Where is the money C.A.W????

Gin@Juice

I can't remember personally but have been told that the money alotted to STAP for closure was $400 million. Does anyone know if that is true? I also heard that this was brought up at the last union meeting and Scott Smith had said that $207 million was going to buyouts and $193 million was going to a job action centre.(WTF???Pretty expensive job action centre) I did some crunching and if we have 1300 employees here and they all took the buyout which is $125000 that number would be like $165 million. Now I don't think we have 1300 employees and i'm 100 percent sure that not everyone will take the buyout as there will be 300 to 400 people waiting for Oakville to hire them for their remaining years. So I have to ask where is all the rest of the money actually going? Does the National keep the rest of teh money?? If so it kind of feels like the National is making out very very well in this deal. What do you people think?

Edited by Gin@Juice
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

A fraction goes to local programs and the vast majority goes to the national...you have to remember they are losing our dues when we close so they need to make that money up elsewhere...sweet deal for national,bad for line rats.Hopefully OAC and Windsor are watching because they are next inline...

I f this is true then I would lawyer up and fight for ownership of your hall. You have been paying the tab on your local hall for many years so you all should be compensated when it is closed and sold. Not only does the company owe a severance but so should the union since it could not save you. The so called negotiated severance was already the basic and nothing more. Ask them and listen to their responce....I would love to hear the logic. JUST ASKING?????

I f this is true then I would lawyer up and fight for ownership of your hall. You have been paying the tab on your local hall for many years so you all should be compensated when it is closed and sold. Not only does the company owe a severance but so should the union since it could not save you. The so called negotiated severance was already the basic and nothing more. Ask them and listen to their responce....I would love to hear the logic. JUST ASKING?????

The response is a shrug of the shoulders and "it's in our constitution". I believe it is under the section called "BEND OVER BROTHER." I am sure Kenny will put the profits of our local assets to good use!