling 6500 lbs in a 24' trailer I was going 55 mph and running about 2100 rpm- couldn't even tell that the trailer was back there. With the direct injection and twin turbos I don't expect to see it hit 7000 unless you are drag racing. Now the 5.0 doesn't reach peak torque to over 4000 rpm- not good.

BTW, I have a 2005 F250 with the 6.0 and I have never had a problem with the turbo

I towed with the ecoboost on Saturday. Pulling 6500 lbs in a 24' trailer I was going 55 mph and running about 2100 rpm- couldn't even tell that the trailer was back there. With the direct injection and twin turbos I don't expect to see it hit 7000 unless you are drag racing. Now the 5.0 doesn't reach peak torque to over 4000 rpm- not good.

BTW, I have a 2005 F250 with the 6.0 and I have never had a problem with the turbo

U are very lucky on the 6.0 it is a know problem area with their turbos, did u get to drive a 5.0 was wondering what u thought??? I thought pick up trucks . com liked the 5.0 as the best all around engine, not sure though have been reading a lot of opinions on these new engines.

U are very lucky on the 6.0 it is a know problem area with their turbos, did u get to drive a 5.0 was wondering what u thought??? I thought pick up trucks . com liked the 5.0 as the best all around engine, not sure though have been reading a lot of opinions on these new engines.

Yes, I drove the 5.0 but they only let us drive it around some cones on a parking lot and then down a 600' drag strip. From what I could tell it accelerated as well as the ecoboost.