Superduty tilt front end?...

Hermes

I heard mention Ford was considering a tilt front end for the F-Series. Poor engine access for service is a deal-breaker for me. Removing the cab to do service is incredibly poor design. I suppose the front perimeter sheet-metal (under the fenders, & around the radiator) help obtain better/more protection crash results, and limit serviceability, but Ford has dropped the ball when it comes to leadership in this area.

The F650< type tilt front end is what I'm talkin' about. Add a bolt on crash frame under the sheet metal, for impact resistance, and there you go!...no more damn cab removal. Hot rodders have been doing it for years. Why not Ford?

I heard mention Ford was considering a tilt front end for the F-Series. Poor engine access for service is a deal-breaker for me. Removing the cab to do service is incredibly poor design. I suppose the front perimeter sheet-metal (under the fenders, & around the radiator) help obtain better/more protection crash results, and limit serviceability, but Ford has dropped the ball when it comes to leadership in this area.

The F650< type tilt front end is what I'm talkin' about. Add a bolt on crash frame under the sheet metal, for impact resistance, and there you go!...no more damn cab removal. Hot rodders have been doing it for years. Why not Ford?

Do you know how much equipment and electronics are over the inner fenders on a modern pickup?

Where will you you move that stuff so you can tilt the front end?

Do you know how much equipment and electronics are over the inner fenders on a modern pickup?

Where will you you move that stuff so you can tilt the front end?

I would try to leave it on the "crash frame", with a quick release wire harness for when it is necessary to service or remove the engine.

I hope Ford does improve engine accessability on the next generation Super Duty (whenever that's going to happen). The current Super Duty is a poor design, the inner fender supports, along with the radiator core support are a welded structure that in turn is welded to the cab firewall. Not only does this design limit access to the engine, it can be a real mess in an accident. The front end components on GM and Dodge trucks are still bolt-on, and removing the front clip for engine work or crash repair is still possible.