2011 - Picked Up Black/Black Limited

I picked up a black/black Limited with 302A, 2nd row buckets, trailer package, moon roof, DVD, polished wheels, center console yesterday. I am in the Washington DC area. I called and called around the area last week and actually had a deal on a silver/black one at Tysons Ford. Dealer sold it from under me, long story. Called and called Thursday and stuck luck when a dealer had this one just arrive on the truck. I told him I wanted it for USAA pricing. Dealer agreed. Went in, bought it. Dealer also ate the shipping charge. $44066 plus Tax, tags, fees. Couldn't have gone better. These are trickling in, but a review of the logs shows there are a great number in transport or ready to ship. Keep up the hope!

• Like 1

I picked up a black/black Limited with 302A, 2nd row buckets, trailer package, moon roof, DVD, polished wheels, center console yesterday. I am in the Washington DC area. I called and called around the area last week and actually had a deal on a silver/black one at Tysons Ford. Dealer sold it from under me, long story. Called and called Thursday and stuck luck when a dealer had this one just arrive on the truck. I told him I wanted it for USAA pricing. Dealer agreed. Went in, bought it. Dealer also ate the shipping charge. $44066 plus Tax, tags, fees. Couldn't have gone better. These are trickling in, but a review of the logs shows there are a great number in transport or ready to ship. Keep up the hope!

Hmm, nice!

BTW, since you have the 2nd row buckets: How's the power-folding feature of those? It isn't mentioned on the website but it's listed in the owner's guide...

Edited by EcoBoost

The 2nd row power fold consist of a button inside the door frame of the 2nd row doors. To gfold, you rotate the head rest forward and down, press the button once and the first half of the seat folds forward (so you can climb in back) press it again and the remainder folds. It isn't unlike the 3rd row power fold in which it is more automatic.

The 2nd row power fold consist of a button inside the door frame of the 2nd row doors. To gfold, you rotate the head rest forward and down, press the button once and the first half of the seat folds forward (so you can climb in back) press it again and the remainder folds. It isn't unlike the 3rd row power fold in which it is more automatic.

Interesting - Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

What dealer did you wind up getting it at, Ted Britt? I am not surprised Tysons sold the silver one out from under you. Tysons is by FAR the worst dealer in the DC area. When I was shopping for my Raptor Supercrew, they insisted that they weren't out yet.

Congrats on the new Explorer. I'm holding out hope that they put the 3.5 EB motor in it or at least the 3.7 V6.

Edited by poof100

What dealer did you wind up getting it at, Ted Britt? I am not surprised Tysons sold the silver one out from under you. Tysons is by FAR the worst dealer in the DC area. When I was shopping for my Raptor Supercrew, they insisted that they weren't out yet.

Congrats on the new Explorer. I'm holding out hope that they put the 3.5 EB motor in it or at least the 3.7 V6.

Yes Ted Britt Ford. They were very easy to work with.

Yes it was Tyson's Ford that sold the silver one from under me. The manager's Name was Mike Goode. I was told by him that the GM or the owner would call me back. Despite me placing more than 5 calls to them, no one has called me back. i filed a formal complaint with Ford. Apparently Mike Goode has been around the area for some time. When I was at Ted Britt I overheard a conversation that sounded like Mr. Goode was looking for another job. With practices like that, good luck.

Yes, I had a great experience buying my Silver Raptor Supercrew from Ted Britt a few weeks ago. Marvin was my sales guy and he was great! I've bought 5 cars from Ted Britt now, always the best to work with.

I would just forget about Tysons. They are clueless there. Back in the Summer, when the Ecoboost was confirmed for the F150, they insisted it wouldn't be in the new trucks and kept trying to sell me a 2010, which I didn't want. Then while shopping around for the Raptor, they said they weren't out yet, but Ted Britt had 2 2011s sitting on the lot, go figure.

Good luck with the new ride, it sounds very nice from everything I've read on the Explorer. This or the new Flex will probably replace my wife's CX9 in the near future.

Yes, I had a great experience buying my Silver Raptor Supercrew from Ted Britt a few weeks ago. Marvin was my sales guy and he was great! I've bought 5 cars from Ted Britt now, always the best to work with.

I would just forget about Tysons. They are clueless there. Back in the Summer, when the Ecoboost was confirmed for the F150, they insisted it wouldn't be in the new trucks and kept trying to sell me a 2010, which I didn't want. Then while shopping around for the Raptor, they said they weren't out yet, but Ted Britt had 2 2011s sitting on the lot, go figure.

Good luck with the new ride, it sounds very nice from everything I've read on the Explorer. This or the new Flex will probably replace my wife's CX9 in the near future.

My wife couldn't come to terms with the Flex exterior. I liked it. The Eco Boost in the Flex was cool. The Explorer is a very nice ride. It is super comfortable, has all the bells and whistles. Time will tell, but looks like it is a winner.

• 2 months later...

Are the second row bucket seats comfortable? Without armrests, they look like you could fall out of the seat.

They are very comfortable, I sometimes make the wife drive and I sit in the second row with kids in 2nd and 3rd row so we can watch a DVD.

Cant hear the wife for the entire trip......also a bonus of sitting in the second row!

I wish the 2nd row was heated though. If the second row in the Taurus is heated so should the Explorer.

Might try after market rear seat heat package.

• 3 weeks later...