How do I remove the rear head restraint?

bubbajones

thanks for starting this Bubba. I would like to get mine out of there as well

One of the reasonably knowledgable people at my dealership tells me that it's not practical. The head rests for 2011 will fold, but are otherwise bolted into position.

Prior model years had latches that could be released, but not 2011.

I am hoping that's not true, but have not yet found what I'm looking for.

Thanks. I tried reaching the buttons from the top using a dowel. That didn't work. After re-reading that thread I might try it the procedure he describes. In the meantime I ran the top strap between the head restraint and the seat back. If you rotate the head rest about 1/2 way (45 degrees) then there's enough gap to push the clip through. That works well enough, but there's still an awkward contact between the top of the child seat and the head rest.

Ahhhh I see what your talking about now, got my 11 GT and those headrests are a pain.. lucky for me my son is big enough now to just need the booster seat instead of the full carseat.. but either way those headrests block what little view you get out that back window..><

Ahhhh I see what your talking about now, got my 11 GT and those headrests are a pain.. lucky for me my son is big enough now to just need the booster seat instead of the full carseat.. but either way those headrests block what little view you get out that back window..><

I tried reaching the reported latches by sticking my hand through the hole in the back of the seat covering.

After poking around in there with my fingers, I can't imagine how much I'd have to rip apart to get to the supposed latches. Maybe it's more obvious if you actually unwrap the seats, but I've decided to give up for now.

Thanks.