Self parking feature

richy

I have an 11 MKX on order but also brought home an MKT for my wife to drive. We were blown away by the self park feature. Like the title says: it's modern day voodoo!! I could not get over how quick and accurate it is. The reviews I've read about it say that it is a better system than the Lexus or anyone else's.

I've heard it's pretty good too. Congrats on the new vehicles!

Thanks, but we're just going with the MKX for now. I was disappointed in the lack of head room in the 3rd row. We put her 05 Pacifica next to it and it was incredible how close they are to each other in size. The Pacifica actually has a lot more head room in the 3rd row. You can see how much taller the roof is when they're side by side. The MKT is a damned nice ride though, so it's still not out of the question for her. I'm not done investigating the possibilities for her yet.

Thanks, but we're just going with the MKX for now. I was disappointed in the lack of head room in the 3rd row. We put her 05 Pacifica next to it and it was incredible how close they are to each other in size. The Pacifica actually has a lot more head room in the 3rd row. You can see how much taller the roof is when they're side by side. The MKT is a damned nice ride though, so it's still not out of the question for her. I'm not done investigating the possibilities for her yet.

I can understand that. The roof really swoops down in the rear of the MKT.

I can understand that. The roof really swoops down in the rear of the MKT.

My experience with the MKt has the third row very good for the kids and short adult for short trips. I leave the folded until needed. The extra cargo space comes in handy. I got ecoboost and park asist. the best feature :drool: is the adaptive cruise. i hate driving the wifes van because I forget and wonder why the van is not slowing as we get closer to slower traffic :cry:

• 3 months later...

Hi,

If I can chime in with my experiences with my Flex experiences ; - ) I will say the auto park feature is almost freaky. We have a 2010 Ecoboost Flex with all of the trimmings and the auto-park feature is one of things that you just know will screw up at some point - it hasn't yet so far after many, many uses.

I thought it was a gimmick at first but not now.

Eric