My EcoBoost is here and it is at its new home....

BrianS

Congrats! That is a nice color and it's sharp for sure. I am waiting another month or so for mine. I test drove the 5.0 and was amazed with the truck from top to bottom. I really hope the EB lives up to everything you and the reviews are saying. Keep us posted on how you like it.

Thanks..

I can't give you guys any mileage numbers yet but I keep track of it with a program on my IPod. Will let you know when I get accurate info.

Right now I am trying to figure out why the radar info isn't pulling up on the Nav system. The map pulls up but no radar image. On another screen the weather data comes up for today and the 5 day forcast. I am thinking it might be a setting but that is just a guess.

One thing i found, along with others, is if you have a HTC EVO phone it likes to discount from Sync. My fix is to shut the WiFi off and so far that keeps the bluetooth from disconnecting. Now if i could remember where I read the EVO isue on the net so I can post my fix....B

I would almost say it could out run a Lightning...would like to try... Mine has 3.73's...B

Have you ever DRIVEN a Lightning? Your EcoBoost would outrun a 1st gen Lightning ('93-'95) no problem, but no way in hell would it touch a '2000-2004 Lightning. The supercharged 5.4 made 380 hp/450 lb. ft bone stock, and it ONLY came as a 2wd regular cab short box, the lightest bodystyle avaliable. Bone stock Lightnings run in the low 14 second range, and with a few minor bolt-ons are in the 13's. I'd be surprised if a heavy crew cab F150 w/ the EcoBoost could get out of the 16 second range on a good day.

Have you ever DRIVEN a Lightning? Your EcoBoost would outrun a 1st gen Lightning ('93-'95) no problem, but no way in hell would it touch a '2000-2004 Lightning. The supercharged 5.4 made 380 hp/450 lb. ft bone stock, and it ONLY came as a 2wd regular cab short box, the lightest bodystyle avaliable. Bone stock Lightnings run in the low 14 second range, and with a few minor bolt-ons are in the 13's. I'd be surprised if a heavy crew cab F150 w/ the EcoBoost could get out of the 16 second range on a good day.

I use to bracket race Mustangs. Never owned a Lightning. Can;t write much heading to work.

Horsepower numbers don't do much for me. I was beating guys who had Cobras with my GT. There is a lot more factors to drag racing like chassis and the driver. If I remember correctly didn't the Lightning have 255 tires, a 4 speed auto, and 3.55 rear end? Someone correct me if I am wrong but those numbers i don't recall. Guess I could look them up. Just goes to show how good Ford is doing. It is crazy they are making a V6 with 365hp and 420 ft/lbs. You an also equip it from the factory with a bunch of rearends, even down to 4.10's. Mine has 3.73's.

I think it would be cool to race a stock lightning to an Ecoboost.

Some entertainment to kill time...B

HMMM the reply I posted concering the Lightning versus EcoBoost.

I attached a link for a youtube video but it doesn't show up on here. Anyway do a search on you tube. Cars.com had a 3.7L and a 3.5L at the drag strip, pretty good info. EcoBoost running mid 14's.

Wish I knew what gears they had..B

I use to bracket race Mustangs. Never owned a Lightning. Can;t write much heading to work.

Horsepower numbers don't do much for me. I was beating guys who had Cobras with my GT. There is a lot more factors to drag racing like chassis and the driver. If I remember correctly didn't the Lightning have 255 tires, a 4 speed auto, and 3.55 rear end? Someone correct me if I am wrong but those numbers i don't recall. Guess I could look them up. Just goes to show how good Ford is doing. It is crazy they are making a V6 with 365hp and 420 ft/lbs. You an also equip it from the factory with a bunch of rearends, even down to 4.10's. Mine has 3.73's.

I think it would be cool to race a stock lightning to an Ecoboost.

Some entertainment to kill time...B

I had an '01 Lightning, 3.73 rear (no 3.55 in the Lightning), 18x9 wheels, don't recall the aspect ratio of the stock tires but I had a set of MT ET Streets on the back anyway. The transmission was the same as a Super Duty had, but set up for quicker shifting. With just an aftermarket Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, open filter intake and a single blade throttle body, I was able to run a 13.6 @ 102 mph (spinning the tires through the first 60 feet) at the local track, and I have ZERO experience in bracket racing or setting up a chassis strictly for the drags. I just did one helluva smokey burnout, and then stood on the loud pedal.

I have a very hard time believing an EcoBoost truck, being as they are (so far) almost exclusively heavy crew cabs, and the EcoBoost engine itself designed more for towing than racing, running anywhere near a 14 second pass. Those trucks running at Mlan (where I ran) are most likely what they called "ringers" back in the day; Vehicles provided to the press puposely tweaked to make better numbers at the track. They could have upped the boost, changed the way the trans shifted, any number of things. Even given that, the EcoBoost, in a slightly lighter Supercab body and 2wd, just barely broke into the 14's. Your average crewcab 4x4 EcoBoost will be a 16 second truck under optimal conditions.

Edited by Former MTP'er

Pathfinder,

When did you place your order? I placed my order for a F-150 KR EB on January 3rd, and the dealer still has no build date or VIN Number.

Thanks,

Greg

Gave you on original truck but got one that came in that had everything I wanted but more. I did find factory paperwork in the truck that said Dec 14 if that gives you some kind of idea,,,

I got a bunch, but what helped is that i am a member of USAA and used their car buying service as a bargaining tool...

OBTW call the Ford Corporate number and ask for the flyer they sent it to me and it had a $750 coupon in it. got my Lariat Supercrew with off road 4x4, candy red, nav and Captains chairs for around 40700...It was under 41000...

Hi,

Did you actually get a price using USAA - their website wasn't updated for the 2011 as of last night. I ordered my Platinum Ecoboost today and am waiting for the USAA numbers to come up.

Thanks!

Hi,

Did you actually get a price using USAA - their website wasn't updated for the 2011 as of last night. I ordered my Platinum Ecoboost today and am waiting for the USAA numbers to come up.

Thanks!

Yes I got the USAA pricing. Also Pentagon Federal Credit Union uses the same buying service now. I actaully got under the USAA price with the $750 voucher I got from Ford.

When I used USAA tool I had to go to the upper left corner and change it from 2010 to 2011...

Hope that helps..B

Well I got to test drive one today not at mt regular dealer so I had a salesman on a ride along.

Didn't get to race the L but I had quite a bit of fun playing with a Challenger. It surprised the heck out of him. :hysterical:

I agree on the drag radials. Had them on my Mustang...soft rubber and they also don't handle very good in the rain...due to lack of grooves...B

Got my EcoBoost last night. All I have to say is, WOW Ford you out did yourself this time. This is by far the best truck I have ever owned or driven. I also could get away with saying the best vehicle I have ever driven or owned. When people in general see this truck, they just get a big grin and say WOW. So Ford is bringing smiles to everyone...B

Everytime I read a post like this I get envious and makes me even more impatient on the delivery of mine.

Sorry guys, but I think everyone asking for fuel economy is pretty funny. For the first 6-months, it will probably be pretty bad. After all, who goes out and buys their new powerhouse torque monster, and drives it like there is an egg under the accelerator.

I think we should revisit this in 6 months.

To the OP, congrats, and it looks like a beautiful truck. The funny thing is, the way you ordered it, is how me and the hubby built one online. Only our price was much higher than yours. LOL

It just seems like a great replacement for our V10, but we would be going backward and don't drive enough to make it worth it.

I just love the Ecoboost engine.

Lol..I totally agree. The only thing I keep thinking of is when I'm at the front of the line at the intersection and you have these guys in these pick up trucks pull along side you thinking their going to blow by you so they can get in front of you before their lane ends! I can't wait!

Everytime I read a post like this I get envious and makes me even more impatient on the delivery of mine.

IMHO it is well worth the wait....then when you get it you will have sleepless and restless nights where you can't sleep because you can't wait to drive it again...LOL

Edited by BrianS

I got a bunch, but what helped is that i am a member of USAA and used their car buying service as a bargaining tool...

OBTW call the Ford Corporate number and ask for the flyer they sent it to me and it had a $750 coupon in it. got my Lariat Supercrew with off road 4x4, candy red, nav and Captains chairs for around 40700...It was under 41000...

What flyer do you ask for? Is that the test drive coupon? always looking for another $750!! What number do you call?

What flyer do you ask for? Is that the test drive coupon? always looking for another $750!! What number do you call?

Have to get back with ya on the number it is at the house and I am at work tonight...

Asked for the brochure for the f-150 and it had a voucher for 750 in it...B

I did get the 500 test drive rebate but couldnt use it in conjuntion with the 750...

It's def not "Lightning" Fast, but from the few track tests I can find it will take many sports sedans on the road and destroy just about any other pickup.

Cars.com ran a 2WD EB SuperCab (unknown gear ratio) -- 14.67 @94.6 mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyrhspHaJa8

And Pickuptrucks.com tested a Screw 4x4 5.0 (3.73 ratio) and it did a 15.53 @ 92.85 mph. I test drove the 5.0 4x4 Screw with 3.73's first and it sounded mean and was fast. Then I drove a Screw 4x4 EB with only 3.55's and I was blown away. Other than hearing some boost it was quiet, but potent, and will no doubt take the 5.0. So i'd put all the EB's depending on configuration/gearing between mid 14's and low 15's. Just wait until the tuners take some of the torque management out and tune it to 400 hp+.

Pickuptrucks.com 5.0 Review/Test

1186893687_VP62d-M.jpg

Full article on 0 - 60 times

. Just wait until the tuners take some of the torque management out and tune it to 400 hp+.

I guess I don't see the need for a truck to go quicker than 14-15's...It's a TRUCK afterall, Ford says you're supposed to do TRUCK things with it, like haul stuff, pull a trailer, etc. The suspension and center of gravity of your average 4x4 EcoBoost or 5.0 is NOT designed for handling or drag racing.

My Lightning wasn't designed to do truck things...It had Corvette tires, it had a tow rating no bigger than that of a Ranger, it was low and mean. Designed to handle the curves and go fast in a straight line, and that's about it.

I guess I don't see the need for a truck to go quicker than 14-15's...It's a TRUCK afterall, Ford says you're supposed to do TRUCK things with it, like haul stuff, pull a trailer, etc. The suspension and center of gravity of your average 4x4 EcoBoost or 5.0 is NOT designed for handling or drag racing.

My Lightning wasn't designed to do truck things...It had Corvette tires, it had a tow rating no bigger than that of a Ranger, it was low and mean. Designed to handle the curves and go fast in a straight line, and that's about it.

I hear what you're saying. Auto/truck enthusiasts, myself included, always have to mod, making it your own. It is a great TRUCK, with plenty of power to get on the freeway, pass, 4x4 in all terrains, and pull some serious weight. You def have to remember it's 2 1/2 tons of steels and as you said it can't handle/stop like a lightning or car. I hope everyone is careful with their F150's and not just the EB, the 5.0 and 6.2 will get you into equal trouble with all that HP & torque on tap. :finger: