Two bumpy test drives? Help!

kwilkins

I really love the MKT (Ecoboost) and was ready to buy,,, but. I test drove two different Ecoboost's and both had noticeable trouble (for me) with bumps in the road. When I was on smooth roads or highways the MKT was amazingly quite and comfortable. When I was on side streets every bump was felt right through the seat in a way that seemed out of character with respect to the luxury ride I was experiencing on smooth roads.

Is this the nature of the MKT, are you going to really feel bumps in the road most of the time?

Ken

• 5 weeks later...

Pardon me if I am out of line here but we have an Ecoboost Flex that I will say rides rougher over the bumps than the standard Flex. I believe the suspension is different as well as the tire size too with the Ecoboost cars - both of these would certainly contribute. I live in Northern Minnesota and with us being in February the frost heave on the highways causes quite a bumpy ride.

Like you noticed - on smooth roads these cars are fabulous. On bumpy rides they are not the most forgiving.

I am assuming the MKT is similarly sprung as the Flex - if not, disregard my post. :-)