Review: 2011 Crysler Town and Country

PREMiERdrum

20110105134357_1.jpg

The minivan will never die.

Oh, we may try to kill these little wonder boxes, but they've got more lives than Gloria Gaynor's career.

From a purely practical standpoint, the minivan is nearly perfect for hauling a family, stuff and, in one case, gravel. It may have the styling of a giant breadbox and the handling characteristics of one, too, but no car has the versatility, no crossover has double sliders, and no truck rides as well as a minivan. Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees are easier to kill.

So if they're not going away, why not make them better? It's time to think inside the box.

Chrysler, the minivan creator, has done just that with its creme-de-la-creme 2011 Town & Country, which first appeared 22 years ago.

While technically a refreshing, the makeover is as thorough as they come. From the suspension and the sheet metal to the interior and powertrain, the 2011 Town & Country is more new than old.

More importantly, this minivan has the feel and look of something special, instead of that gussied-up Dodge Caravan vibe it held for the past decade. With serious competition coming from the all-new Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna, the Town & Country needed to bring its "A" game.

Continued @ Link

Link - Detroit News

Considering the previous model, that's a huge improvement. Especially the interior.

I must say, I hate the on-dash gear selector that's in every minivan now.

I have had a 06,08,and now a 2010 Dodge minivan as company vehicles. I found the on dash gear selector a little weird at first but now I dont even notice the difference.

I think mini vans are some of the most comfortable driving vehicles on the road. I've owned 3 of them. I still think that Chrysle should sell a value leader unit that would have standard equipment the same on ever unit. I don't know if Kia's van has many options. I do know that it's rated mediocre and is okay for a cheaper alternative. And the smaller size that used to be sold was a plus as well. The prices of these fancier ones are going through the roof. Oh well, it's just my observation.

I think mini vans are some of the most comfortable driving vehicles on the road. I've owned 3 of them. I still think that Chrysle should sell a value leader unit that would have standard equipment the same on ever unit. I don't know if Kia's van has many options. I do know that it's rated mediocre and is okay for a cheaper alternative. And the smaller size that used to be sold was a plus as well. The prices of these fancier ones are going through the roof. Oh well, it's just my observation.

See: Grand Caravan, Dodge.