Recalls

Howdy!!

One must have been a Focus. Maybe the other is an Escape. What are the other two?

2- Focus

1- Crown Vic

1- Taurus

It's not so much the recalls as just having to leave it at the dealer to be fixed.

Right now my 2005 Focus is in for a recall plus 4 other items that need fixing, been there 2 days so far.

• 3 weeks later...
2- Focus

1- Crown Vic

1- Taurus

It's not so much the recalls as just having to leave it at the dealer to be fixed.

Right now my 2005 Focus is in for a recall plus 4 other items that need fixing, been there 2 days so far.

wouldn't that be 2 Focii? :P

• 1 month later...
2- Focus

1- Crown Vic

1- Taurus

I have a 2003 ZTS Focus and I have had nothing but problems with the brakes and now the master cylinder is out. I have to replace the tires every 20 thousand miles because of soft rubber. I believe Ford does some of this on purpose, in order to boost their parts. I had to replace the rotors and calibers and the brakes weren't ready to be replaced. It only has 52 thousand on it. I feel for you.

I have a 2003 ZTS Focus and I have had nothing but problems with the brakes and now the master cylinder is out. I have to replace the tires every 20 thousand miles because of soft rubber. I believe Ford does some of this on purpose, in order to boost their parts. I had to replace the rotors and calibers and the brakes weren't ready to be replaced. It only has 52 thousand on it. I feel for you.

There's no law saying you need to replace tires with OE replacements. Go with a harder compound tire next time. Lord knows I probably would have traded my Cobra by now if I was forced to put up with those god-awful OE BFG Comp T/A ZR's.

There's no law saying you need to replace tires with OE replacements. Go with a harder compound tire next time. Lord knows I probably would have traded my Cobra by now if I was forced to put up with those god-awful OE BFG Comp T/A ZR's.

I can relate to that...my mark vii had comp t/a vr4's on it, only time in my life I bought 'performance' tires...10k and cord was showing...I went to summit and got centerlines and regular t/a radials for what I'd paid the bfg store for the soft tires...filled the wheelwells(could fully deflate suspension with 1/4" to spare), got a better ride, and still doing ok in the snow 5 years and like 30k later...

I heard the pirellis on the mustang are sticky compound, to expect <20k life (although at nearing 1k they have no noticeable wear so far).

I was thinking T/A's again when the time comes, but they dont offer 17's (yet)...guess the speed rating is why, but I think if they offered them, the guys that dont drive 149+ mph would still buy them...I kinda think the sticky tires are a little thing they add to get slightly better magazine reviews at release time, but it does seem just about stupid to put 10-20 k tires on a car when tires that last twice as long at half the price are available...I wish there were more options when new- I bet if treadlife were advertised, 95% would buy the longer lasting/cheaper tire...I think with its gearing, our friggin windstar could exceed its tires ratings, so dont really understand why a car 'needs' speed rated tires. correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt the speed rating like for continuous use? like >120 all day long? unless theres a nascar track nearby, I really never understood the need...I do wish BFG offered a old school T/A radial in RWL and 17" for the mustang. I miss white lettered tires.

I can relate to that...my mark vii had comp t/a vr4's on it, only time in my life I bought 'performance' tires...10k and cord was showing...I went to summit and got centerlines and regular t/a radials for what I'd paid the bfg store for the soft tires...filled the wheelwells(could fully deflate suspension with 1/4" to spare), got a better ride, and still doing ok in the snow 5 years and like 30k later...

I heard the pirellis on the mustang are sticky compound, to expect <20k life (although at nearing 1k they have no noticeable wear so far).

I was thinking T/A's again when the time comes, but they dont offer 17's (yet)...guess the speed rating is why, but I think if they offered them, the guys that dont drive 149+ mph would still buy them...I kinda think the sticky tires are a little thing they add to get slightly better magazine reviews at release time, but it does seem just about stupid to put 10-20 k tires on a car when tires that last twice as long at half the price are available...I wish there were more options when new- I bet if treadlife were advertised, 95% would buy the longer lasting/cheaper tire...I think with its gearing, our friggin windstar could exceed its tires ratings, so dont really understand why a car 'needs' speed rated tires. correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt the speed rating like for continuous use? like >120 all day long? unless theres a nascar track nearby, I really never understood the need...I do wish BFG offered a old school T/A radial in RWL and 17" for the mustang. I miss white lettered tires.

Well, it wasn't so much the treadwear itself on the Comp T/A's I hated...it was that the treadwear wasn't that great for no apparent reason. They sucked for performance. I have Potenza S-02's on the Cobra now...they have AWFUL treadwear, but they are sticky as all get-out. It's not so much an issue since it's only a weekend car now, so they should still last a couple years. Those Comp T/A's were just crap though...poor treadlife coupled with poor performance.