Winter wiper blades 2010 Escape

2003f350

I just posted this on another site in answer to someone looking for replacememt blades for a newer Escape, maybe someone can use the info. Ed

After our recent snowstorm here in the northeast and dealing with frozen wiper blades. I went to Walmart and bought 2 Anco winter blades, after spending more then a few minutes trying to remove the blades from the Escape. I finally figured out that the tabs and the rounded end are all part of the blade and are removed as one piece after squezing the tabs, new fangled stuff. But there was not any adapter in the pkg. to fit the arms. Back to Walmart to return them. My store didn't have too many 20 in. blades.

I went to Autozone and bought 2 Rain X Latitude blades, supposedly good for rain, sleet and snow, time will tell. They look good and they did have the correct adapter to fit the Escape arm, I read the instructions a couple of times to figure out how to change from the adapter on the blade to the Escape adapter.

The 2nd one took 2 minutes after spending considerable time much more then 2 minutes on the 1st one.

Happy Holidays, Ed

• 2 weeks later...

I just posted this on another site in answer to someone looking for replacememt blades for a newer Escape, maybe someone can use the info. Ed

After our recent snowstorm here in the northeast and dealing with frozen wiper blades. I went to Walmart and bought 2 Anco winter blades, after spending more then a few minutes trying to remove the blades from the Escape. I finally figured out that the tabs and the rounded end are all part of the blade and are removed as one piece after squezing the tabs, new fangled stuff. But there was not any adapter in the pkg. to fit the arms. Back to Walmart to return them. My store didn't have too many 20 in. blades.

I went to Autozone and bought 2 Rain X Latitude blades, supposedly good for rain, sleet and snow, time will tell. They look good and they did have the correct adapter to fit the Escape arm, I read the instructions a couple of times to figure out how to change from the adapter on the blade to the Escape adapter.

The 2nd one took 2 minutes after spending considerable time much more then 2 minutes on the 1st one.

Happy Holidays, Ed

How are Rain x blades working out? I am thinking about getting a pair.

• 2 weeks later...