No Engines for a week?

nemosdad

Does the DTP shutdown affects all F150 production, or just certain trim lines or cabs? In other words, do DTP and KCAP all make the same stuff or are certain combos specific to each plant?

(I'm on the lookout for a 2011 FX4 with a 6.5 foot bed myself and these seem to be a bit scarce here on the east coast.)

Edited by jrbdmb

That is a stupid saying, considering Dearborn builds them 7 days a week.

And, we may not be out of the woods yet. The storage lots are filling up around the plant. Weird considering the assembly plant isn't running.

Also, we are hearing we may be shut down another week. Still having engine sourcing problems.

Yikes. It's just a saying. Hold's true for almost anything manufactured. This isn't the employee forum, and I wouldn't make a comment like that if it was. It's just shop talk among the uninitiated. I greatly appreciate any info that an employee can provide, except ...you know... that tone of reply.

I know I like a beer on Friday. Sunday as well, maybe too many, hence the Monday reference. It's all good, but I'll still take a Thursday build. Didn't mean too piss in your Wheaties.

Ps. It is weird that your storage lots are filling up despite shortage. But since there's been no real confirmation from FORD, what's a guy to do? If it wasn't for the good people on this site, I wouldn't even have a clue. Even bad news is some news. If I'm left twisting in the wind, what do I tell my employee's? "you'll be going back to work at SOME time in the next fiscal year!" Anywho.../

that tone of reply.

You want a more civilized tone, but your "saying" points to the people building your truck as a bunch of drunken party animals that can't put a vehicle toghether after a supposed binge drinking weekend. As one of those people, I take great offense to it.

Edited by Pioneer

Does the DTP shutdown affects all F150 production, or just certain trim lines or cabs? In other words, do DTP and KCAP all make the same stuff or are certain combos specific to each plant?

(I'm on the lookout for a 2011 FX4 myself and these seem to be a bit scare here on the east coast.)

As far as I know, KCAP only builds 8ft beds and the FX2. DTP only builds the Harley, Raptor, and Platinum. All other models and engines are shared between the two plants..

Even more so. I'm able to pick any incentive that happens along the way. Meaning that I qualify for the superb December rebates. Not just the already impressive November deals. When I talked to my dealer about changing my purchase date to Dec. he told me the dealer can offer this rebate without changing the date of purchase. So I told him to put it in writing. And the service manager did. The costco rebate seems to be specific to the time of actual possession. I will double check that though.

WOW if this is true it's Great NEWS for me.

I ordered in Nov and then the deal got better in December. My truck is due to arrive in Feb. When I talked with my salesman I mentioned to him about Dec. Having the better deal and his reply was you can only take the incentives at the time of purchase or delivery not in between.

I am also in Canada.

Might want to confirm with Ford Canada by calling there 1-800 #.

Please post with the reply you got from a Ford Canada Rep.

thanks

Not yet. Had a busy day. Between work and dealing with my wife's idiot cousin to whom I sold my 97 (Who managed to screw the motor up in just under a week) I didn't have time. I'll phone after I get the kids to school and knock off some more work. I'll go grab the notice from the dealer and look at it again as well. Might've had something to do with the date of purchase though. The deals changed literally hours after I made the deal. Paperwork may not have gone through untill Dec. I will get to it today 12Secrd.

12secrd, you are correct. Only at time of order or delivery, no deals in between. The lady at Ford said the deals are specific to the day in question, no exceptions. She did pull my paperwork but didn't confirm what day the paperwork lists. It would seem that if the paperwork states Nov. 30, 2010 than that is the deal of the month I qualify for. Apologies if I got your hopes up, than dashed 'em! I'll grab my files over the weekend and look closely at the notice I got from my local dealer. This is kinda biting me in the ass though. I went ahead and added an option after I got the statement from them. I'll keep posting with more news as it comes in...

As of Jan.31 truck is in transit. ETA is Feb.14 I'm hoping I'm on the lighter side of that estimate! Even if it's a bit later I'm happy my truck has been confirmed to be on the move. Many thanks to Cyberdman!

Turns out to be in my benefit after all. Rebates jumped to 7000.00 Manufacturer. Now I just need Costco to come on board!

Edited by nemosdad

As of Jan.31 truck is in transit. ETA is Feb.14 I'm hoping I'm on the lighter side of that estimate! Even if it's a bit later I'm happy my truck has been confirmed to be on the move. Many thanks to Cyberdman!

Turns out to be in my benefit after all. Rebates jumped to 7000.00 Manufacturer. Now I just need Costco to come on board!

Ford (Canada) stopped Costco $1000 rebate and added $1000 in accessories in its place. (Feb 1)

($7,000 for 2011, $8,000 for 2010)

Edited by PWR Kid

PWR Kid, is it 7000 manufacturer rebate plus 1000.00 accessory? Or 6000 rebate plus 1000 accessory?

Nevermind. Just went through the legal notice on the Ford site. $7000.00 Manufacturer rebate plus $1000.00 accessory for non factory item(s)! My dealer has the extang solid fold tonneau cover in stock. Guess that makes my decision between backflip and extang real easy.

Edited by nemosdad