Another Newbie from Canada

robot_trainer

Hi all,

I've mostly owned Mopars all my life (had a Charger and still have a 69 Road Runner) but I like all North American muscle cars equally. Bought my first Mustang LX 5.0 back in 1989. Had a 90 F150 after that and then a1991 Mustang LX 5.0 hatchback after that. After that it was an Intrepid, Dakota R/T, GMC Sierra, Dodge Ram 2500 and finally a Chrysler 300.

Back to Ford again and it looks like it might be a long stay. Just ordered a 2012 Mustang GT, Kona blue, 401A package, Brembos, 6 sp man, electronics package, HID security. Ordered it Jan 15. Dealers allocation is next week. Hope it gets scheduled soon and gets a vin.

Like to learn all I can about this car and share experience with other with similar interests. Look forward to communicating with all of you.

John

Welcome to the forums. Sounds like a gorgeous Mustang you ordered! I do really like that Kona Blue.

Thanks for the welcome. I don't have very much to offer as far as knowledge in this area as this is pretty new to me, but so far I have enjoyed reading alot of the earlier posts. Lots of very good and useful info.

Hi,

I'm a newbie from your area too. I'm enjoying my new Edge so far and Kona Blue is a beautiful colour. I've never gone wrong with a Ford. I bet you'll be very happy with your Mustang (just watch some of those city potholes!)

Good luck!

Hey, nice to hear from a local. I really liked both my 89 LX 5.0 and my 91. The only issue I had was driving in the winter so I usually ended up with a truck of some kind. Now that I'm older and more decrepit, I have the means to get a new Mustang and have something to drive in the winter. I was pretty much set on buying a Challenger R/T classic, but a number of factors changed my mind. The Mustang looks to have it beat on all fronts and when you are laying down 40K plus on a car you better get your money's worth. Plus my wife liked the looks of it better.

The Dodge dealer was having a hard time when I broke the new to him. I was ready for the pre-canned reasons why I was making a mistake and he did not disappoint me. Stuff like there are too many of them around. From what I've read regarding production and delivery delivery, it looks like there won't be many around-looks like his negative got turned into a plus. There are more Challengers in our area that there is no way to swing a cat without hitting one. He had nothing to say about the fact that the Mustang handles better, is lighter, has more HP, better entertainment equipment, better brakes, and gets better gas mileage and fits in my garage better. I'm a Mopar car but I'm also pretty objective when it comes to stuff I have to pay for.