GM's electric car isn't

mikem12

:hysterical:

Fail Motors is the new name Green I mean Green Light

To make wallstreet/corperate executives and stock holders richer thanks obama

Oh and don't forget while the bonusesses are handed out you will be building them for 14 dollars a hour with no benefits :happy feet:

Be glad you have a job :hysterical:

Bob King

This is not true, the Volt is all Electric, and get's well more then 50 miles to a charge actually. I test drove one the other day in Brownstown, MI. The car has the capability of getting about 60-70 miles on a charge. The average charge is 50 miles. It can be plugged into any wall outlet.

This story is a spin by the oil companies and left wing media to get people to not buy this thing.

Lets get a few facts here about the average daily driver.

1. Most people on the weekend don't drive more then 50 miles away from their house. With economic times that were in, the post office, bank, restaurants, movies, and your friends and family houses are about all your going to be driving too. Most people live within 50 miles of all these places.

2. The oil companies are going to suffer at the gas pumps because of this.

3. Most people drive more then 50 miles to get to work so they will use their other vehicles to cover that.

4. GM is going to sell a shit load of these cars because the average person stays at home and this will be a big money saver in gas. Your talking hundreds per year.

Wait till about 100,000 of these cars hit the street in Michigan, you'll see the price of gas go down to about 2.05 a gallon or less.

Oil companies are going to spin and play these electric vehicles so the public doesn't buy them!. If you listen to every PR that goes out over the net your just a dumb ass.

I had a great time driving the volt. I will be buying one.

The Volt is NOT all electric. At speeds near or over 70 m.p.h.or when the battery is drained down to a certain level, the gas motor drives the wheels. The Volts engineers are now just admitting some of this. I have read some tests on the Volt and the drivers averaged anywhere from 28 to 127.9 m.p.g. Someone is full of crap.

Edited by MillRight

Who in the hell cares? ITs a great looking vehicle and GM is going to sell a boatload of them. Great investment by the GOvernment. Im just waiting on GM stock to go on sell because I plan to buy a bunch of it>>>

How many make up a boatload? How soon do you think they'll achieve that volume? I thought short term (next two years) they were looking at around 1000/month.

How many make up a boatload? How soon do you think they'll achieve that volume? I thought short term (next two years) they were looking at around 1000/month.

They will not sell a lot of them starting at 41000.00.It is an overpriced hybrid.

Edited by skeptic